Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

e-Foil Drive Gen 2 ? An honest review & test

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
a99
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1040
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:10 am
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 546 times
Been thanked: 124 times

e-Foil Drive Gen 2 ? An honest review & test

Postby a99 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:28 pm

e Foil Drive Gen 2 ? An honest review & test

These users thanked the author a99 for the post:
airsail (Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:15 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Oldman_Dave
Frequent Poster
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 am
Gear: Foiling only.
Single Strut: Mono, Alpha, Airush coming
Foil: Nova 10m, Peak 4 - 3m to 6m
Triiton T1, Axis HPS700 & HPS930
CarbonCo Nang, Axis Tray94, Naish microchip
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: e-Foil Drive Gen 2 ? An honest review & test

Postby Oldman_Dave » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:15 pm

Decent vid but not relevant for kite foil, posted in the wrong place.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:48 am
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

Re: e-Foil Drive Gen 2 ? An honest review & test

Postby windmaker » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:15 am

Oldman_Dave wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:15 pm
Decent vid but not relevant for kite foil, posted in the wrong place.
E-foil drive is hydrofoiling too. You are assuming that hydrofoiling can only be done with a kite...
These users thanked the author windmaker for the post:
airsail (Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:56 am)
Rating: 3.03%

airsail
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 680
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:57 am
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Queens Beach North, Queensland, Australia
Favorite Beaches: Queens North, I don’t travel much
Style: Foiling
Gear: Sonic 3 15mtr, Soul 10 mtr, BRM Clouds 8, 6.2, 4.8, 3.7
Lift, Naish and Levitaz foils
Carbonco and home build boards
Ozone and Duotone wings
Naish Hover 95 foilboard
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 337 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: e-Foil Drive Gen 2 ? An honest review & test

Postby airsail » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:59 am

Maybe we need an efoil forum to as not to upset the kitefoilers.

User avatar
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 12667
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 977 times
Been thanked: 1157 times

Re: e-Foil Drive Gen 2 ? An honest review & test

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:42 am

windmaker wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:15 am
Oldman_Dave wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:15 pm
Decent vid but not relevant for kite foil, posted in the wrong place.
E-foil drive is hydrofoiling too. You are assuming that hydrofoiling can only be done with a kite...
Agree, Efoiling belongs in this Hydrofoil section.

Too small to have its own group, and it does not disturb those not doing it, so I think it is fine.

Wingfoil is bigger than kitefoil now, so makes sense it has its own forum, also because you can go really wrong if mixed in the same forum, whether it is kite or wingfoil as really different in so many ways.
Easier with dedicated forums.
Eventhough the "Kiteforum" users will still have a higher number of kitefoilers percentage compared to the real world of course, as most are also, or has been, kitesurfers/foilers on kiteforum.

8) Peter
These users thanked the author Peter_Frank for the post:
airsail (Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:17 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:48 am
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

Re: e-Foil Drive Gen 2 ? An honest review & test

Postby windmaker » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:23 am

Peter_Frank wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:42 am
windmaker wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:15 am
Oldman_Dave wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:15 pm
Decent vid but not relevant for kite foil, posted in the wrong place.
E-foil drive is hydrofoiling too. You are assuming that hydrofoiling can only be done with a kite...
Agree, Efoiling belongs in this Hydrofoil section.

Too small to have its own group, and it does not disturb those not doing it, so I think it is fine.

Wingfoil is bigger than kitefoil now, so makes sense it has its own forum, also because you can go really wrong if mixed in the same forum, whether it is kite or wingfoil as really different in so many ways.
Easier with dedicated forums.
Eventhough the "Kiteforum" users will still have a higher number of kitefoilers percentage compared to the real world of course, as most are also, or has been, kitesurfers/foilers on kiteforum.

8) Peter
True, this is primarily a kitesurfing forum so does not reflect what happens in the "real" world. Besides there are other forums thoroughly dedicated to e-foiling or wing foiling.

Oldman_Dave
Frequent Poster
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 am
Gear: Foiling only.
Single Strut: Mono, Alpha, Airush coming
Foil: Nova 10m, Peak 4 - 3m to 6m
Triiton T1, Axis HPS700 & HPS930
CarbonCo Nang, Axis Tray94, Naish microchip
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: e-Foil Drive Gen 2 ? An honest review & test

Postby Oldman_Dave » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:34 pm

I'm sick to F*king death of wing foil getting shoved down my neck by every kite company, pro rider, social media etc on the assumption that hey kite is cancelled and you all love wing now. The hydrofoil section of KITEforum is the last pure refuge of kite foilers.
These users thanked the author Oldman_Dave for the post:
fleetrico (Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:02 am)
Rating: 3.03%

User avatar
bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1519
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp
Location: 43.5320° S, 172.6306° E
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 328 times
Contact:

Re: e-Foil Drive Gen 2 ? An honest review & test

Postby bragnouff » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:22 am

Oldman_Dave wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:34 pm
I'm sick to F*king death of wing foil getting shoved down my neck by every kite company, pro rider, social media etc on the assumption that hey kite is cancelled and you all love wing now. The hydrofoil section of KITEforum is the last pure refuge of kite foilers.
So maybe we could ask (or lobby) Toby to rename it "kitefoil/kitefoiling" to lift any of those ambiguities, before you turn into a GrumpyOldman_Dave .
At the end of the day, there will always be some topics that don't really fit 100% in a category (unless you make a Misc. category...), but can still capture the interest of some riders of that category.
At least in this particular case, the title is descriptive enough that you can easily skim over it and ignore it.

consumer
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1065
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Has thanked: 181 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: e-Foil Drive Gen 2 ? An honest review & test

Postby consumer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:37 am

Oldman_Dave wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:34 pm
I'm sick to F*king death of wing foil getting shoved down my neck by every kite company, pro rider, social media etc on the assumption that hey kite is cancelled and you all love wing now. The hydrofoil section of KITEforum is the last pure refuge of kite foilers.
LMFAO HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

airsail
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 680
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:57 am
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Queens Beach North, Queensland, Australia
Favorite Beaches: Queens North, I don’t travel much
Style: Foiling
Gear: Sonic 3 15mtr, Soul 10 mtr, BRM Clouds 8, 6.2, 4.8, 3.7
Lift, Naish and Levitaz foils
Carbonco and home build boards
Ozone and Duotone wings
Naish Hover 95 foilboard
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 337 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: e-Foil Drive Gen 2 ? An honest review & test

Postby airsail » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:47 am

Oldman_Dave wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:34 pm
I'm sick to F*king death of wing foil getting shoved down my neck by every kite company, pro rider, social media etc on the assumption that hey kite is cancelled and you all love wing now. The hydrofoil section of KITEforum is the last pure refuge of kite foilers.
Probably best to get used to it, that’s where the manufacturers are making their money so expect more of it.


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests