Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Do all carbon mast do this?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Do all carbon mast do this?

Postby Foil » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:10 am

A stiff long mast really helps a lot if you have often experienced ventilation when pushing hard tight turns at speed, or the one that often goes unnoticed or misunderstood, the feeling of reaching your maximum speed due to small but significant wobbles/vibrations and similar mast behaviour feedback which stop you pushing faster, as experience of what happens if you try to push through has always ended in a crash.
your own weight can impact on how soon this feeling starts to come in, also masts like the sab 91 which are so soft you may even believe the mast is faulty if using a large wing, i know i had a really bad time on the 91 mast, the sab101 is much better but not perfect,
that feeling of perfection, that feeling of confidence to push to new previously unfound limits only came to me the day I went out on my new 93k and 103k Sab kraken masts, after the second day i did not look back at the old moses softer masts.
you just have to use one for a short fast session to completely understand the step change this mast offers if you know and have experienced the softer mast issues, guaranteed unbreakable helps me push even harder and worry not about my bad fast hard landings from up high, this is also where the lack of mast deflection can instantly be felt, water entry at the wrong speed and angle is now a laugh not a worry any more.
I have ordered the new carbon mast plate for my Kraken masts as the original alloy one is heavy, a carbon fuse next i hope for, so i can more easily lift the board above my body during high boosts.

drone
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Latvia's coast Beaches
Style: Freeride, foil, snow, ice.
Gear: FS, SS, LF, C, N, B.

Postby drone » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:42 pm

Hi. Boltet my SS fuselage to LF aluminium mast.

No wobble. Like in first post vid.

Rides totaly different. Realy like the wing (PTM 926) now. I sugest to all.
Slingshot carbon must sucks on wide wings
Attachments
IMG_20230604_214101.jpg

tegirinenashi
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Bates 4000, Dominator MX-10

Postby tegirinenashi » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:33 pm

tkaraszewski wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:24 pm
I did the same test on my Levitaz R5:
This was a very gentle nudge. The properly executed test would have you standing on the side, have one leg pressing the board against the ground, grab the tail of the planner with one hand, a tip of the front wing with another, twist and release.

P.S. Both my 100 cm and 110 cm carbon masts oscillate noticeably. LF alum 95 cm mast is not.

Return to “Hydrofoil”