Foil: Nova 10m, Peak 4 - 3m to 6m
Triiton T1, Axis HPS700 & HPS930
CarbonCo Nang, Axis Tray94, Naish microchip
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Triton Foils releases the first accessible monowing: Triton T1

Postby Oldman_Dave » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:42 pm

a99 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:26 pm
I can’t understand how Triton only just now taking care of designing and delivering adapters for SabMoses ... SabMoses gear is very popular in this foil field. ...demand for it is huge:)
Moses is not particularly popular in Australia, no more than any other brand. Axis, Armstrong, Naish, Slingshot, etc are more commonly seen on the water.

Could someone hurry up and test with Axis please?? :lol:

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 0
Local Beach: Ontario, Canada
Style: Freestyle Foil & Foil Surf
Gear: T1 Monowing by Triton Foils
Brand Affiliation: Triton Foil - www.tritonfoils.com

Postby TritonFoils » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:26 am

Dave at Dr Surf in NSW has T1 monowings landing next week. I am sure he’d be happy to arrange a demo. And yes somebody pls try with an Axis mast and report back!

https://www.drsurf.net/

Rudy @tritonfoils

Oldman_Dave
Frequent Poster
Gear: Foiling only.
Single Strut: Mono, Alpha, Airush coming
Foil: Nova 10m, Peak 4 - 3m to 6m
Triiton T1, Axis HPS700 & HPS930
CarbonCo Nang, Axis Tray94, Naish microchip

Postby Oldman_Dave » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:23 am

TritonFoils wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:26 am
Dave at Dr Surf in NSW has T1 monowings landing next week. I am sure he’d be happy to arrange a demo. And yes somebody pls try with an Axis mast and report back!

https://www.drsurf.net/

Rudy @tritonfoils
Yes I'm the one who suggested to him that he should become your Australian distributor. I'll be buying the first off him, and testing with Axis mast. :thumb:
These users thanked the author Oldman_Dave for the post:
TritonFoils (Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:47 am)
Rating: 3.03%

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:21 am

a99 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:26 pm
I can’t understand how Triton only just now taking care of designing and delivering adapters for SabMoses as was clearly obvious what a lot of Sabmoses riders would like to have suchh wing for riding as SabMoses gear is very popular in this foil field. Of course other level of bad marketing is SabMoses itself impossibility to release such wing in right time as demand for it is huge:)
Your wish is our command! :)

@sabfoil enthusiasts have been deluging us with requests since the launch of the T1 monowing last September. Its taken us a couple of months but boy has our engineering and fabrication team delivered.

A full carbon, bomb proof adapter to connect your favorite SabFoil mast with the T1 monowing.

Available early Feb for shipping world-wide.

Sign up now for our newsletter to get an email alert when the first batch of adapters goes on sale.

https://www.tritonfoils.com/contact.html

@sabfoil carbon mast + @tritonfoil T1 + the board of your choice is going to be an awesome combo.

Thanks SabFoil riders for your patience as we figured this out.

Rudy @TritonFoils
Attachments
received_1198770910650793 (002).jpeg

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that

Postby slowboat » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:03 am

Just skimmed thru all 13 pages of this thread. Most of the videos and reports are of kite foiling. In my opinion, it is difficult to truly understand a foil when there is a kite holding it up and adding lift. If as the company claims, this foil turns well, glides well (low drag) and has a low stall speed, they have achieved the holy grail of foils. When one is able to free ride a foil such as with wing, prone or SUP foil surfing, glide is what everyone seeks and foils are achieving this with high aspect ratios and thin profiles. Unfortunately, the trade off is slow turning and high stall speeds. Any experience or videos wing, SUP or prone foiling?

mmac
Medium Poster
Local Beach: IOP
Style: surf
Gear: Duotone
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby mmac » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:08 pm

slowboat wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:03 am
Just skimmed thru all 13 pages of this thread. Most of the videos and reports are of kite foiling. In my opinion, it is difficult to truly understand a foil when there is a kite holding it up and adding lift. If as the company claims, this foil turns well, glides well (low drag) and has a low stall speed, they have achieved the holy grail of foils. When one is able to free ride a foil such as with wing, prone or SUP foil surfing, glide is what everyone seeks and foils are achieving this with high aspect ratios and thin profiles. Unfortunately, the trade off is slow turning and high stall speeds. Any experience or videos wing, SUP or prone foiling?
There is a picture on pg7 of this thread (and on Triton's FB page) of someone winging with the T1 monowing in high wind conditions on Maui. However, I believe Triton is marketing this wing as a Kitefoil wing. I would think that the monowing would likely need to be bigger for lighter wind winging or SUP/prone foil use. Hopefully, this is just the beginning of more to come.

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:12 am

Wow 🔥 and ice :shake:!

This has to be the best photo yet of the T1 monowing.

Keep the photos and videos coming T1 riders!

It stokes our team to see the innovative wing out there challenging the elements and giving riders a new groove.

Rudy @TritonFoils

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:03 am

Can you imagine how big this thing would need to be for wing dingers?

drsurf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NSW South Coast
Gear: Too much too describe
Brand Affiliation: Whatever I sell

Postby drsurf » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:39 pm

After reading this thread and quite a a few adverts I was aware of the Triton monowing but was not sure about taking it seriously. I was aware of Horst Sergio riding a monofoil but he is freakishly good and anyway his monofoil was an ordinary hydrofoil with the fuselage cut off behind the mast. Looked like pitch control would be challenging but he claimed it was low drag and fun.
There were a few videos coming out with people from around the world using the Triton monowing saying it was good and kiteboarding.com in Texas was jumping and riding rodeo on it claiming it was fun & easy. Then one of my customers called me and asked me to get some into Australia and he'd buy one off me. So I started importing the Triton T1 monowing of which the first shipment arrived last week... just in time for the wind to die :(

So I waited for the wind to return and sent one off to my customer who also had the wind turn ridiculously strong and gusty when he received his monowing. I screwed the Triton to an 80cm Axis mast with the supplied 8mm screws. Finally today I took it out today in wind which I hoped would be suitable. I should have paid attention to the fact that no-one else was out kiting It wasn't our usual lovely nor-east seabreeze unfortunately, but a sou-easter which looked good on the graphs. When I got to the beach I checked the wind and it was gusting up to 18 knots on the shore and more out on the water I thought, so I rigged a 3m Peak4 figuring the wind should stay that way. And there was a sizeable shorebreak to negotiate through the cross onshore wind.

Rigged up and managed to drag myself through the shorebreak without too much trouble and then tried foiling on the Triton. After a few attempts, as I found the balance point on the board, I got up and foiling and it went smoothly with not as much pitch instability as I had anticipated. It felt very low drag and the manoeuvrability was great with very fast and easy turning almost on the spot. It would also foil up at low speeds and keep foiling as I slowed down almost to walking pace.

However the wind I had thought strong enough had weakened and become quite gusty so I headed for shore to change up a kite size. I jumped off the board before I hit the bottom and found myself in gutter of neck deep water and as I grabbed my foil the biggest shorebreak of the day hammered me and my gear taking down the kite as well. I decided to pack up and scope out another location for tomorrow which promised the same wind but less gusty and no shorebreak.

So for my first go on the Triton monowing I was impressed. It wasn't hard to use, 5 minutes to get used to your balance point and foot position and you're pretty well foiling as you would on a conventional surf foil, which it can be compared to. It does turn on a dime and although it is a bit more pitch sensitive it's not a problem. I can see it will be a lot of fun going forward and would be interested to see how it goes on a wingding. I need some more time to get used to things like how or if it pumps. Looking forward to more time on the water to do more testing

If anyone would like any more info feel free to contact me. I've sold out my first shipment and have another shipment coming. I also have my Triton setup here for demo in Jervis Bay, NSW, Australia if you feel like having a go!
triton_t1.jpg

balticswell
Medium Poster

Postby balticswell » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:24 pm

Anybody tried the T1 for winging?

Return to “Hydrofoil”