deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Core SLC - more game changing

Postby deniska » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:55 pm

their kites are actually quite good and XR/GTS lines have quite a following..
what seems to piss at least some people off is their pretentious marketing campaign with bold claims that are often confusing or misleading..
Why print word "FOIL" on an inflatable kite? Most people use that for RAM airs..
Slogans like "FOIL BETTER" for the first iteration of a product may be objectionable to folks that own Chubangas, Deltas, Levitaz or even Moses..
Claims "a carbon and aluminum hybrid with options to suit every foiler" - will not go well with racers..
.. and the list goes on..

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:25 pm

cor wrote: Personally I don´t give a shit about riders who say how good it is because there are still way too many Core-fanboys out there would even buy a muck heap if it would say "Core" on it and who haven´t even tried products from other companies. Core products are good, don´t get me wrong. But the hype around the company is over the top and it sometimes feels like a cult.
+1. I now consider Core kites as Kook kites.
Last edited by Da Yoda on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GetHighOrDieTrying
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Weight: 180lbs
Local Beach: USA
Gear: Ozone

Postby GetHighOrDieTrying » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:35 pm

many people i know had quality issues with their core kites, bars and bindings. they all got replacement but it would frustrate me if you spend premium $$$ and the stuff breaks after first or second session. if you want a really good foil i think there are better and well-established players out there, for entry/all-rounders i think the price point is too high.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:11 am

GetHighOrDieTrying wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:35 pm
many people i know had quality issues with their core kites, bars and bindings. they all got replacement but it would frustrate me if you spend premium $$$ and the stuff breaks after first or second session. if you want a really good foil i think there are better and well-established players out there, for entry/all-rounders i think the price point is too high.
For most brands, it usually takes a few versions of a product to fix potential issues but Core being last in the foil game can learn from others mistakes. Less risk and more profit.

Just like with their kites, nothing justifies the +++ price compared to other brands , it's just a marketing strategy. Most people associate price with quality/performance therefore the most expensive brand is the best :)

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35
Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:25 am

windmaker wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:11 am
Just like with their kites, nothing justifies the +++ price compared to other brands , it's just a marketing strategy. Most people associate price with quality/performance therefore the most expensive brand is the best :)
I agree the foil seems overpriced
However its interesting to see that "Core is the most expensive kite" sticks around so long.
Looking at the prices here for the last 3 years or so:
Ozone has been the most expensive, then its Duotone, and then Cabrina/Core at the same price (looking at a 5 strut 9m big air kite)

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:07 pm

leeuwen wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:25 am
windmaker wrote:
However its interesting to see that "Core is the most expensive kite" sticks around so long.
Ozone has been the most expensive, then its Duotone, and then Cabrina/Core at the same price (looking at a 5 strut 9m big air kite)
Talking about most expensive brands, my experience after 15 years in the kite business is that most top brands have very similar factory prices. What varies the most is the recommended retail price. There are a few reasons for this:
High RRP = higher margin for the shop so they are more likely to recommend what makes the more profit.
High RRP also means better discounts for the customer without loosing profit compared to cheaper brands. Would you rather buy a 1800 euros kite for 1500 or a 1500 kite for 1500..
High RRP = perceived quality and performance by the customer.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:29 pm

It’s ok to fill in “top price” niche. It’s questionable to fill it with subpar product. It’s disgusting to try to present subpar as superior. “Doubledisk makes you computer faster because there are less data read volume” type of claim.

As of discounts, I believe it’s part of Core strategy to not have discounts. Shops can’t advertise discounted prices

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 am

leeuwen wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:25 am
windmaker wrote:
Hey why people are keep repeating same misinformation instead of checking if its actually true what they say?

DT Rebel 10m €1679.00
XR6 10m €1629.00
Ozone Edge €1.689,00

Bought XR6 8m & 11m with Sensor 3 pro with 20% discount just asking few online shops around. Friend of mine had 30% discount on Duotone kite and could have Rebels cheaper than XR6 but looking at kite material XR looks like its going to last longer and their bar is great.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:38 am

SolarSet wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 am
Hey why people are keep repeating same misinformation instead of checking if its actually true what they say?

DT Rebel 10m €1679.00
XR6 10m €1629.00
Ozone Edge €1.689,00

Bought XR6 8m & 11m with Sensor 3 pro with 20% discount just asking few online shops around. Friend of mine had 30% discount on Duotone kite and could have Rebels cheaper than XR6 but looking at kite material XR looks like its going to last longer and their bar is great.
Nobody pays full retail. Even a rich (but smart) newbie is going to ask for some sort of a deal. With less dealing room for CORE, average price paid on a COREporate kite will be more than a naish, cabrinha, duotone, etc..

Some good explanations here in this thread, but CaptainCore/GraemeF/CaptainCore/Pinknorthpride's,....whatever his new alias is, is the best at demonstrating the attitude behind the explanations. Where has he gone??? Maybe COREporate kiteboarding told him not to verify the snobbieness by replying to thier narrative challenges here.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:41 am

Peter_Frank wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:45 pm
So just like Naish :rollgrin:
Where on this earth is Naish hyped up to the high point COREporate kiteboarding was 2 to 3 years ago?

Return to “Hydrofoil”