Weight: 150
Local Beach: Gorge, lower Columbia river, La ventana
Style: TT, Surf, Foil
Gear: Naish, SS, LF, OR, Mystic, Ion
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: SS Space Skate with SS 3-6 micro?

Postby watercamper » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:20 pm

MacKite warned me that some of the original Titanium hardware from Slingshot had snapped and suggested that I change to Stainless Steel. I took their advice and changed it all. So far so good. But, I don't jump. I suggest you contact Slingshot. They have been very good to me with any issues. And maybe start another thread for yourself as I'd like to keep my original post on topic. Thanks!

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana; SPI; Hood River; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9m, SST 4/5/7m, UFO 5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/91/101cm masts with 800/425 695/425 637/420 1000/421 wingsets, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Moses 80cm alu mast $260

Postby grigorib » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:44 pm

In the picture you’re not using countersink bolts which are considered proper way attaching mast plate to the board.

Mast-fuselage bolts are titanium and I saw two people snap those because they used wrong M6 bolt attaching wing to fuselage and it was sticking out by 5mm tilting the mast and making it not sit flush so the titanium M10 didn’t bend well, they work well for stretching when mast sits flush on the fuselage.
The mistake could have been prevented but longer stabilizer attachment bolts that easily fit into wing and cause issues. Not smart engineering when you can assemble things wrong causing major loss.

You can easily drill and unscrew stuck bolts and I’d use steel bolts going forward. Majority of Hoverglide riders are pretty happy with their gear.

watercamper
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 150
Local Beach: Gorge, lower Columbia river, La ventana
Style: TT, Surf, Foil
Gear: Naish, SS, LF, OR, Mystic, Ion
Been thanked: 0

Postby watercamper » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:50 am

Again, I respectfully ask as the original poster that all hi-jack comments be moved to another thread. Your problem isn't my problem. I gave you my 2 cents. Please, start your own thread. And responders, please don't respond unless you are addressing my original post. Thanks to all!!!

Return to “Hydrofoil”