Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core SLC - more game changing

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Core SLC - more game changing

Postby loco4viento » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:47 pm

The last two posts are the best in the whole thread. 👍👍 to jumpy and surfy!
JTS....nice work on your postscripts!

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:00 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:35 am
P.S. how much you guys wanna bet that if I mention Matteo V by name he responds?
Pay up boys!

jumptheshark wrote:
P.P.S. Double or nothing he uses his favourite Core pun next time he refers to the company.
Can't decide if CaptainCore's nickname "Cappy", or COREporate kiteboarding is my favorite.

jumptheshark wrote:
P.P.P.S. Double or nothing again he ends my username in “y”.
Alright "jumpy", I did what you said, so cut me in already! I still get 25% of your take, right?

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:04 pm

And this must be saved for posterity! Absoutely amazing!!! Best post ever. Funniest post that I remember. :thanx:
drsurf wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:14 pm
Man if this Core buzzword thing works I'm gonna bring out my own Hyper Hype kites and foils 8)

The kites will be made of Unobtanium, (sorry Oakley), fabric, Dynadynema thread sewn with laser guided sewing machines in a state of the art factory in Greenland. (Carbon neutral of course, powered by melting glaciers). Kites will of course be tested in outer space on a specially chartered rocket flight courtesy of Elon Musk.

The foils will have an anaphylactic, super heterogenous, alloy mast with hydrophobic wings made of a hydrogenated fibre, electropoxy composite. Screws of course will be Hypertanium and the fuselage will be exogenous alloy with an implacable coating so slippery even verbal abuse will slide right off.

If you have to ask about the price you obviously can't afford it. Celebrities will ride this fantastic high performance equipment or at least be photographed holding it in seductive poses dressed in eponymous Hyper Hype clothing. The phat peasant cap can be purchased by Hyper Hype wannabes for $1100 US plus $500 DJI drone delivery anywhere in the world within a 10km radius.

You can join the Hyper Hype club and feel you are part of the team for a mere $1000 US after you have made 50 posts glorifying the Hyper Hype name on kiteforums in at least 3 languages apart from English.

Contact me with your unmaxed out credit card details so I can max it out for the glory of Hype :lol: Get in quick as your money is limited!

nherbold
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Ilha do Guajiru, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Ilha do Guajiru
Huntington Beach, California
Sherman Island, California
Crissy Fields, California,
Anegada, British Virgin Island
Style: Strapless & wakestyle/Freeride
Gear: Wainman (RIP)...

Postby nherbold » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:15 pm

drsurf wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:14 pm
Man if this Core buzzword thing works I'm gonna bring out my own Hyper Hype kites and foils 8)

The kites will be made of Unobtanium, (sorry Oakley), fabric, Dynadynema thread sewn with laser guided sewing machines in a state of the art factory in Greenland. (Carbon neutral of course, powered by melting glaciers). Kites will of course be tested in outer space on a specially chartered rocket flight courtesy of Elon Musk.

The foils will have an anaphylactic, super heterogenous, alloy mast with hydrophobic wings made of a hydrogenated fibre, electropoxy composite. Screws of course will be Hypertanium and the fuselage will be exogenous alloy with an implacable coating so slippery even verbal abuse will slide right off.

If you have to ask about the price you obviously can't afford it. Celebrities will ride this fantastic high performance equipment or at least be photographed holding it in seductive poses dressed in eponymous Hyper Hype clothing. The phat peasant cap can be purchased by Hyper Hype wannabes for $1100 US plus $500 DJI drone delivery anywhere in the world within a 10km radius.

You can join the Hyper Hype club and feel you are part of the team for a mere $1000 US after you have made 50 posts glorifying the Hyper Hype name on kiteforums in at least 3 languages apart from English.

Contact me with your unmaxed out credit card details so I can max it out for the glory of Hype :lol: Get in quick as your money is limited!
You are the man!
Can't keep up with all these 'game-changers' hitting our sport for the last 15 years now...almost makes me believe i am not kiting anymore but just floating on a avalanche of BS and riding through a wall of wokeness. I'm just waiting for a Kardashian-kite to arrive and I can die happily

papasmerf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 195
Local Beach: west coast
Style: lawn mower
Gear: Slingshot, North, moses, flysurfers, some ozone again, and 17 years of accumulated kite stuff
Brand Affiliation: I like slingshot and north. good folks

Postby papasmerf » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:22 pm

i remember about 5 years ago a TON of core kites started showing up a our local spot, and i couldn't figure out why. but then i realized there was one or 2 new gen kiters who were getting deep discounts to sort of "push" the products. same thing happened many years ago with another brand (that brand sucked by the way)
still one local who pushes the core kites.

on the flip side,, i watched a newbie accidently lose his 13.5 core kite (the anchor line he was using to self launch broke) and it flew way out in very, very rugged, rocky, stick infested territory,,,,, i couldn't believe it but it stayed inflated and appeared to have no damage.

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:16 pm

Well a lot of fun here about Core, but

just for the case anybody is interested in the foil, what a pretty experienced friend riding since 2014 said about it:
"Pretty good, well balanced foil, even if bad paint shop on the strut it rides good, in sum a real successful job. Also price to value is good. A further foil in the onda 633 class, so not as fast as a Levitaz Cruizer."

Apart from that I am also not a friend of exaggerated marketing, but maybe necessary if you are 6 years too late on the party and haven't jet a system of 10+x of wings to interchange, etc.

Mind change from hardcore Hisstec Carved new school only switching to Core everbodys SLE kites and now again to foils in the last step, might be
that founder of Carved/Core has sold the company about 5 years ago.

https://www.aripaev.ee/uudised/2017/11/ ... ine-tehing

Todays owner is tahe outdoor sports which comes into watersports with a more kayaking then a mega loop background. :wink:

https://www.taheoutdoors.com/
These users thanked the author Horst Sergio for the post (total 2):
grigorib (Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:32 am) • cor (Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:31 am)
Rating: 6.06%

Return to “Hydrofoil”