Lift Camber Pro wings

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
lifeinthehood
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 72 kg
Local Beach: Hood River
Style: Freeride
Gear: BRM Cloud 2.8/3.7/4.8/6.2. Ocean Rodeo A-Roam 8m. Cloud CCS. Kanaha Shapes 42"/MFC 1000/200/92cm. Slingshot Hopecraft/PFH657/325/102cm.
Brand Affiliation: None

Lift Camber Pro wings

Postby lifeinthehood » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:29 pm

So Lift recently released a 3 front wings to their lineup - the Camber Pro. The sizes are 160, 210, and 270. It's on their website and it's even available for purchase directly from Lift. But there's pretty much ZERO information on them other than the usual marketing write-up:
"The Camber Pro is the latest series addition to our wing lineup. Quick and light on the water, these wings are designed to fly in a slightly higher speed bracket. They fly smooth through the turns without too much lift, so you can still feel in control. Fast and smooth for lighter riders and people that want a sporty feel. Nimble in the turns and very engaged."

Looks like they're marketing it towards e-foilers. But to my eye the shape and AR looks a LOT like the v2 Surf wings. Based on the name, it sounds like they've done some fine tuning to the camber (thinner wing? more camber? less camber?). I sent them an e-mail that they acknowledged they received and would get back to me. It's been 3 days and I still haven't heard anything. The video link on the product page links to a YouTube video about the HA lineup, not the Camber Pro. Very strange way to release a product.

https://liftfoils.com/wings

beebad
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.

Re: Lift Camber Pro wings

Postby beebad » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:13 am

Trying to get the word on the 210 since the market will soon be flooded at the end of the season!

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:11 pm

Just to try to avoid confusion...

Are these (brandwise) primarily for eFoil, or kitefoil, or wingfoil?
And what is your need, and what do you have now?

The naming is pretty obscure, as it is the area in square inch, but a few use this I know :rollgrin:

Followed your link, and both area and span (in metric) and AR is listed, and roughly what they are for, so I find it okay informative, what more do you need? :D

Again, are they aimed at eFoil or what, as if I did not read these forums, I would never know Lift as a kite or wingfoil brand.

8) Peter

lifeinthehood
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 72 kg
Local Beach: Hood River
Gear: BRM Cloud 2.8/3.7/4.8/6.2. Ocean Rodeo A-Roam 8m. Cloud CCS. Kanaha Shapes 42"/MFC 1000/200/92cm. Slingshot Hopecraft/PFH657/325/102cm.

Postby lifeinthehood » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:16 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:11 pm
Just to try to avoid confusion...

Are these (brandwise) primarily for eFoil, or kitefoil, or wingfoil?
And what is your need, and what do you have now?

The naming is pretty obscure, as it is the area in square inch, but a few use this I know :rollgrin:

Followed your link, and both area and span (in metric) and AR is listed, and roughly what they are for, so I find it okay informative, what more do you need? :D

Again, are they aimed at eFoil or what, as if I did not read these forums, I would never know Lift as a kite or wingfoil brand.

8) Peter
Posted this 7 months ago. Was still a beginner kite foiler at the time so I was curious about the suitability of these for kite foiling. Of course they have fixed up their website since then, but at the time, their links were all incorrect. I asked at that time because not too many foil companies specifically state a foil is suitable for kitefoiling. It's probably too small a market for them, but we kite foilers know full well that most of the MA surf foils and even some of the small surface area HA "winging" foils work quite well for kitefoiling regardless of how the manufacturer classifies it. Just have to do your own homework on the wing specifications to get a general idea of whether it may work for kiting.

I've had more than 100 days on the water since then so my needs for a foil now are far smaller than the 160 which is the smallest size of the Camber Pro. Plus, I've kind of settled on several foils that I'm quite happy with. For now. :lol:

Return to “Hydrofoil”