Rare Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: Neo-Slash
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Armstrong 311 for kitefoiling?

Postby GuillaumeCoteMenard » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:09 am

I’m looking for a new foilboard and i’m wondering if any of you ride the 311 board for kitefoiling? If so, do hou like it?
In the same idea, i would like to give a shot at prone foiling, so Armstrong 455 could be a better choice, but i’m wondering if the extra length and weigth of the 455 would anoyed me when kiting?
My guess is that i would kite 90% and prone 10% no more.
Any thougths?
My foil is a Armstrong 1200 with 85cm mast.
My last board was North Pro foil 4’6’’

Texaskiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Texas City
Galveston
Favorite Beaches: North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
Playa del Carmen
Style: Freeride, surf, hydrofoil, airstyle
Gear: Core, Ozone, Moses,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Armstrong 311 for kitefoiling?

Postby Texaskiter » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Are you an experienced surfer? If so you could make that 3-11 work for prone but it will be a longer learning curve. You could eventually end up happy with the one board quiver but a 3-11 is very small to learn to prone even if you are an experienced surfer. More volume and length for prone surf foiling makes it easier to catch lots of waves and makes everything more stable especially during take off (most critical point). One good strategy is to surf a board with the same volume that you use on your regular short surf board. For me, I like about 38L for my short boards. I weigh 205 lbs. So I chose to learn on the Armstrong 4-11 and progressed very quickly. By the way, I would never kite on such a large board. Hope this makes sense.

Return to “Hydrofoil”