Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha Double Agent foil with a different board?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Wind Over Water
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Sherman Island
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade
Been thanked: 0

Cabrinha Double Agent foil with a different board?

Postby Wind Over Water » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:05 am

I have the 1st gen Double Agent full setup, with board and foil. At some point, I'd like to move to a smaller board. Does anyone know if the Double Agent foil set up is compatible with other boards? What about the Special Agent?

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Re: Cabrinha Double Agent foil with a different board?

Postby nixmatters » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:54 am

Wind Over Water wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:05 am
I have the 1st gen Double Agent full setup, with board and foil. At some point, I'd like to move to a smaller board. Does anyone know if the Double Agent foil set up is compatible with other boards? What about the Special Agent?
The only other board with same mount I know of (140x90 bolt through) is the Neilpryde CRX twintip/foil, but it's 145cm long and almost impossible to find.

You need to drill out the threads of your mast plate and make countersunk beds for M8 bolts with countersunk head. Then you can use pretty much any board on the market with track mount.

But if you are looking to move to a smaller board, I guess it's time to upgrade your foil too :wink:

The Special Agent is a really nice board. It's damn stiff due to the deep channel it has. Much stiffer than the few paulownia core/carbon pocket boards I've tried.
And the T-nuts are always there for you :lol:

Return to “Hydrofoil”