Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best Straps for Kitefoiling Board

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best Straps for Kitefoiling Board

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri May 06, 2022 1:28 pm

I rarely use straps, but agree, really tight so your foot can not "stay put", or the opposite really loose, seems to work.

A good tight fit like we use on wavekitesurf and windsurf boards is a bit more risky, but feels much better of course.

I am oldschool and dislike the flat and soft straps, or those without padding - so the classic DaKine is my choice:

8) Peter
These users thanked the author Peter_Frank for the post:
1234567Simon (Fri May 06, 2022 3:06 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35
Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby leeuwen » Fri May 06, 2022 2:16 pm

Flyboy wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 7:38 am
This may be less satisfactory for jumping where you need to keep more control over the board in flight, but it works great for general riding & on waves.
I do wonder why you would ride with straps if you are not planning to jump or race though…
It just costs a few sessions to get used to strapless or start with a foot hook which can be used as an “in between” learning step.
The extra freedom strapless provides is awesome and it is a lot safer in regard to ankle/foot injuries.
I ride with straps if I want to do some jumping in a session but I highly prefer strapless so I usually ride without straps.

1234567Simon
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Local Beach: Netherland‘s beaches,
Favorite Beaches: Ijmuiden on NW
Gear: Wave Board, Wave Kites, foiling. But Plan to get Back to Twin Tip boosting

Postby 1234567Simon » Fri May 06, 2022 3:07 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:28 pm
I rarely use straps, but agree, really tight so your foot can not "stay put", or the opposite really loose, seems to work.

A good tight fit like we use on wavekitesurf and windsurf boards is a bit more risky, but feels much better of course.

I am oldschool and dislike the flat and soft straps, or those without padding - so the classic DaKine is my choice:

8) Peter

Dakine is by far the best!

Trent hink
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Weight: 83 kg.
Local Beach: Nokomis beach, Turtle beach, Venice inlet, lido key
Style: Creepy old man
Gear: Peak4, LF, solo, Moses 633 hydrofoil, couple of surfboards, a twintip I made in 2008.
Brand Affiliation: once made an attempt to manufacture and market "Anomaly" twin-tip boards.

Postby Trent hink » Fri May 06, 2022 9:23 pm

When I was windsurfing, the Dakine Core Contour straps were the best, even though it was a pain to adjust the strap size.

I even used the same set on a bunch of different boards when I got into kite surfing.

NSI makes some decent footstraps too.

I like my straps loose enough to easily slide my foot in and out of, but tight enough to lock me in when I twist my foot into my preferred stance.

The idea is that if I relax, I'll just fall out.

Return to “Hydrofoil”