Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best (strongest) Hydrofoil for Boosting

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Best (strongest) Hydrofoil for Boosting

Postby OzBungy » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:33 am

I have a couple of J Shapes foils with 350 hours on one and 800 hours on the other. I jump them all the time. Zero problems or damage.

They only do deep tuttle mounts and the company is very small.

https://www.jshapes.com/collections/foils

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby deniska » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:48 am

pm "aleks" and ask his opinion on RDB masts, fuse, wings.. they are compatible with moses but cheaper..
I broke their wings but never heard of anyone breaking the masts.. (the wing got replaced via warranty :-) )
Aleksey may be able to hook you up if interested ;-)

Turbaani
Frequent Poster
Gear: -

Postby Turbaani » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:18 am

darippah wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:53 am
Has anyone tried the new kraken 103cm ? How does it compare to the 111cm old style Moses mast for Boosting and Speed? Strictly regarding performance, I'm assuming it will last at least twice as long as the 111cm
Interested in this difference too. Looking for longer mast at some point and wondering if I should go for 111 2nd hand or expensive new kraken :D
These users thanked the author Turbaani for the post:
darippah (Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:32 am)
Rating: 3.03%

darippah
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 165
Local Beach: New Jersey, USA
Style: Hydrofoil big air
Gear: Sonic 3 13m , Soul 7 and 10m

Postby darippah » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:32 am

Turbaani wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:18 am
darippah wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:53 am
Has anyone tried the new kraken 103cm ? How does it compare to the 111cm old style Moses mast for Boosting and Speed? Strictly regarding performance, I'm assuming it will last at least twice as long as the 111cm
Interested in this difference too. Looking for longer mast at some point and wondering if I should go for 111 2nd hand or expensive new kraken :D
For boosting - get the Kraken, it’s much less prone to crackin

justmike666
Rare Poster
Gear: North
Has thanked: 0

Postby justmike666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:40 am

I have done thousands of hydrofoil jumps in the last 5 years. at the beginning I damaged a taaroa sword 2 rs. the fuselage split in the middle. the last 3 years on a sabfoil 671/399 setup and the 101 mast. i also had the 111 and found it a bit too flexible. I jump regularly at 16-17m and my best jump is just over 20m. I jump with foil kites and inflatables.. the landings are not too hard. if i miss i drop the board before landing. no salt water here. I almost never disassemble my setup. some had problems with the screws that must be re-tightened on the fuselage after the first ride (when dissassembled every time) it can surely cause problems if fuselage is not well tightened on mast. I now ride the kraken 103. super stiff and fast. no more screws to re-tighten on the fuselage. I trust it a lot more than other race foils like levitaz, chubanga etc. Mast are probably super solid but airplane assembly seems not strong enough for repetitive juming. note I'm pretty lightweight (70kg). I bet on technique and speed rather than riding with too much power.. kraken look bomb proof
These users thanked the author justmike666 for the post:
Turbaani (Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:23 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

darippah
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 165
Local Beach: New Jersey, USA
Style: Hydrofoil big air
Gear: Sonic 3 13m , Soul 7 and 10m

Postby darippah » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:10 pm

justmike666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:40 am
I have done thousands of hydrofoil jumps in the last 5 years. at the beginning I damaged a taaroa sword 2 rs. the fuselage split in the middle. the last 3 years on a sabfoil 671/399 setup and the 101 mast. i also had the 111 and found it a bit too flexible. I jump regularly at 16-17m and my best jump is just over 20m. I jump with foil kites and inflatables.. the landings are not too hard. if i miss i drop the board before landing. no salt water here. I almost never disassemble my setup. some had problems with the screws that must be re-tightened on the fuselage after the first ride (when dissassembled every time) it can surely cause problems if fuselage is not well tightened on mast. I now ride the kraken 103. super stiff and fast. no more screws to re-tighten on the fuselage. I trust it a lot more than other race foils like levitaz, chubanga etc. Mast are probably super solid but airplane assembly seems not strong enough for repetitive juming. note I'm pretty lightweight (70kg). I bet on technique and speed rather than riding with too much power.. kraken look bomb proof
That's some nice height!

How would you compare the 103 Kraken to both the older 111 & 101 Moses?

In terms of ride quality and max speed

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.

Postby a99 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:17 pm

justmike666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:40 am
Would be nice to see your jumping videos:) 16-20 meters Isn’t daily scenes on foil:)

Swissfoiler
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Euthal
Favorite Beaches: Colico
Style: Race and jumping
Gear: Flysurfer sonic and moses foils
Been thanked: 0

Postby Swissfoiler » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:30 am

need help choosing...
any news about kite jumping with the saboil kraken 103 mast=? is it strong enoth (i mean you can wing and windfoil with it) or do you really ned to go to the 93 mast?

do i need to worry about braking the 103 while kitefoil jumping or only when guys jump with a wing and the 103 mast??

ramin77
Rare Poster
Weight: 175 lbs
Local Beach: 16th Street Pompano Beach
Style: Hydrofoil, twintip
Gear: Ozone Edge V10 7m
Ocen Rodeo Rise Aluula 10m
Gin Instinct HB 10m
Oxone Chrono v4 13m

Postby ramin77 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:04 pm

I have been boosting on the 101 Moses/Sabfoil mast with race wings for 5 years. Regularly jump over 10m in light wind and 15-20m in high winds. Although I have broken quite a few boards, I have never broken any Moses/Sabfoil masts, fuselage or wings. I think it comes down to the landing technique. I am not very good at landing on foil. I almost always have a board touchdown before coming back up to foil which explains why I have broken some boards. I don't think any equipment exists that can withstand the longterm abuse but I think the Sabfoil line is extremely durable.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highl ... 590886365/

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:44 pm

Regular booster at 15-16m (1000's of boosts) on standard Moses 101 and 679 637 wings. Never an issue. I did break my original 101 mast 3 years ago but I know it was due to prior hard impact of debris on the leading edge.

Return to “Hydrofoil”