Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Which Moses wings for Prone/SUP foiling

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
User avatar
Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 114 times
Contact:

Which Moses wings for Prone/SUP foiling

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:50 pm

I figured I'd ask here before I have to join another forum. Moving to South Padre Island and need something for the off wind days and figured I'd expand my foiling to SUP and surfing. Since I ride the Moses 633, it would be nice to stay in the same "network" but I don't know which front wings would be good for the other disciplines. Also it would save me money as well sticking with Moses. Anyone on here do both? Any advice? Cheers.

=Jason-

User avatar
darippah
Frequent Poster
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 pm
Local Beach: Nj
Style: Freestyle, Strapless waves
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Which Moses wings for Prone/SUP foiling

Postby darippah » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:35 pm

I've prone surfed with 633. it works in medium and small surf. I'm far from an expert on the topic though

User avatar
gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:19 am
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: North Kiteboarding, Moses Hydrofoil, Mystic, Indiana SUP
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding, Moses Hydrofoil, Mystic, Indiana SUP
Location: Fuerteventura
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 163 times
Contact:

Re: Which Moses wings for Prone/SUP foiling

Postby gmb13 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:19 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:50 pm
I figured I'd ask here before I have to join another forum. Moving to South Padre Island and need something for the off wind days and figured I'd expand my foiling to SUP and surfing. Since I ride the Moses 633, it would be nice to stay in the same "network" but I don't know which front wings would be good for the other disciplines. Also it would save me money as well sticking with Moses. Anyone on here do both? Any advice? Cheers.

=Jason-
I use the 1100 and 790 a lot for sup and surf foiling. The 633 works in larger faster waves, but is not really a good wing for pumping back out.

--
Gunnar
These users thanked the author gmb13 for the post:
Adventure Logs (Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:36 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

User avatar
Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 114 times
Contact:

Re: Which Moses wings for Prone/SUP foiling

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:37 pm

gmb13 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:19 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:50 pm
I figured I'd ask here before I have to join another forum. Moving to South Padre Island and need something for the off wind days and figured I'd expand my foiling to SUP and surfing. Since I ride the Moses 633, it would be nice to stay in the same "network" but I don't know which front wings would be good for the other disciplines. Also it would save me money as well sticking with Moses. Anyone on here do both? Any advice? Cheers.

=Jason-
I use the 1100 and 790 a lot for sup and surf foiling. The 633 works in larger faster waves, but is not really a good wing for pumping back out.

--
Gunnar
Which wing do you prefer and which stab do you use with them? Gonna have to get the stiffer 75 mast to replace my floppy 71

User avatar
gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:19 am
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: North Kiteboarding, Moses Hydrofoil, Mystic, Indiana SUP
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding, Moses Hydrofoil, Mystic, Indiana SUP
Location: Fuerteventura
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 163 times
Contact:

Re: Which Moses wings for Prone/SUP foiling

Postby gmb13 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:37 pm
gmb13 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:19 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:50 pm
I figured I'd ask here before I have to join another forum. Moving to South Padre Island and need something for the off wind days and figured I'd expand my foiling to SUP and surfing. Since I ride the Moses 633, it would be nice to stay in the same "network" but I don't know which front wings would be good for the other disciplines. Also it would save me money as well sticking with Moses. Anyone on here do both? Any advice? Cheers.

=Jason-
I use the 1100 and 790 a lot for sup and surf foiling. The 633 works in larger faster waves, but is not really a good wing for pumping back out.

--
Gunnar
Which wing do you prefer and which stab do you use with them? Gonna have to get the stiffer 75 mast to replace my floppy 71
I don't have a preference as the compliment each other. I use the 1100 in small waves (under shoulder high) and for pumping. The 790 is for bigger waves an. I use the 450 on both for surfing.

--
Gunnar

PrfctChaos
Medium Poster
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:16 am
Local Beach: Perth
Style: Wave
Gear: Peak4's, Chrono V3, Skimboards, foils
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Which Moses wings for Prone/SUP foiling

Postby PrfctChaos » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:05 am

I would be looking at W1000 if had to choose from Moses lineup.


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests