Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

633/91/483 whistling relief and new stab?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Re: 633/91/483 whistling relief and new stab?

Postby cwood » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:49 pm

Foil wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:30 pm
Whattheflock wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:34 pm
So I wet sanded the trailing edge of my mast with 1000grit like the "exfabrica" video shows and its mostly silent now. Just a little hum if im going fast. Thanks for the help!!!
totally silent at any speed or angle is bliss, and you would never accept anything else once you get total silence.
I have never had a wing or stab that has been a hummer, only the mast, and every mast has been noisy, apart from one,
the new 82cm moses carbon, totally silent from new.
I agree...don't settle for noise of any type....if you have spent the bucks for the precision of a carbon setup....get to silence. It should be like a magic carpet!

Whattheflock
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 70kg
Local Beach: Secret.
Favorite Beaches: Open beaches.
Style: Strapless Foil
Gear: 7m prodigy, 10m flite, Moses DC 3'6" and 633/483/91cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 633/91/483 whistling relief and new stab?

Postby Whattheflock » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:16 pm

cwood wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:49 pm
Foil wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:30 pm
Whattheflock wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:34 pm
So I wet sanded the trailing edge of my mast with 1000grit like the "exfabrica" video shows and its mostly silent now. Just a little hum if im going fast. Thanks for the help!!!
totally silent at any speed or angle is bliss, and you would never accept anything else once you get total silence.
I have never had a wing or stab that has been a hummer, only the mast, and every mast has been noisy, apart from one,
the new 82cm moses carbon, totally silent from new.
I agree...don't settle for noise of any type....if you have spent the bucks for the precision of a carbon setup....get to silence. It should be like a magic carpet!
Yea ill keep tuning no doubt, was just really impressed on how little sanding I did made such a huge difference. It was pretty loud! When really hauling ass around 40kmh other foilers said it "was a screamer of a foil" and could hear it from the beach. Ill keep tuning it though. I noticed before sanding it would scream sometimes, whistle most times and be almost quiet at other times.. I just want to make small adjustments and do like 2 or 3 sessions to see how my adjustments work in different conditions..

It only makes a very small whine near the top end now, but I'll work on it!

Return to “Hydrofoil”