Weight: 0
Local Beach: Ontario, Canada
Style: Freestyle Foil & Foil Surf
Gear: T1 Monowing by Triton Foils
Brand Affiliation: Triton Foil - www.tritonfoils.com

Re: Triton Foils releases the first accessible monowing: Triton T1

Postby TritonFoils » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:03 pm

"Does it really work or is this all done with smoke and mirrors?" - Mike

This is question we get regularly on this forum and via the contact page on our website (https://www.tritonfoils.com/contact.html)

To move the conversation forward (and hopefully give the doubters something to chew on) here our response to Mike. :D

-------------------------

Hi Mike,

We hear you...

Its a big step mentally to move from a traditional foil with fuse and stabilizer to a monowing.

That said, we would not have put two plus years of design and manufacturing effort and expense into this monowing if we didn't think the T1 is the future of foiling.

We could not be happier with the performance of the consumer ready version of the T1 monowing.

The T1 truly is a replacement for a traditional foil in terms of its pitch stability, roll stability, ample front foot pressure, high and low speed range, amazing turny/carvey ride and super compact design for travel and storage.

That said there are some people that this wing is NOT for:

1. Don't buy this wing if you are a beginner and say cannot foot swap, loop in your gibes, etc. That said, this wing is easily accessible to an intermediate and up rider. You don't need to be an advanced foiler to enjoy the T1.
2. Don't buy this wing if you are happy mowing the lawn on your existing foil and aren't looking to be challenged re: new skills and muscle memory - this cool, no criticism intended, each to their own re: foiling preferences
3. Don't buy this wing if you aren't willing to put in a few sessions learning how to ride the T1 and unlock its amazing performance envelope. This wing isn't for "point and click" riders.

In sum, its an amazing wing but you have to be at the point in your foiling where you want to change things up and try something new.

If you are happy with your existing stab+fuse setup that is great. Keep riding it. And when you start feeling a bit bored and "locked-in" with your traditional foil, then you are ready for the T1.

You can check out videos of the T1 riding in a variety of conditions here: https://www.tritonfoils.com/videos.html

Thanks Mike for reaching out and for an honest and understandable question.

Rudy @TritonFoils
www.tritonfoils.com

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby elguapo » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Sbrinckman wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:50 am
Could be very interesting for travel purposes, with my 71 Moses mast and pocketboard.
I would really like to see some more non-biased reviews before spending 1000€.

@ TritonFoils: do you have a European distributor? Or some test unit available in Europe?
interesting indeed.
i'd give it a try..

..is it compatible with a the MFC Hydros M92 mast?
https://foilingguide.com/product/mfc-hydros-m92-mast/

do you have foils available to ship *now*?
These users thanked the author elguapo for the post:
TritonFoils (Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:30 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

earlybird
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 190
Local Beach: Venise en Québec
Favorite Beaches: Magdalen Islands
Gear: Sabfoil , Triton1 , Ocean Rodeo Roam Aluula 5, 7 , 9 , 12 , Slingshot UFO7 , Flysurfer Soul 15 , Flysurfer Peak 11
RRD freerace , Airush sector 60 , Groove 100 , Axis 48

Postby earlybird » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:44 pm

Hi , I'm a new owner of a Triton1 , so far I had 3 hours on it , I had this foil for a week only , I'm not a professional , I have been kitefoiling for one season , I can jibe both side and switch feet 25 percent up foiling . I have also been windfoiling for 2 years and I wingfoil a little but lack of wind for it last summer .

So All I can say is that this foil is very easy to use , The day I received it I had been on the water on a Moses 633 for 2 hours and when I saw the delivery truck I ran to pick it up and install it on an old Slingshot windfoiling mast collecting dust in the garage since my Sabfoil carbon masts would not fit on this foil but no problem I had these masts and the adapter . So I got it together and went in a hurry on the water since the wind was going to shift offshore and die soon . I was a bit nervous thinking this was going to be rough but at my great surprise this foil was very manageable and easy to ride , there is absolutly no pressure on the legs it feels like I am on a feather instead of the train track feeling provided by the regular foils , I nailed most of my jibes instantly , upwind it is like other foils but again feels very light almost not there , going downwind it is very nervous and I will have to get used to jibe my kite quicker , I only have to think about jibing and the board is already on the other side , this foil jibes on a tiny dime ...

So I thought this would be interesting for a kitefoiler of my level to know this foil is forgiving and friendly . I liked it so much that I already have dismantled my Moses 679 , 633 and 790 ,

When I saw the ad of this new foil I thought this would be very interesting to put this foil in the car and not to worry about all the multiples differents bolts and shims , wings , fuselages and stabs ect I normally have to make a list and be certain not to forget anything .

When I received this foil the box was so light that I tought this had been stolen and the box was empty .

So altogether I am more than happy that I had this idea to get it and give it a try .

Congratulations to the Triton1 Group/engineers . Plus the direct contact with Chris probably one of the owner who was very helpfull .

Many friends of mine are waiting a windy day to ride my Triton1 and this will be interesting to know what they think about it since one of them is a top foiler .

Best !
Last edited by earlybird on Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author earlybird for the post (total 2):
TritonFoils (Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:34 pm) • anotheroldguy (Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:28 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:57 pm

Waiting for cheap price ...than i ll buy One sure

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2021

Postby TritonFoils » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:29 pm

elguapo wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:51 pm

interesting indeed.
i'd give it a try..

Thanks for the query Elguapo.

The T1 is designed for flat bottom foil masts that use M8 bolts to connect to the fuselage.

I believe the MFC Hydros uses M6 blots which we dont recommend using with this wing.

Hands down we are fans of the inexpensive Slingshot Hoverglide 92cm as the preferred mast for the T1.

Its super durable and creates with its M8 bolts a really tight, bullet proof connection to the wing.

We have also tested the T1 on Nobile, Zeeko and Core masts all with M8 bolt systems.

Basically, any mast that has a flat foot and M8 bolt hole spacing of 45mm to 65mm will work.

You can check out a video we have on compatibility here: https://www.tritonfoils.com/compatibility.html.

Regarding availability we have a limited supply of two dozen T1 wings we can guarantee will deliver to riders 2021.

We hope to have more but if you want to ride the T1 in 2021 we recommend grabbing one now from our current guaranteed production stock.

https://www.tritonfoils.com/store/c2/WINGS.html

Its crazy COVID times in the shipping and manufacturing world!

Thanks for reaching out.

Rudy @TritonFoils
Attachments
imageSlingshot.jpeg

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:51 pm

earlybird wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:44 pm

“...this foil was very manageable and easy to ride”

“there is absolutely no pressure on the legs it feels like I am on a feather instead of the train track feeling provided by the regular foils...”

“...this foil is forgiving and friendly . I liked it so much that I already have dismantled my Moses 679 , 633 and 790.”

“When I received this foil the box was so light that I tought this had been stolen and the box was empty.”

“Congratulations to the Triton1 Group/engineers.”

Wow thank you EarlyBird for this amazing and unprompted review.

You have made our day @TritonFoils.

And hats off again for taking a “wing” on the T1 and becoming one of the very first riders of this very special wing.

Rudy & Chris
https://www.tritonfoils.com/

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Has thanked: 0

Postby elguapo » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:01 pm

TritonFoils wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:29 pm
elguapo wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:51 pm

interesting indeed.
i'd give it a try..

Thanks for the query Elguapo.

The T1 is designed for flat bottom foil masts that use M8 bolts to connect to the fuselage.

I believe the MFC Hydros uses M6 blots which we dont recommend using with this wing.

Hands down we are fans of the inexpensive Slingshot Hoverglide 92cm as the preferred mast for the T1.

Its super durable and creates with its M8 bolts a really tight, bullet proof connection to the wing.

We have also tested the T1 on Nobile, Zeeko and Core masts all with M8 bolt systems.

Basically, any mast that has a flat foot and M8 bolt hole spacing of 45mm to 65mm will work.

You can check out a video we have on compatibility here: https://www.tritonfoils.com/compatibility.html.

Regarding availability we have a limited supply of two dozen T1 wings we can guarantee will deliver to riders 2021.

We hope to have more but if you want to ride the T1 in 2021 we recommend grabbing one now from our current guaranteed production stock.

https://www.tritonfoils.com/store/c2/WINGS.html

Its crazy COVID times in the shipping and manufacturing world!

Thanks for reaching out.

Rudy @TritonFoils
thanks for quick reply..
if you get an cancelled ordered or a stray that you could sell now ..i'd buy it(now). (can't wait until december for shipping.. thats surf season.. hopefully i'll be chillaxing on a north shore somewhere with decent swell.)

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:23 pm

elguapo wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:01 pm

thanks for quick reply..
if you get an cancelled ordered or a stray that you could sell now ..i'd buy it(now). (can't wait until december for shipping.. thats surf season.. hopefully i'll be chillaxing on a north shore somewhere with decent swell.)
Totally get it Elguapo, surf season calls!

If you are game we could likely get you out riding on the T1 monowing in November 2021.

Our latest intel is we will be able to ship our current guaranteed production run of twenty-five T1 wings late October/early November.

Sorry we cant get a wing to you sooner but COVID has alas turned global shipping upside down.

If you are interested in getting a wing this November I recommend getting in your order now.

Our small 2021 production run is going fast and we are bummed more riders wont have the opportunity to ride the T1 this calendar year. :(

p.s. in terms of your upcoming surf season, the T1 is lot of fun in waves according to co-founder Chris in this recent YouTube video:

Thanks again for reaching out.

Rudy @TritonFoils

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:07 pm

Great to see the select few riders who have access to a T1 monowing starting to make their own videos.

Here is one from a lucky T1 owner from Quebec, Canada showing off the T1 monowing's amazing carvey, turny ride.

Keep the videos coming!

Rudy @TritonFoils

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:08 pm

Below is a new rider review of the T1 monowing courtesy of justmike666 at Kiteforum.ca (translated from French).

http://kiteforum.ca/viewtopic.php?p=105770#p105770

The Triton T1 team is needless to say flattered by the 663 sabfoil comparisons we are seeing in recent independent rider reviews.

Great to see this innovative monowing getting into the hands of riders like justmike666.

Keep the feedback coming!

Rudy @TritonFoils

---------------------------------------------------------

Re: Monofoil Triton
Message by justmike666
Mon 11, Oct 2021

I had the chance to try the T1 in fds. A friend very generously lent it to me for a little test! Here is a summary of my "first impressions". First of all I must say that the construction seems flawless. It looks solid while being very light (1250g). The one I tried was installed on an aluminum slingshot mast. From the first waterstart what struck me .. the glide is really great. Looks like there is nothing in the water. The low end and the exit from the water are not badly similar to my core foil and my 633 sabfoil. The initial handling is surprising but the first low speed stretches are quite reassuring. Speed ​​side: the kite does not top and the balance which is there from the exit of the water stays exactly the same at high speed. The limit is the instability which sets in at high speed and which becomes unmanageable.

The feeling is very hard to describe, when riding at normal speed, it's stable, very well balanced but at the same time super loose in pitch and yaw. My jibes all passed right from the start. they must be precise and fast. For the tack it took me longer. When maneuvering with a normal foil we realize that the stab keeps the set up "self balanced" when we are leaning a bit and do the foot switch. Even without the foot switch at the start, the foil was still coming out of the water. The balance of the whole goes through our supports. They must remain precise and solid during the maneuver. At the beginning I was in light wind in xlite2 12m. The set up is running faster than one can imagine. On the other hand, it is difficult to rotate the kite fast enough when jibing. You therefore have to make the turn at the end of the line .. the same width as if you were with a standard foil. Afterwards the wind picked up and I could start to be a little more aggressive. I still give myself a session or two before I get a full picture. (Just to let my brain assimilate what is happening under my feet: p).

We will follow the stall speed, top speed etc. For now in short, easy handling for the Sunday walk. In some aspects of the ride bcp more difficult than a core SLC or onda 633 foil so if you are not very comfortable with jibes etc ... it is better to progress on another mount. Really out of the ordinary and not unpleasant at all: p

Return to “Hydrofoil”