Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

The Infexion bar rox (i.e. it’s awesome!)

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
bitxopalo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 65
Style: Lazy style
Gear: Gong Matata 5.0
flysurfer peak 3&5
Gong Allvator curve M
Concept'air Pulsion 12&18
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The Infexion bar rox (i.e. it’s awesome!)

Postby bitxopalo » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:35 pm

As far as I can see, each side is independent, so one side must be adjusted first, and then the other one?... Not very confortable with shifting winds :?:

IWantToFly
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 77kg
Local Beach: Jones Beach, Sauvie Island, Floras Lake, the Gorge, OR coast, La Ventana
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana, the Gorge
Style: I wish
Gear: Groove Skate Pro 110cm
Kanaha Shapes 42” (106cm)
Triton T1 Monowing
Lift Classic 170
Litewave Wing 155, Kick-S 139
OR Mako 140
Duotone Whip 5’0”
Naish Pivot 6, 8, 10
Flysufer Soul 6m, 12m
Flysurfer Peak5 5m, Peak4 8m
Cloud 2.8, 3.7, 4.8, 6.2, 8
Pansh 7/11

Postby IWantToFly » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:09 pm

trendab wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:33 pm
The backline trim system Azoele refers to above (Zen clarity…) is not the one with the knots, though. Its the other option on the webpage, works through a set of lines balancing the loads and can be adjusted on the fly without knots. Looking at it one would not believe that it works, but it does. I thought it might change length on its own when riding or storing the bar, but it does not and also works really well in my experience.

IMG_0266.png
Sorry for causing any confusion. I’ve only made my own back line trim system like Evan’s knot system in the picture I posted.

At least on the freeride bar the two options are “fixed dyneema” or “back line trim.” You are saying the “fixed dyneema” option has the trim system in your picture?

Onda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Baltic Sea / North Sea (Germany)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Norre Vorupor (DK)
Heiligenhafen (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, mainly foiling
Gear: Slingshot / Infexion / Alpine / F-One / CORE / Firewire / Duotone

Re: Infexion Bar Rox

Postby Onda » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:57 pm

evan wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:51 am
We do now have the option of a 5mm Pu tube or dyneema covered depower cord with a simple stopper out of two 3x15mm rings ans a flagout line without cover:

Hi Evan,
can I order the new dyneema covered depower cord separately and exchange it with my current PU-tube? I´d prefer the more flexible version without the PU-tube.

trendab
Rare Poster
Weight: 86
Local Beach: Urnersee Switzerland
Style: Freeride, Foil
Gear: Gong, Fone, Anton, Slingshot, Naish

Postby trendab » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:36 pm

IWantToFly wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:09 pm
trendab wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:33 pm
The backline trim system Azoele refers to above (Zen clarity…) is not the one with the knots, though. Its the other option on the webpage, works through a set of lines balancing the loads and can be adjusted on the fly without knots. Looking at it one would not believe that it works, but it does. I thought it might change length on its own when riding or storing the bar, but it does not and also works really well in my experience.

IMG_0266.png
Sorry for causing any confusion. I’ve only made my own back line trim system like Evan’s knot system in the picture I posted.

At least on the freeride bar the two options are “fixed dyneema” or “back line trim.” You are saying the “fixed dyneema” option has the trim system in your picture?
My understanding is that "backline trim" is the system in the picture. Maybe Evan can clarify.

trendab
Rare Poster
Weight: 86
Local Beach: Urnersee Switzerland
Style: Freeride, Foil
Gear: Gong, Fone, Anton, Slingshot, Naish

Postby trendab » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:38 pm

bitxopalo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:35 pm
As far as I can see, each side is independent, so one side must be adjusted first, and then the other one?... Not very confortable with shifting winds :?:
You are correct, they are independent, so you need to do one after the other. Only useful if you don't use the adjuster much, but want to have the opportunity to adjust the base setup. The system with the knots would be similar in that you also need to adjust twice. Advantage here is no fiddling with the knots.
These users thanked the author trendab for the post:
bitxopalo (Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:51 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

azoele
Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush DNA 14

Postby azoele » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:27 pm

Absolutely true, they are independent.

Are they slower to set than a cleat? Yes.
If you need to constantly trim your bar, then it will be a subpar solution. Absolutely no sense in that.
Do you have very little depower throw (short arms?) so need a quick way to dump power? Again, bad idea.

If you trim rarely, and have depower throw, the system is amazing.
Zero extra weight and inertia from the cleat.
Zero dangling trims always getting stuck amidst the other cables. Zero needing two hands to release the trim from the cleat when wind is not too powerful.
Need to trim as wind really picked up? No problemo. Hold the bar, trim one side, change hand and trim the other, it all happens in a matter of seconds.
My bar has a lot of depower (also thanks to Evan’s seatbelt which has earned me at least 5cm of extra depower) so trim for me is just that: setting the bar position at which I want the kite to power.
It is not a “life saving” matter, as with 65cm of depower throw even in case of sudden gusts I just need to fully depower to stay safe.

For free riding, light winds and wave riding the system is superb, IHMO.

At first I thought “Do I need to get the kite in the water and wrestle with the back line trim?????”.
Then realized it is doable while riding.
Just muscle memory: compensate with the hand on the bar according to the trim direction, switch hand on the bar and repeat.
Let me repeat it: it can be set while riding (i.e. finessing for instance, or just correcting a slight tilt), and easily.
Fantastic.
trendab wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:38 pm
bitxopalo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:35 pm
You are correct, they are independent, so you need to do one after the other. Only useful if you don't use the adjuster much, but want to have the opportunity to adjust the base setup. The system with the knots would be similar in that you also need to adjust twice. Advantage here is no fiddling with the knots.
These users thanked the author azoele for the post:
IWantToFly (Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:32 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Hydrofoil”