Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Core SLC - more game changing

Postby SolarSet » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:47 am

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:38 am

Nobody pays full retail. Even a rich (but smart) newbie is going to ask for some sort of a deal. With less dealing room for CORE, average price paid on a COREporate kite will be more than a naish, cabrinha, duotone, etc..
You hate Core because shops are giving less discount on their kites comparing to other brands?

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:32 pm

Matteo V wrote:
SolarSet wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 am
Hey why people are keep repeating same misinformation instead of checking if its actually true what they say?

DT Rebel 10m €1679.00
XR6 10m €1629.00
Ozone Edge €1.689,00

Bought XR6 8m & 11m with Sensor 3 pro with 20% discount just asking few online shops around. Friend of mine had 30% discount on Duotone kite and could have Rebels cheaper than XR6 but looking at kite material XR looks like its going to last longer and their bar is great.
Nobody pays full retail. Even a rich (but smart) newbie is going to ask for some sort of a deal. With less dealing room for CORE, average price paid on a COREporate kite will be more than a naish, cabrinha, duotone, etc..

Some good explanations here in this thread, but CaptainCore/GraemeF/CaptainCore/Pinknorthpride's,....whatever his new alias is, is the best at demonstrating the attitude behind the explanations. Where has he gone??? Maybe COREporate kiteboarding told him not to verify the snobbieness by replying to thier narrative challenges here.
A friend bought brand new 10m Rally 2019 back in September for $899. As good or better than XR, less than half price (and Core is never on sale).

I asked one dealer, he gave me same price he listed online, went to another one and he gave better deal than listed with free two-day shipping.

Rally 2019 were the last from the Mohicans, unfortunately, and I would have recommended the guy an XR or Pivot instead but XR prices are through the roof and Pivots have insane, unserviceable squid-crap.

Yet, the thread is about false claims of how aluminum masts are better than carbon, and (therefore) pricier :) (only for Core, of course). I’d want Core to show a carbon mast they could produce in first place before trying to promote aluminum.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:16 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:47 am
Matteo V wrote:

You hate Core because shops are giving less discount on their kites comparing to other brands?
Your criticism is somewhat warranted. I can see where it comes across as me (and others) hating on Core kites. Truth is, Core makes decent kites. And while they have had lots of issues, so has every other manufacture. But our seeming hate is not directed toward the kites themselves. Its spread between the typical average (not the individual) Core kite owner, and the advertising/sales hype approach. As others have noted, certain personalities gravitate toward a Ferrari emblem slapped on a Fiat. Cappy/GraemeF/CaptainCore/Pinknorthpride's attitude here has exemplified the "Core supremacist" personality. This combination has come to light since Cores "hay day" and your average kiter has caught on.

Over the last few years, there has been a gradual shift away from the average belief that Core kites are any better than any other brand out there. So it seems the honeymoon is over for Core. grigorib, others, and myself, may want to reel back in our criticism of Core. It's now somewhat true that Core kites are no more expensive than other brands. Soon they too will have to start offering gear on closeout. And the hype isn't really there to even give a little support to the used market for Core, given the life span of a Core kite is no better than a used Liquid Force.

Something tells me that the true genius of the previous owners of Core is that they sold out when they did.

So yes, thankyou for the deserved criticism.
These users thanked the author Matteo V for the post (total 2):
mede (Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:12 pm) • cor (Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:30 am)
Rating: 6.06%

Windwarrior
Rare Poster

Postby Windwarrior » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:56 pm

Total bullshit in my point of view!

The same 3/4 persons posting bullshit about Core in every Core related thread (you know who you are)

Since the owner changed, that actually happened in 2017/18 the brand is going stronger than ever, marketing mellows down quite a bit compared to old times,
products improved (every brand has it´s shortcomings, don´t get me wrong, but in those persons views nothing changed, the same old biased posts here since years.... about new products they never even tried.

This is not only on Core threads, there are some persons doing the same on other brand threads. I guess this is something that happens in all forums.

Luckily the old days are over and there are so many demo events to test and compare kite stuff and make up your mind!

Core just won the readers award for best kite manufacturer, their service is excellent. XR is leading WOO rankings all over the world, GTS winning kiteloop contests, Nexus runs true as an serious allrounder, Section one of the most progressive wave kites out there, Xlite a new generation of onestrut performance kites (like the Ozone)... but yeah other mothers have beautiful daughters as well.

Just can´t stand this backwards biased shit here from only a few guys.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:09 am

Windwarrior wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:56 pm
Since the owner changed, that actually happened in 2017/18 the brand is going stronger than ever, marketing mellows down quite a bit compared to old times,
products improved (every brand has it´s shortcomings, don´t get me wrong, but in those persons views nothing changed, the same old biased posts here since years.... about new products they never even tried.
That part in bold is a HUGE mistake. Core was built on hype. Reeling back the hype will leave nothing to support them as as they become just another kite company.

The same thing happened with Best kiteboarding. What made Best the dominate force in kiteboarding and its growth into what kiteboarding is today, was thier high quality/low price/no middle man model. There was lots of hate towards Best back in the day for this too. But at least Best's early efforts expanded the kiteboarding communities reach via making it more accessible. Core's only claim to fame is that they showed how much money could be taken from those that bought into the advertising, price fixing, and hype.

Later on in Best's life, the model did a complete 180⁰ from its roots. And with the hate for the brand hanging on, Best couldn't shake its reputation while at the same time becoming insignificantly distinguished in price from the rest of the kite companies on the market. The lesson here is to "Be careful of the past you create - its hard to shed that skin completely."

Windwarrior wrote:
This is not only on Core threads, there are some persons doing the same on other brand threads. I guess this is something that happens in all forums.
Good point! There is lots of justified criticism towards other brands. Core is just easy pickings because they have a business model that focuses inward on profits for COREporate Kiteboarding, instead of outwards to support the community with affordable gear. Most kite brands do this too. Core just used to be the best at it. And even if they still are, I dont see that lasting.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:23 am

Damn, I need to start following readers awards. It might make me forget eventually exploding struts on every single XR my buddy bought new.

Also, it’s riders who win contests, not the kites. Kite companies just pay riders not to ride anything else. You need good performing kites too and Core actually perform at very decent level.

Good luck with isotropic aluminum masts! It’ll be fun when some snobs will feel like fools on every single foiling beach. Fortunately the guys who buy Core know that carbon rules. They have cash and are way smarter than marketing considers them to be. They kind of want what others can’t afford, but they’re not stupid buying aluminum nonsense.

“Anisotropic carbon properties” :bye:

cor
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: -

Postby cor » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:57 am

Matteo V summarized it very well.
Windwarrior wrote:
Luckily the old days are over
Yeah the old days are over when Core was a company living from the Core hype, when they (and also Carved) were creating true innovative products. The hype has faded a lot over the past few years and Core has become a company amongst other "supreme" kite companies, but with little to no innovation. I have never seen so many kiters moving away from Core than in the past year. It´s not the same anymore as 5 years ago. A lot of them have been moving to Duotone or North.

This is not Core bashing because I actually like the kites a lot. It´s an observation and based on facts. Core still provide high quality products and the best service in the market I´ve ever seen.
Windwarrior wrote:
Core just won the readers award for best kite manufacturer, their service is excellent. XR is leading WOO rankings all over the world, GTS winning kiteloop contests...
Oh come on! Really? As if someone would give a shit about some paid readers award and also we all know it´s the riders winning the contest and rankings, not the kites. Give Maarten, Mike or Joshua a kite from another brand and they will do the same because they are simply the best at what they do.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 am

Some people have too many first word problems.
We checked the following:
1. Core kites are not more expensive than order big brands (same price or cheaper as a matter of fact)
2. Core kites are not superior nor worst than other products on market
3. Core had some quality issues but nothing unusual comparing to other brands
4. (Optional by me and what few other people) Their build quality is above average, just comparing material on my XR to my friend brand new Rebel 2021

I'm kiting only just over 3 years so I don't get to understand "Core hype" term from back in 5 years ago however maybe it's good because I rather evaluate product how they are not how they used to be considered.
These users thanked the author SolarSet for the post:
Windwarrior (Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:23 am)
Rating: 3.03%

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:35 am

And that font they chose! Man you gotta hate that! Just drips slick pretentiousness.

I mean the big 5 we’re around for decades and coulda gone that route, but even Duotone knew not to go there.

Yellow..... Pffffft!

P.S. how much you guys wanna bet that if I mention Matteo V by name he responds?

P.P.S. Double or nothing he uses his favourite Core pun next time he refers to the company.

P.P.P.S. Double or nothing again he ends my username in “y”.

drsurf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NSW South Coast
Gear: Too much too describe
Brand Affiliation: Whatever I sell

Postby drsurf » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:14 pm

Man if this Core buzzword thing works I'm gonna bring out my own Hyper Hype kites and foils 8)

The kites will be made of Unobtanium, (sorry Oakley), fabric, Dynadynema thread sewn with laser guided sewing machines in a state of the art factory in Greenland. (Carbon neutral of course, powered by melting glaciers). Kites will of course be tested in outer space on a specially chartered rocket flight courtesy of Elon Musk.

The foils will have an anaphylactic, super heterogenous, alloy mast with hydrophobic wings made of a hydrogenated fibre, electropoxy composite. Screws of course will be Hypertanium and the fuselage will be exogenous alloy with an implacable coating so slippery even verbal abuse will slide right off.

If you have to ask about the price you obviously can't afford it. Celebrities will ride this fantastic high performance equipment or at least be photographed holding it in seductive poses dressed in eponymous Hyper Hype clothing. The phat peasant cap can be purchased by Hyper Hype wannabes for $1100 US plus $500 DJI drone delivery anywhere in the world within a 10km radius.

You can join the Hyper Hype club and feel you are part of the team for a mere $1000 US after you have made 50 posts glorifying the Hyper Hype name on kiteforums in at least 3 languages apart from English.

Contact me with your unmaxed out credit card details so I can max it out for the glory of Hype :lol: Get in quick as your money is limited!
These users thanked the author drsurf for the post (total 5):
grigorib (Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:43 pm) • cor (Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:01 pm) • nixmatters (Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:16 pm) • watercamper (Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:26 am) • Gestalt (Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:25 am)
Rating: 15.15%

Return to “Hydrofoil”