Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Enjoying a cigar on the hydrofoil

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Henrik78
Rare Poster
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:32 pm
Local Beach: Sweden
Style: oldschool, freeriding
Gear: Flysurfer, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Enjoying a cigar on the hydrofoil

Postby Henrik78 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:05 am

Eating a snack and drinking some champagne!



(Also check old video when I am making an gin and tonic. Instagram "henrikstahlberg_hoffhonk")
These users thanked the author Henrik78 for the post (total 6):
leeuwen (Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:01 am) • br44 (Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:19 pm) • Trent hink (Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:22 pm) • cglazier (Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:34 pm) • Axis1050 (Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:26 pm) • bigtone667 (Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:35 am)
Rating: 40%

br44
Medium Poster
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:07 am
Gear: LEIs, foils
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Enjoying a cigar on the hydrofoil

Postby br44 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:20 pm

You were so busy that you barely had any time to ride!!

User avatar
FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 1:58 am
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cabrinha Apollos, FS Speed 4, FS Soul, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, LF Galaxy 4'2"
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 158 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: Enjoying a cigar on the hydrofoil

Postby FLandOBX » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:05 pm

It's a neat trick and clearly showcases your hydrofoil talents, but I can't think of a worse way to ruin a nice clear clean-air day on the water than drinking alcohol and smoking a foul-smelling cigar. To each his own!

Trent hink
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 691
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:59 am
Kiting since: 1998
Weight: 83 kg.
Local Beach: Nokomis beach, Turtle beach, Venice inlet, lido key
Style: Creepy old man
Gear: Peak4, LF, solo, Moses 633 hydrofoil, couple of surfboards, a twintip I made in 2008.
Brand Affiliation: once made an attempt to manufacture and market "Anomaly" twin-tip boards.
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Enjoying a cigar on the hydrofoil

Postby Trent hink » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:22 pm

Liquor... Cigars... What's next?

.....Maybe a few lines and a hooker? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oldman_Dave
Medium Poster
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 am
Gear: Foiling only.
Single Strut: Mono, Alpha, Airush coming
Foil: Nova 10m, Peak 4 - 3m to 6m
Triiton T1, Axis HPS700 & HPS930
CarbonCo Nang, Axis Tray94, Naish microchip
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Enjoying a cigar on the hydrofoil

Postby Oldman_Dave » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:15 pm

FLandOBX wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:05 pm
It's a neat trick and clearly showcases your hydrofoil talents, but I can't think of a worse way to ruin a nice clear clean-air day on the water than drinking alcohol and smoking a foul-smelling cigar. To each his own!
Agreed. It's a bit of a stupid instagram fad, and I wonder how much rubbish it ends up contributing, what happens when they fumble that beer bottle?

Trent hink
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 691
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:59 am
Kiting since: 1998
Weight: 83 kg.
Local Beach: Nokomis beach, Turtle beach, Venice inlet, lido key
Style: Creepy old man
Gear: Peak4, LF, solo, Moses 633 hydrofoil, couple of surfboards, a twintip I made in 2008.
Brand Affiliation: once made an attempt to manufacture and market "Anomaly" twin-tip boards.
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Enjoying a cigar on the hydrofoil

Postby Trent hink » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:31 am

Look, I’ve been kitesurfing for well over twenty years, and even though I never excelled at anything, and I only just got into hydrofoiling a few years ago… I’ve been working on this sort of trick for a very long time.

Actually, quite a bit longer than I would care to admit…

Having looked at all possibilities from all possible ways, and trying to keep the maneuver within a pg-13 rating, there is only one possible outcome as far as the ultimate trick.

I call it, “The Fying One-Eyed Pirate,” and I believe it is the ultimate light wind hydrofoiling trick, despite the fact that I have never actually mastered it myself…

Nevertheless, and just because I like You, I am happy to describe every single step in detail at this point, in numerical order, no less!

1) as you are sitting on the board, produce a shot-glass, a slice of lime, a salt-shaker, a fifth of tequila, and a large-denomination bill.

2) unscrew the cap of the salt-shaker and pour out a line of salt, just as you are rolling the large-denomination bill into a straw-like shape.

4) carefully fill the shot-glass, to the brim, with tequila.

3) take the slice of lime, and squeeze it into one eye.

4) immediately after step (3) use the large-denomination bill as a straw vigorously to inhale the line of salt (as described in step (2) into one nostril.

5) consume the tequila.

6) stand up on your board, make a bee-line for the shore, ditch all your gear, and run as fast as you can towards the nearest circus.

And that’s it.

I know it is sort of a technical trick, and maybe there are a lot of riders out there who don’t go in for that sort of thing, but after many, many trials, I almost have it mastered, except for step (6).

Somehow that step (6) always hangs me up!

The cool thing about this sport, is that in the end it is a personal thing, and you probably wont get much out of it unless you are doing it for yourself! 😜
Last edited by Trent hink on Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 946
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:40 pm
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Enjoying a cigar on the hydrofoil

Postby deniska » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:35 am

I really do not undersand negative responses...
vast majority of adults consume alcohol and/or smoke on boats (google Elon Mask :-) ) or on solid ground, but you are picking on the guy with a hydrofoil?
Is he poluting more that some billioneer with a mega yacht? I dont think so.. All I see is maybe a lost wooden cork... well, it will biodgrade, unlike tons of plastic that is beeing dumped by "normal" beach goers...
Nothing wrong with having a cold one while chilling on a foil, from time to time, imho.. 8)
71395937_2776749012337558_7727623111650050048_n (1).jpg
These users thanked the author deniska for the post (total 2):
Trent hink (Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:48 am) • Henrik78 (Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:59 pm)
Rating: 13.33%

User avatar
FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 1:58 am
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cabrinha Apollos, FS Speed 4, FS Soul, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, LF Galaxy 4'2"
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 158 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: Enjoying a cigar on the hydrofoil

Postby FLandOBX » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:34 pm

Whatever floats your boat (as they say). :cool2:

Henrik78
Rare Poster
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:32 pm
Local Beach: Sweden
Style: oldschool, freeriding
Gear: Flysurfer, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Enjoying a cigar on the hydrofoil

Postby Henrik78 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:57 pm

Oldman_Dave wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:15 pm
FLandOBX wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:05 pm
It's a neat trick and clearly showcases your hydrofoil talents, but I can't think of a worse way to ruin a nice clear clean-air day on the water than drinking alcohol and smoking a foul-smelling cigar. To each his own!
Agreed. It's a bit of a stupid instagram fad, and I wonder how much rubbish it ends up contributing, what happens when they fumble that beer bottle?
Beer!?!?? It was prosecco! :D :bye:
(No rubbish was left in the ocean)
Last edited by Henrik78 on Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henrik78
Rare Poster
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:32 pm
Local Beach: Sweden
Style: oldschool, freeriding
Gear: Flysurfer, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Enjoying a cigar on the hydrofoil

Postby Henrik78 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:59 pm

Trent hink wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:31 am
Look, I’ve been kitesurfing for well over twenty years, and even though I never excelled at anything, and I only just got into hydrofoiling a few years ago… I’ve been working on this sort of trick for a very long time.

Actually, quite a bit longer than I would care to admit…

Having looked at all possibilities from all possible ways, and trying to keep the maneuver within a pg-13 rating, there is only one possible outcome as far as the ultimate trick.

I call it, “The Fying One-Eyed Pirate,” and I believe it is the ultimate light wind hydrofoiling trick, despite the fact that I have never actually mastered it myself…

Nevertheless, and just because I like You, I am happy to describe every single step in detail at this point, in numerical order, no less!

1) as you are sitting on the board, produce a shot-glass, a slice of lime, a salt-shaker, a fifth of tequila, and a large-denomination bill.

2) unscrew the cap of the salt-shaker and pour out a line of salt, just as you are rolling the large-denomination bill into a straw-like shape.

4) carefully fill the shot-glass, to the brim, with tequila.

3) take the slice of lime, and squeeze it into one eye.

4) immediately after step (3) use the large-denomination bill as a straw vigorously to inhale the line of salt (as described in step (2) into one nostril.

5) consume the tequila.

6) stand up on your board, make a bee-line for the shore, ditch all your gear, and run as fast as you can towards the nearest circus.

And that’s it.

I know it is sort of a technical trick, and maybe there are a lot of riders out there who don’t go in for that sort of thing, but after many, many trials, I almost have it mastered, except for step (6).

Somehow that step (6) always hangs me up!

The cool thing about this sport, is that in the end it is a personal thing, and you probably wont get much out of it unless you are doing it for yourself! 😜
Haha that sounds like the trick to rule them all! :D :bye:
These users thanked the author Henrik78 for the post:
Trent hink (Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:38 pm)
Rating: 6.67%


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests