Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 0
Local Beach: Ontario, Canada
Style: Freestyle Foil & Foil Surf
Gear: T1 Monowing by Triton Foils
Brand Affiliation: Triton Foil - www.tritonfoils.com

Re: Triton Foils releases the first accessible monowing: Triton T1

Postby TritonFoils » Fri May 20, 2022 4:03 pm

Even better video of the TOW-in surf capabilities of the T1 monowing courtesy of the guys at http://www.kiteboardingparadisehawaii.com/

Rudy, Co-Founder, Triton Foils
These users thanked the author TritonFoils for the post:
Axis1050 (Sun May 22, 2022 10:05 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Fri May 20, 2022 4:17 pm

That tow in looked really fun.
Are they bringing a 1500-1600 maybe mid AR version for prone or less than hawaiian waves?
Or doea that not work?
These users thanked the author BWD for the post:
TritonFoils (Sat May 21, 2022 2:16 pm)

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Windigo1 » Sat May 21, 2022 12:46 am

I demoed a a Triton monowing today from a friend who's a local ambassador. The wind was shitty going from too strong to very ligth. Probably 8 to 25 knots. I was on a 9m Boxer. I was able to ride no problems with my Gong M Pro and and Special Agent 105 board. I got up right away on the first try and I was able to ride no problems. The fist 5 minute I was like was is this thing it's so unstable the roll stability is not bad but the pitch is so sensitive you have to adjust all the time. After 30m minutes It grew on me it's not bad it's very playful it's more demanding than a regular foil but more reactive more active you have keep it in check. The wing is so light it floats on it's side like the Moses 633 so the foil doesn't go downwind you have to body drag to get it back. Will I be getting one not sure it's expensive for what it is but It's an interesting product if you want something more freestyle oriented more loose this might be it!
These users thanked the author Windigo1 for the post:
TritonFoils (Sat May 21, 2022 2:16 pm)

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Sat May 21, 2022 2:12 pm

Some of you have been asking how the Triton T1 monowing performs in lighter winds on smaller kites.

We get it... Who doesn't want to ride on a smaller kite and enjoy the performance of faster loops, gybes, etc.

Thanks to our friends at Silent Sports in Toronto we recently had the opportunity to test the T1 monowing out in just these kinds of conditions, more by misadventure than anything else.

As per the wind graph when we got to beach at 2-2:30 pm everything looked great for the drone shoot.

We rigged up a 6m Soul to pair with the 1700cm2 Triton T1 and then the wind gods intervened.
CaptureWindMeter.JPG
Despite the slower wind speeds we thought what the heck, lets see how low the 6M will go in terms of kts on the T1.

We rode from 3pm to 4pm and then it just became too light. 10kts seems the low end limit of the T1 on 6M Soul.

Here though are the video drone results of the T1 on 6M Soul in low teens KTS.

It was a blast! :)

If you are in the Toronto area or passing through this summer the guys at Silent have T1 they are demoing. Look them up here: https://www.silentsports.com/

Rob, Simon, Bruce, thanks for props, and the great video!

Rudy, Co-Founder, Triton Foils.
bigtone667 (Wed May 25, 2022 9:34 pm)

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sun May 22, 2022 11:06 am

Willy1234 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:01 pm
cglazier wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:15 am
I am having no trouble with it and I never moved my mast position. I use footstraps and everything seems well balanced on my board when I use the mono wing. I do have to be more careful with my foot switches because it is less pitch stable than a normal rig.. but not really a problem.
The one thing I do notice is that it is not ideal in really light wind like 10 knots or less. No foil wing can do everything.
😉
CG

Sorry but that is not right. If you change the mast position , you have a way more stable foil. I ride it from 5 knots to open end. Today I started pumping in 5 knots with my 13m juice dlab. I ended my session at 20kts. That was the point where the power of the 13m has been to much for relaxed foiling.

I agree with Chris.
Known him on the forum here for many years, he is a very experienced and knowledgeable kitefoiler, and he dont preach his own preferences only :D
Willy, you have to come with arguments for why it should be more stable if moved?

If Chris has found it is balanced on his board, it is balanced - you can not change that and it will not be more stable, but unbalanced if you move it away from where his trim is spot on.

And if he finds other wings has advantages in really light wind (higher aspect ones), this is also correct, physics also support this.

A balance - you can not get it all in one wing :roll:

But you can get the best compromise of your personal choices, in one wing :thumb:

8) Peter

Willy1234
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Bavaria
Style: Foil Freestyle
Gear: Duotone, Naish, Ozone
Has thanked: 0

Postby Willy1234 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:56 pm

Hey Peter,
because you are not balanced in a way that is perfect. Your front foot works against the pressure of the wing. So it depends where your foot and foil are located in terms of pressure.

If your body axis is neutral to the center of the Lift forces, you are perfect balanced. It's like you are on a balance board or looking at a beam balance. For sure, your body is capable of working against the forces if you are not perfectly balanced, but then you usually have the feeling of instability.

If you haven't tried it before, switch positions of the mast. If you are riding strapless you can also switch your foot positions and you should feel the difference.

Here is the principle of the forces, but I think you know that:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAw

***And if he finds other wings has advantages in really light wind (higher aspect ones), this is also correct, physics also support this **** I am just wondering what kind of wing this should be, A Wing Wing like the 1100 will be better at the lower 6kts (wind) speed for sure. But I thought about wings like the 633 with 483 Stabi. A amazing light wind combo With that kind of Foils, the T1 makes a comparable lift. But on the other side you can go much faster and have a way more agile foil. I used to ride the 679 with 330 or 483 stab. Depending on the wind speed. Now I just have one setup for lower and higher winds.

I don't ride Race Foils, because at our local winds, it isn't that much fun in my point of view.

Have fun on the water :-)

Trent hink
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Weight: 83 kg.
Local Beach: Nokomis beach, Turtle beach, Venice inlet, lido key
Style: Creepy old man
Gear: Peak4, LF, solo, Moses 633 hydrofoil, couple of surfboards, a twintip I made in 2008.
Brand Affiliation: once made an attempt to manufacture and market "Anomaly" twin-tip boards.

Postby Trent hink » Sun May 22, 2022 10:09 pm

My strut is a bit wonky, but I ride strapless and shimmed it per the instructions, and I really think it worked better if I moved the strut forward.

I really do need to spend more time with it.

I took it off and have not tried lately, but I am looking forward to try it in decent wind with a tame sea-state.

... I think in those conditions it would be pretty easy to master...

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Mon May 23, 2022 6:17 pm

Trent,

One thing to keep in mind about the T1 monowing is the centre of lift of the wing is different than a traditional foil due to the lack of the fuselage and rear stabilizer.

Basically, you want to move your back foot forward on the T1 so it aligns approximately with the leading edge of the mast.

Keeping your foot stance shoulder width or less apart also helps in terms of overall stability.

If you "straddle" the T1 with one foot way at the back and other far forward (e.g. a racing stance) it is like riding a teeter totter and very pitchy.

Have a look at the video of guy below tow-in surfing the T1 in Oahu this week...

His back foot is right over the mast. I would personally move it even a bit more forward for maximum pitch control.

Hope this helps Trent!

Trent hink (Tue May 24, 2022 10:45 pm)

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Fri May 27, 2022 1:54 am

At Triton Foils we want to share the stoke about monofoiling and why we think it is the future of foiling, full stop.

To give riders a sense of what they can expect from a monowing like the Triton T1 we have been conducting interviews with foilers who have been using the monowing regularly and are willing to share their perspective.

Below is the latest installment in our video interview series featuring T1 rider Willy Dauner from Bavaria, Germany.

Willy has been pioneering some interesting new techniques on the T1 monofoil including riding the wing on the surface of the water like a second board.

Its pretty neat to see the crazy stuff people are getting up to with this innovative and versatile foil!

Lets keep the stoke going!

Enjoy.

Rudy, Co-Founder
www.tritonfoils.com

TritonFoils
Frequent Poster

Postby TritonFoils » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:57 pm

Tired of oversized baggage fees and waiting extra time for the airline to unload your precious foil, kites, board and gear off the plane?

We have got you covered with the new super compact checkable T1 Monofoil travel bag.

In one piece of regulation size check on baggage you can fit your complete T1 foil including monowing, mast (85 or 75 cm or both) baseplate and hardware.

Add wetsuit, up to two kites (10m or smaller), harness, pump (or not if you ride foil kites) and our custom 87cm Triton T1 all carbon foil board and you are ready to monofoil 8kts to 25kts+ at any destination.

For more info check out our short video on the new Triton T1 monofoil travel bag.

The Triton T1 monofoil system is the ultimate travel solution for dedicated hydrofoilers!

Return to “Hydrofoil”