Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Forward WIP Aero seat harness

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Forward WIP Aero seat harness

Postby clint2070 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:03 am

Has anyone tried this harness for foiling ? My Ride Engine rides up too much. Everyone is telling me to get a vega but they're out of stock in XL everywhere. Any suggestions on other harnesses ?

User avatar
tkaraszewski
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:03 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Hood River/Caribbean
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer/Mikes Lab
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: Forward WIP Aero seat harness

Postby tkaraszewski » Fri May 28, 2021 2:35 am

Interesting, I hadn't heard of this. I am happy with my Vega but worried they're never coming back into stock for when mine eventually wears out. I'll check this one out.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Forward WIP Aero seat harness

Postby clint2070 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:38 am

tkaraszewski wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:35 am
Interesting, I hadn't heard of this. I am happy with my Vega but worried they're never coming back into stock for when mine eventually wears out. I'll check this one out.
Thanks. Im desperate ! I love my RE but its horrible for foiling !

User avatar
tkaraszewski
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:03 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Hood River/Caribbean
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer/Mikes Lab
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: Forward WIP Aero seat harness

Postby tkaraszewski » Fri May 28, 2021 4:18 am

clint2070 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:38 am
tkaraszewski wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:35 am
Interesting, I hadn't heard of this. I am happy with my Vega but worried they're never coming back into stock for when mine eventually wears out. I'll check this one out.
Thanks. Im desperate ! I love my RE but its horrible for foiling !
Apparently Cabrinha’s parent company bought DaKine’s windsports division and hopefully they’re just getting situated to get everything back into production under new ownership. But right now it looks like there are no DaKine harnesses currently.

papasmerf
Frequent Poster
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:18 am
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 195
Local Beach: west coast
Style: lawn mower
Gear: Slingshot, North, moses, flysurfers, some ozone again, and 17 years of accumulated kite stuff
Brand Affiliation: I like slingshot and north. good folks
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Forward WIP Aero seat harness

Postby papasmerf » Fri May 28, 2021 4:25 am

clint2070 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:03 am
Has anyone tried this harness for foiling ? My Ride Engine rides up too much. Everyone is telling me to get a vega but they're out of stock in XL everywhere. Any suggestions on other harnesses ?
which ride engine do you have?

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1106
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards
Location: Western USA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: Forward WIP Aero seat harness

Postby Da Yoda » Fri May 28, 2021 4:28 am

clint2070 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:03 am
Any suggestions on other harnesses ?
I've be seeing a lot of kiters using Prolimit's Kite Seat Pro and Ion's new Sonar. AK Durables has their new Ether seat harness which looks pretty nice. Since fit is important, these all could be worth checking out. I think there's also a Vega DLX, so that might be something to look for. :thumb:

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Forward WIP Aero seat harness

Postby clint2070 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:11 am

papasmerf wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:25 am
clint2070 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:03 am
Has anyone tried this harness for foiling ? My Ride Engine rides up too much. Everyone is telling me to get a vega but they're out of stock in XL everywhere. Any suggestions on other harnesses ?
which ride engine do you have?
My hand made one from coleman finally broke a few years ago. i have the 2018 carbon elite and 2019 hexcore. i love them for strapless wave riding. even occasional TT but with my 15m foil kite it doesn’t work

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Forward WIP Aero seat harness

Postby clint2070 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:16 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:28 am
clint2070 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:03 am
Any suggestions on other harnesses ?
I've be seeing a lot of kiters using Prolimit's Kite Seat Pro and Ion's new Sonar. AK Durables has their new Ether seat harness which looks pretty nice. Since fit is important, these all could be worth checking out. I think there's also a Vega DLX, so that might be something to look for. :thumb:
Thanks. i’ll look into those. I really like my Forward WIP vest so I was hoping someone had some insight on the harness. looks good and i’m sure it’s designed to go w my vest. Doesn’t look as feminine as the vega too. I guess I might have to be the one who tests it out. It sucks that Murray’s charges shipping and tax since i’m in CA. I can’t find it anywhere else. Paying $220 for something bad doesn’t sound fun right now.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Forward WIP Aero seat harness

Postby clint2070 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:18 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:28 am
clint2070 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:03 am
Any suggestions on other harnesses ?
I've be seeing a lot of kiters using Prolimit's Kite Seat Pro and Ion's new Sonar. AK Durables has their new Ether seat harness which looks pretty nice. Since fit is important, these all could be worth checking out. I think there's also a Vega DLX, so that might be something to look for. :thumb:
Attachments
54462C14-61A0-4C30-9299-936C941867C5.png

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Forward WIP Aero seat harness

Postby clint2070 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:55 am

clint2070 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 5:18 am
Da Yoda wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:28 am
clint2070 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:03 am
Any suggestions on other harnesses ?
I've be seeing a lot of kiters using Prolimit's Kite Seat Pro and Ion's new Sonar. AK Durables has their new Ether seat harness which looks pretty nice. Since fit is important, these all could be worth checking out. I think there's also a Vega DLX, so that might be something to look for. :thumb:
The Ion looks great. has a rope option too but the xl only fits up to 37” waist
Attachments
77283CFD-69D8-4879-B1A7-0C4CA0845F58.png


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 7 guests