A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Mikkelza
Rare Poster
Gear: Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Brunotti Bumblebee as foil board

Postby Mikkelza » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:21 pm

Dear Kiteforum-hydrofoil-geeks.

I have two boards for hydrofoiling. A slingshot converter, and a Liquid Force Happy foil board. I have various wings. Cloud IX S24 and P27, Liquid Force Thruster, LF Happy foil. I am still learning (currently practicing foot shift while foiling) and like to mix and test various setups.

I have an idea of an extra foil board:
I wonder - can a Brunotti Bumblebee board be used as a hydrofoil board if I attached a foil mount??

Picture of the Brunotti Bumblebee here:
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 223 times
measurement are: 150 cm long, 42 wide.

I am currently very happy for the Liquid Force Happy Foil board being 4'5" (135 cm), so I am used to a kind of short board, but the happy foil board have more volume than the Bumblebee, and the tail of the Happy foil board is very flat, while the bumblebee have a narrow tail.
I also wonder if the bumblebee will have enough volume to hold a heavy foil setup floating, like the LF Thruster with alu mast and heavy fuselage!

Picture of the LF Happy foil board here:
liquid-force-happy-foil-board-45.jpg
The brunotti bumblebee board is an outdated 'mutant'. The idea from Brunotti was to have a board that can be used as directional, but also be ridden 'backwards' due to small fins in the tip. However, because of twintip-like construction the board does not glide as good in waves as a true waveboard.
I have used occasionally as a kite-skimboard, which has been quit fun, but I barely use it any more.

Any inputs on this?

Kind regards, Mikkel

Return to “Hydrofoil”