Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Nj
Style: Freestyle, Strapless waves
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Soul lines broken?

Postby darippah » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:27 am

direnc wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:40 am
Very unusual, but I have an idea on how it happened. It was probably not rigged right, and lines rubbed against each other. You can see the fraying on the leader line labels on the second picture. Definitely a result of rubbing.

BTW I have experienced something strange with the Soul 12 three times now. Even though the lines are rigged right, during packing and unpacking the bridle may get a twist/snag around the leader lines. It’s difficult to see, but you can feel the rubbing each other on the bar. Shaking the lines may fix it but not that easy. I have had to land the kite to sort it out. Only to see there’s nothing wrong. Just landing and sorting out the bridle is usually enough, or just reconnect the lines to be sure.

Never had this happen with other Flysurfers or Ozone’s tho... But seems to be a thing for me with the Soul.
I get this with the Sonic 2 as well!

airsail
Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Queens Beach North, Queensland, Australia
Favorite Beaches: Queens North, I don’t travel much
Style: Foiling
Gear: Sonic 3 15mtr, Soul 10 mtr, BRM Clouds 8, 6.2, 4.8, 3.7
Lift, Naish and Levitaz foils
Carbonco and home build boards
Ozone and Duotone wings
Naish Hover 95 foilboard
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Soul lines broken?

Postby airsail » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:09 pm

darippah wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:27 am
direnc wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:40 am
Very unusual, but I have an idea on how it happened. It was probably not rigged right, and lines rubbed against each other. You can see the fraying on the leader line labels on the second picture. Definitely a result of rubbing.

BTW I have experienced something strange with the Soul 12 three times now. Even though the lines are rigged right, during packing and unpacking the bridle may get a twist/snag around the leader lines. It’s difficult to see, but you can feel the rubbing each other on the bar. Shaking the lines may fix it but not that easy. I have had to land the kite to sort it out. Only to see there’s nothing wrong. Just landing and sorting out the bridle is usually enough, or just reconnect the lines to be sure.

Never had this happen with other Flysurfers or Ozone’s tho... But seems to be a thing for me with the Soul.
I get this with the Sonic 2 as well!
Make sure when you run out your mixer and lines you spread the front and rear lines down past the stainless attach rings. It’s the rings causing the problem and doing this will fix the issue. Was having the same issue until I worked out the problem.
These users thanked the author airsail for the post:
direnc (Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:53 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Return to “Hydrofoil”