A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:19 pm
- Kiting since: 2015
- Gear: -
- Brand Affiliation: None
If you screw straps onto a board with strap holes and later decide to move the straps to new holes, is there any need to fill or seal the old holes?
I know that any crack or chip in a surfboard needs to be filled/sealed in order to prevent water from getting into the board. I am obviously not very knowledgeable about foil/wing board construction, and don't know how the area around the strap holes is reinforced and whether water could infiltrate.
My question is broadly applicable, but if you need specifics assume a Slingshot Dwarfcraft or KT board.
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:22 pm
- Kiting since: 2016
- Weight: 70
- Local Beach: Traveling, doing an olympic campaign in Nacra 17.
- Gear: Moses Hydrofoils and Flysurfer kites
Don’t need to fill, you are screwing into an insert in the board.
Unless you use a way to long screw there should be no way for water to get in.
- These users thanked the author seglarn98 for the post:
- StellaBlu (Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:40 pm)
Return to “Hydrofoil”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests