Local Beach: Ontario, Canada
Style: Freestyle Foil & Foil Surf
Gear: T1 Monowing by Triton Foils
Brand Affiliation: Triton Foil - www.tritonfoils.com

Re: Triton Foils releases the first accessible monowing: Triton T1

Postby TritonFoils » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:37 pm

a99 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:18 pm
As i understand it is not compatiblecwith Moses mast? As no picutre shown. Who rides zeeko masts? Why they didn’t made this wing for moses mast which has much wider market? Definitely it will be copied by major brands. I think Moses will release such monowing in 2023 line up as they always delaying with needs of riders. This T1 is full carbon, stil speene seems as alu wing? Desing itself of T1 very reminds me USA stealth aircrafts looks, so conclusion is how is in the air the same desing principles working in the water too:) it is big shame that moses not release first or at least second such mono wing.
Our cofounder Chris is a zeeko man - personally i agree with you I dont get it... :)

We are both however stoked about this wing hence 18 months of R&D leading to a full production, all carbon model.

It has an amazing ride profile. It is fast and slow, carvey and turny, and tacks on a dime.

There is also something we are detecting that is really interesting but hard to explain....

The wing has an incredible silky feel that we think is the product of not having a rear stab being disturbed by the flow over the front wing.

Its hard to describe but you get this singular knife through butter feel that I have not experienced on a traditional foil.

Thanks for your questions and comments.

Rudy @TritonFoils

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 0

Postby TritonFoils » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:49 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:20 am
I'm now curious how Triton's T1 compares against Spleene's Mono Foil.
https://www.spleene-kiteboarding.com/mo ... -foilwing/
Thanks for the question.

We really like the guys at Spleene. They have been pioneers in monowing!

The major difference with the T1 Triton is the mast connects directly into the top of the wing.

This isn't a mono where the fuse is cut off behind the mast.

Our wing has some really neat math going on re: the design that allows for amazing front font pressure in the absence of the fuse and stab.

You can see more on our website: www.tritonfoils.com

Thanks!

Rudy @TritonFoils

drone
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Latvia's coast Beaches
Style: Freeride, foil, snow, ice.
Gear: FS, SS, LF, C, N, B.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby drone » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:07 am

Nice job, looks great :thumb: .
How about weight distribution on the board? On stabilisator cut off monos I have to move my back foot further back from the mast plate. My current pocket board does not offer such option :D

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:41 am

Am I right in thinking the strap placing is correct for the Zeeko board and mast? Or is it strapless only?

Not telling you how to run your business - but have you thought of sending one over to Horst to test out? He rides a home made monofoil by choice so is well placed to review it. I think Flysurfer made ten or twenty times their projected sales off the back of his flysurfer peak review

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Re: Triton Foils Explainer Video for the new T1 Monowing

Postby TritonFoils » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:06 am

You asked for so we created it for you....

A detailed explainer video for the Triton Foils T1 monowing.

Let us know what you think. Do you have a question we haven't answered in the video.

Your feedback is important. Keep it coming!

Rudy @tritonfoils

Sbrinckman
Medium Poster
Local Beach: IJmuiden
Marina muiderzand
Favorite Beaches: Taiba
Cabarete
Mauritius
Sal
Style: wave and foil
Gear: Aluula Roam and Crave
Peak 5
Maverick kite
Arribarriba wave board
DSD Stallion wave board
Sabfoil T22, T38, 633 wing, 899, 1100 wing
F-one 100L, 85L wing board, 1240 phantom foil
Triton T1 monowing
AK durable 65L wingboard

Postby Sbrinckman » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:50 am

Could be very interesting for travel purposes, with my 71 Moses mast and pocketboard.
I would really like to see some more non-biased reviews before spending 1000€.

@ TritonFoils: do you have a European distributor? Or some test unit available in Europe?

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:10 pm

Sbrinckman wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:50 am
Could be very interesting for travel purposes, with my 71 Moses mast and pocketboard.
I would really like to see some more non-biased reviews before spending 1000€.

@ TritonFoils: do you have a European distributor? Or some test unit available in Europe?
We understand your desire to test the wing. Unfortunately we are Canadian based company manufacturing in small batches to ensure a superlative build and as such do not have wings we can send out for demos. If you have any questions that we could help answer, please send us an email to tritonfoilscanada@gmail.com.

Thanks for the query!

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:24 pm

Sbrinckman wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:50 am

You are correct the T1 monowing creates some very interesting ultra light weight, ultra compact travel options.

I have been riding it recently on my Newind carbon pocket board with an 80cm Alpine Rave Air mast and its practically weighs nothing.

This creates a really neat feel and would take my luggage weight re: kite gear down to the single digits re: kg.

Thanks for you interest.

Rudy @TritonFoils
Attachments
imagealpine3.jpeg

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:33 pm

drone wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:07 am
Nice job, looks great :thumb: .
How about weight distribution on the board? On stabilisator cut off monos I have to move my back foot further back from the mast plate. My current pocket board does not offer such option :D
Thanks that is a key question. Great that you are already pioneering monowing riding. We think its the future of foiling.

What our lead aerospace engineer (https://www.tritonfoils.com/goetz.html) has done with this wing is amazing re: front foot placement and pressure.

As you know as an experienced monowing rider this is the key design challenge/drawback of monowings where all you have done is basically cut off the stab at the trailing edge of the mast. On the Triton T1 monowing the mast connects into the top of the wing and then a whole bunch of really interesting hydrodynamics takes over.

The result is a wing that wants you to put your back foot where the mast comes up to the board or even further forward.

You also get decent front foot pressure - again not a much as a traditional foil but depending on the foil you ride and the angle of attack on the rear stab you may not even notice the difference re: front foot pressure. But, if you say a moses rider on a 633 with a large rear stab also that is creating a ton of front foot pressure you will less on the T1. You can get a better sense of the engineering challenges we have addressed with this revolutionary design in our new YouTube explainer video. Here is the link.

Thanks for your interest!

Rudy @TritonFoils

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:44 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:41 am
Am I right in thinking the strap placing is correct for the Zeeko board and mast? Or is it strapless only?

Not telling you how to run your business - but have you thought of sending one over to Horst to test out? He rides a home made monofoil by choice so is well placed to review it. I think Flysurfer made ten or twenty times their projected sales off the back of his flysurfer peak review
LOL - thanks for the feedback. Yes, we need to get a demo to Horst. He is the monowing king. I think I am one of those riders who bought the peak4 3m because of Horst's review. His video on launching foil kites from the water in deep water has scored me more sessions on normally inaccessible lakes here in Canada than I deserve. :)

Regarding straps, this wing is designed to connect to most flat bottom/footed masts. You can see some compatibility photos on our website here:

https://www.tritonfoils.com/compatibility.html

What you want to do with your board re: straps is really your call. I will note that the secret sauce (engineering wise) in the wing means your back food is going to be over where the mast connects to the board or ever so slightly forward. In sum, you aren't riding this like a traditional monowing where someone has simply cut of the stab at the trailing edge of the mast and you need to compensate by moving your foot back of the mast to control what is generally a lot of pitch. We have zeroed out the pitch on T1 monowing. It is very pitch stable. I mention all this as your front font re: your normal strap position is going likely to be in a good place. But I wouldn't count riding it with your front foot in the front strap and simultaneously your back foot way back at the tail of your board in the rear strap. The T1 is not going to like this riding style.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks again for your interest in the wing.

Great idea to reach out to Horst.

Rudy @TritonFoils
These users thanked the author TritonFoils for the post:
nothing2seehere (Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:59 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Hydrofoil”