Gear: Foiling only.
Single Strut: Mono, Alpha, Airush coming
Foil: Nova 10m, Peak 4 - 3m to 6m
Triiton T1, Axis HPS700 & HPS930
CarbonCo Nang, Axis Tray94, Naish microchip
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Triton Foils releases the first accessible monowing: Triton T1

Postby Oldman_Dave » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:46 am

Fantastic video Gunnar and great skills as always. good to see more and more of the higher profile kite foil YouTubers converting to the T1, justifies us more ordinary riders feeling so good about it. Someone made the comment that it's a bit of a sleeper like the peak 4, starts slowly and just grows and grows through word of mouth.

Here is a quick and dirty vid of an ordinary T1 session, I don't know maybe some people will enjoy it. On this day the rain killed the wind, then it just came back enough for an hour before dying out completely again leaving a swim in. I'm 100kgs on a 9m ultra team and he's 80kgs on a 8m gin spirit. Took me 5 loops to start both times.

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 0
Local Beach: Ontario, Canada
Style: Freestyle Foil & Foil Surf
Gear: T1 Monowing by Triton Foils
Brand Affiliation: Triton Foil - www.tritonfoils.com

Postby TritonFoils » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:05 am

Demo week is on for the Triton T1 monofoil in beautiful La Ventanna. Drop me a line on the number below and let’s get you out on the T1. Beers included!

Rudy, Co-Founder, Triton Foils
www.tritonfoils.com

IWantToFly
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 77kg
Local Beach: Jones Beach, Sauvie Island, Floras Lake, the Gorge, OR coast, La Ventana
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana, the Gorge
Style: I wish
Gear: Groove Skate Pro 110cm
Kanaha Shapes 42” (106cm)
Triton T1 Monowing
Lift Classic 170
Litewave Wing 155, Kick-S 139
OR Mako 140
Duotone Whip 5’0”
Naish Pivot 6, 8, 10
Flysufer Soul 6m, 12m
Flysurfer Peak5 5m, Peak4 8m
Cloud 2.8, 3.7, 4.8, 6.2, 8
Pansh 7/11

Postby IWantToFly » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:54 pm

TritonFoils wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:05 am
Demo week is on for the Triton T1 monofoil in beautiful La Ventanna. Drop me a line on the number below and let’s get you out on the T1. Beers included!

www.tritonfoils.com
Post this up in the La Ventana Kiteboarding FB group if you haven’t already. Sorry I missed you last night. It was a fantastic day on the water with my T1!

anotheroldguy
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Georgian Bay
Favorite Beaches: Peniche
Hatteras
Lake Erie
Sauble
Style: strapless
Gear: Foil: Triton
Brand Affiliation: Triton Foils

Postby anotheroldguy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:27 pm

IWantToFly wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:54 pm
TritonFoils wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:05 am

www.tritonfoils.com
Post this up in the La Ventana Kiteboarding FB group if you haven’t already. Sorry I missed you last night. It was a fantastic day on the water with my T1!
Thanks! Posted on their FB group.

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 0
Local Beach: Ontario, Canada
Style: Freestyle Foil & Foil Surf
Gear: T1 Monowing by Triton Foils
Brand Affiliation: Triton Foil - www.tritonfoils.com

Postby TritonFoils » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:57 pm

Thanks everyone for coming out to the T1 Demo Days in La Ventana last week.

Chris, Wyatt, and Robert great to meet you guys and share the stoke of the Triton T1 monofoil.

We now have a demo model in the La Ventana and Los Barillas area for the next couple of months.

DM our account if you'd like to get your hands on a T1 to ride in the Sea of Cortez from now until May.

We will hook you up! :)

And, if you are still on the fence about getting a T1 for your 2023 foiling season, drop us a line a sales@tritonfoils.com and lets get you up and riding a monofoiling this Spring.

Ciao Amigos.

www.tritonfoils.com
CaptureTriton.JPG
These users thanked the author TritonFoils for the post:
IWantToFly (Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:31 am)
Rating: 3.03%

queneseb
Medium Poster
Gear: Peterlynn NOVA
Peterlynn AEROv2
Peterlynn HOOK
Brand Affiliation: Peterlynn
Chubanga
Has thanked: 0

Postby queneseb » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:05 pm

Welcome back to enata !

melaquekite
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Melaque, MX
Barra de Navidad, MX
Favorite Beaches: Ilha du Guajiru, Brazil
Style: Everything, course, jumps, cruising
Gear: Naish

Postby melaquekite » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:20 pm

Oldman_Dave wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:46 am
Fantastic video Gunnar and great skills as always. good to see more and more of the higher profile kite foil YouTubers converting to the T1, justifies us more ordinary riders feeling so good about it.
"Ordinary Folk" here on the coast of Mexico south of Mazatlan (San Blas). 10m light wind day
These users thanked the author melaquekite for the post:
Oldman_Dave (Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:13 am)

taiguy
Medium Poster

Postby taiguy » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:13 pm

A buddy went out on his T1 setup yesterday but ended up body dragging back after 20 minutes.

The moses mast carbon adapter failed. No jumping, just regular riding around. One bolt (the front) had snapped where it narrows down from m8 to m6. Bolts were tight. The wing itself seems to be ok still. The mast has damage to the inserts and interface. :cry:
These users thanked the author taiguy for the post:
airsail (Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:20 pm)

marmot
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Weight: 180
Local Beach: La Ventana
Gear: Naish Microchip, Triton T1, Ocean Rodeo Roam
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby marmot » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:10 pm

I'm Brian's friend with the T1 setup pictured above. First I want to say that the T1 has been an absolute grin-inducing pleasure to ride for the last several weeks. I ordered it with the 85cm Triton mast and have been using it on my Dwarfcraft and more recently Naish Microchip since I got it and I love the wing!

La Ventana is (as many already know) an incredible place to kite, but the waves stand up pretty high here, and for me at least, I like a long mast to cut through 4-5 foot waves on 24mph days and to be able to lean way back and cut up wind hard. I discovered that Triton makes a Moses/SABfoil adapter and got my hands on one, and bought a 106cm mast from a friend down here. I set up the mast + adapter + wing carefully following Triton's instructions and heeding the caution that a improper setup could wind up with the adapter splitting. Honestly the Microchip + 106 mast + T1 wing is arguably the coolest/best setup I can imagine. I got 3 good sessions in before this unfortunate adapter failure happened and the setup was SO MUCH FUN!

I think the mast is salvageable with some minor carbon repair, especially given that part of the mast slots into a fuselage or adapter like this in most use cases and those threads are very securely engineered into the core of the mast. I'm impressed that the T1 monowing doesn't appear to be damaged at all and the adapter acted as mostly sacrificial here. I definitely caution someone putting a long mast on the T1 with this adapter...you may end up in a similar situation as me, especially if you're doing torquey, slicey moves or jumping at all. I really hope Triton enables some robust options for longer masts in the near future as I hear lots of riders swearing by 100cm+ masts in waves and I agree with them.

I do want to close out this comment again saying that this shouldn't negatively reflect on the product or the company...their wing is revolutionary and super fun and I'll be back on it this afternoon with their stock 85cm mast and just pump through the waves a bit more. Companies innovate and improve and I'm sure they'll do that here. I'm not a materials/mechanical engineer but I think a different material like aluminum might serve better as an adapter at a point of such high torque (hence why Moses has aluminum fuselages?). I'm very excited to keep up with their development and products to come.

Here's one fun picture of me on the 106cm setup laid back loving life :)
Attachments
331431784_935916500918547_6911861556660208956_n.jpg

IWantToFly
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 77kg
Local Beach: Jones Beach, Sauvie Island, Floras Lake, the Gorge, OR coast, La Ventana
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana, the Gorge
Style: I wish
Gear: Groove Skate Pro 110cm
Kanaha Shapes 42” (106cm)
Triton T1 Monowing
Lift Classic 170
Litewave Wing 155, Kick-S 139
OR Mako 140
Duotone Whip 5’0”
Naish Pivot 6, 8, 10
Flysufer Soul 6m, 12m
Flysurfer Peak5 5m, Peak4 8m
Cloud 2.8, 3.7, 4.8, 6.2, 8
Pansh 7/11

Postby IWantToFly » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:56 pm

Yikes. I’m definitely not a fan of the M6 hardware but I would also love a longer mast. I have so far only ridden mine with the 85cm Triton mast, but I’m hoping/praying/begging that Project Cedrus Kyle gets the PC adapters in time for my trip next week. They are getting anodized now and it’s going to be close if he gets them back in time to ship it to me. Still, with the current PC masts that only gets me to 90cm plus the height of the adapter (likely ~2cm). The other reason I really need the PC adapter is because I want to ride the T1 on my Kanaha Shapes board but the Triton base plate does not fit (an issue they have already acknowledged in this thread).

I was in LV playing around a couple weeks ago. I will look for you guys on my next trip.
These users thanked the author IWantToFly for the post:
melaquekite (Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:48 pm)

Return to “Hydrofoil”