Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

The Infexion bar rox (i.e. it’s awesome!)

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
IWantToFly
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 77kg
Local Beach: Jones Beach, Sauvie Island, Floras Lake, the Gorge, OR coast, La Ventana
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana, the Gorge
Style: I wish
Gear: Groove Skate Pro 110cm
Kanaha Shapes 42” (106cm)
Triton T1 Monowing
Lift Classic 170
Litewave Wing 155, Kick-S 139
OR Mako 140
Duotone Whip 5’0”
Naish Pivot 6, 8, 10
Flysufer Soul 6m, 12m
Flysurfer Peak5 5m, Peak4 8m
Cloud 2.8, 3.7, 4.8, 6.2, 8
Pansh 7/11

The Infexion bar rox (i.e. it’s awesome!)

Postby IWantToFly » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:20 pm

Recently got the latest Infexion Max Bar and the quality is just outstanding. I also have a KISS carbon bar and an older Groove carbon bar, along with assorted “normal” bars. Even’s bar just feels so good. I was worried about whether I would mind the offset power line as he does not drill a hole through his bar, but it works very well and it is quite comfortable. The bar doesn’t do any weird twisting or turning that affects how it performs. The bar ends are perfect (much better than the KISS bar) and I really appreciate the integrated bungee, which most simple bars forgo. I make my own adjustable leader lines and no-trim power line (cost is about $10 from West Marine in the US). Add in a 17m SK99 line set from Infexion and the total cost of my bar and lines was about US$275 with shipping from the Netherlands. While I am 100% sure the SS Joystick we’ve been discussing elsewhere is a fantastic bar, I really love the feel and performance of the Infexion set up. And if you really want floats like the Joystick you can buy floats from the many companies online and easily integrate them in your leader lines.

It does require the purchase/use of the Infexion or a similar seat-belt style quick release so that cost is about $70. But that’s a one-time cost and I can use multiple custom bars with that setup versus having the QR on every bar individually.

With the ever increasing cost of bars, this is easily the best value out there. And if you want to buy a complete bar you will get it for a little over $400. Still a great value.
Attachments
IMG_0173.jpeg
IMG_0155.jpeg
IMG_0156.jpeg
IMG_0149.jpeg
Last edited by IWantToFly on Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author IWantToFly for the post (total 4):
consumer (Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:18 am) • watercamper (Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:43 pm) • trendab (Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:00 pm) • Pemba (Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:13 am)
Rating: 12.12%

consumer
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Infexion Bar Rox

Postby consumer » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:19 am

cool bar! thanks for the tip

1. why does it look like the lines are so thick (is it just that you have a lot of leader line in the pic?)

2. do people still use 'Rox'?

3. your avocados are looking ripe! stick em in the fridge.

IWantToFly
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Jones Beach, Sauvie Island, Floras Lake, the Gorge, OR coast, La Ventana
Triton T1 Monowing
Lift Classic 170
OR Mako 140
Duotone Whip 5’0”
Naish Pivot 6, 8, 10
Flysufer Soul 6m, 12m
Pansh 7/11

Postby IWantToFly » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:40 am

consumer wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:19 am
cool bar! thanks for the tip

1. why does it look like the lines are so thick (is it just that you have a lot of leader line in the pic?)

2. do people still use 'Rox'?

3. your avocados are looking ripe! stick em in the fridge.
1) 7/64 is the thinnest dyneema I can buy at West Marine. I use that for my leaders and 3/16 for the power line.

2) If Evan can spell it with an X, I can spell it with an X.

3) They’re already in my tummy!
These users thanked the author IWantToFly for the post:
consumer (Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:48 am)
Rating: 3.03%

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:21 pm

Thanks for the review and a nice clean bar setup that way!

You can try to stiffen the leader lines with PU to combat tangling, floaters are not necessary unless you use a very heavy chickenloop. The bar itself will float without floaters and because there is no grip the leader lines will easily slide over the carbon so in most cases you end with a 10cm difference in the backlines when it happens and not a deathlooping kite.

If the carbon surface has become too slippery over time you can roughen it up with 200-400grit sandpaper.
These users thanked the author evan for the post (total 2):
watercamper (Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:43 pm) • IWantToFly (Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:12 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

IWantToFly
Frequent Poster
Triton T1 Monowing
Lift Classic 170
OR Mako 140
Duotone Whip 5’0”
Naish Pivot 6, 8, 10
Flysufer Soul 6m, 12m
Pansh 7/11

Postby IWantToFly » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:15 pm

evan wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:21 pm
Thanks for the review and a nice clean bar setup that way!

You can try to stiffen the leader lines with PU to combat tangling, floaters are not necessary unless you use a very heavy chickenloop. The bar itself will float without floaters and because there is no grip the leader lines will easily slide over the carbon so in most cases you end with a 10cm difference in the backlines when it happens and not a deathlooping kite.

If the carbon surface has become too slippery over time you can roughen it up with 200-400grit sandpaper.
Thanks Evan.

I’ve never done my own PU covering. Anyone have a US link to the right material? I assume it is not like electrical heat shrink stuff?

evan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby evan » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:01 pm

Search for pneumatic hoses.

IWantToFly
Frequent Poster
Triton T1 Monowing
Lift Classic 170
OR Mako 140
Duotone Whip 5’0”
Naish Pivot 6, 8, 10
Flysufer Soul 6m, 12m
Pansh 7/11

Postby IWantToFly » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:24 am

evan wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:01 pm
Search for pneumatic hoses.
Assuming I can get some with the right size diameter, do you secure it in any way or is it just loosely covering the line. I’ve only had one bar a few years ago with PU covered line and I wasn’t a huge fan. But I’d like to try some thinner stuff.

trendab
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 86
Local Beach: Urnersee Switzerland
Style: Freeride, Foil
Gear: Gong, Fone, Anton, Slingshot, Naish
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby trendab » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:08 pm

IWantToFly wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:20 pm
Recently got the latest Infexion Max Bar and the quality is just outstanding. I also have a KISS carbon bar and an older Groove carbon bar, along with assorted “normal” bars. Even’s bar just feels so good. I was worried about whether I would mind the offset power line as he does not drill a hole through his bar, but it works very well and it is quite comfortable. The bar doesn’t do any weird twisting or turning that affects how it performs. The bar ends are perfect (much better than the KISS bar) and I really appreciate the integrated bungee, which most simple bars forgo. I make my own adjustable leader lines and no-trim power line (cost is about $10 from West Marine in the US). Add in a 17m SK99 line set from Infexion and the total cost of my bar and lines was about US$275 with shipping from the Netherlands. While I am 100% sure the SS Joystick we’ve been discussing elsewhere is a fantastic bar, I really love the feel and performance of the Infexion set up. And if you really want floats like the Joystick you can buy floats from the many companies online and easily integrate them in your leader lines.

It does require the purchase/use of the Infexion or a similar seat-belt style quick release so that cost is about $70. But that’s a one-time cost and I can use multiple custom bars with that setup versus having the QR on every bar individually.

With the ever increasing cost of bars, this is easily the best value out there. And if you want to buy a complete bar you will get it for a little over $400. Still a great value.
Fully agree with Iwantofly on the Infexion Max bar. Has quickly become my favorite setup. Was skeptical about the offset power line, as well, but it works like a charm and allows for an even lighter bar. I also use a bar from Kiss, one from Kitelab and one from SKshapes. To me, the splicing work and quality here is outstanding - even the ring holding the safety line is spliced. Thanks Evan for this product.

evan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby evan » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:10 pm

IWantToFly wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:24 am
Assuming I can get some with the right size diameter, do you secure it in any way or is it just loosely covering the line. I’ve only had one bar a few years ago with PU covered line and I wasn’t a huge fan. But I’d like to try some thinner stuff.
Ideally you want to match the rope with inner diameter and force it over a splice so it won't move up or down. For a depower cord you want to slide it over a splice both at the top and bottom so the inside stays free of dirt. This way the rope will outlast the PU tube.

You can push it over the splice on one end, then compress and fix the PU tube so you can splice the other side and push the tube over that one also for a few cm.
These users thanked the author evan for the post:
IWantToFly (Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:44 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Onda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Baltic Sea / North Sea (Germany)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Norre Vorupor (DK)
Heiligenhafen (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, mainly foiling
Gear: Slingshot / Infexion / Alpine / F-One / CORE / Firewire / Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Onda » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:16 pm

I would like to add another user feedback here:
I am more than totally happy with my Infexion Max Bar V3! Just great in every detail! Much more sophisticated in every detail than any "large brand" product I have used over the last 14 years of kite boarding.
My kites feel much more nimble and direct with the Infexion bar, and the low weight is just amazing.

Return to “Hydrofoil”