Gear: Too many to list
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Foiling In Super Light Wind

Postby Windigo1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:27 am

skideeppow wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:46 am
Windigo1 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:11 am
I use a 12m Airush Ultra V1 for foiling in wind so low that the kite will fall from the sky if I don't keep it moving at all time. I have never experienced this with my kite. I use a 56cm bar. Maybe your lines are stretched and the kite is not flying properly. This is my go to kite for below 10 knots wind and it's a really great kite. Sometimes I have to get back to the beach pumping the foil because I can barely keep the kite in the air by keeping it moving and even then I never had to pull steering line. I have experienced this with my 22m foil kite on 30m lines in insanely low wind but not on an Ultra.
Interesting. Had no issues on my 9 m and 6 m today. Those are drifters.
I don't understand you comment. I also have no issues with the Ultra. I was trying to say I have used the kite in wind so low it's challenging to keep it flying and it still behaved good.

skideeppow
Medium Poster
Local Beach: None, landlocked CO
Favorite Beaches: Maui, Turqs, Hood River for Aug
Gear: Drifters, 2018 7, 9, Airusdh Ultra 12 2019
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Foiling In Super Light Wind

Postby skideeppow » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:52 pm

thanks for the feedback. Started sending the kite quicker, and sheeting in the bar in order to get it to come around quicker.

Got my duct tacts back after not having kited since March. My kite skills just vanished after taking 6-7 months off.

Return to “Hydrofoil”