Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Pansh Line Sets

Postby foilholio » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:55 am

Includes things like line sets, which makes for some very cheap lines. Not long now and I will be able to post a review of the A15 :-)

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pansh 50% off sale

Postby corbett » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:08 am

Hello,

has anyone had a look at the Pansh white and blue or yellow and white linesets?

Any good? I can zoom in on the photo but not enough.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:04 am

I have 2 of the White and yellow sets. The line is about as thin as flysurfer race lines. It isn't hollow splice which would probably be why it's so thin. That and Chinese are notorious liars and it's probably over rated by 10 or 20%. Only problem I had was the stitching on one end wasn't done well. I decide to overstitch all the line ends. I hate sleeved ends period. Otherwise I haven't had any break jumping etc on them. I don't think you will find another option for cheap thin lines or lines this cheap...

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:35 am

"Not long now and I will be able to post a review of the A15 :-)"

That's interesting. Especially stability, how good it really is.

I checked A15 specs, design and details at the Pansh site. Bridle has improved, but second level is still a bit strange, it would have been better cascade primary lines 2 and 2, not 1 and 3. Cad drawing shows quite a lot. There is noticeable amount internal support (though kinda small/cheap straps vs full cell D-ribs), and miniribs (which look short and are not at all "unique"). Cell width/lenght ratio looks ok, 33 cells is enough for that AR.

Details look good, except that stitching in bridle lines. Some details as good or even better than other kites available, like split air intakes and magnetic blow-off valves and FS-style short connector lines for primary bridle (which Ozones lack). Technically A15 is obviously above for example Frenzy, which is a kind of prototype of basic foilkite. A15 is higher performance kite, more like Speeds.

However, technical finesses do not make A15 better kite than Frenzy or equal to Speeds. But it looks really good try and -50% price is cheap.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Pansh Line Sets

Postby foilholio » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Toby edited the post.... apparently it was advertising of something, bit sad.

The blow off valve do work to prevent damage but can remain open.... That is what they do on my genesis. They are quite heavy as well. I took them off my genesis then proceeded to blow some cells in a crash, sigh.

There is a nice review on tubelesskiteforum. Apparently posting about sales is ok there too. Makes me want to learn french. http://www.tubelesskite.net/t7617-pansh ... ight=pansh

The bridle stitching in that picture is a bit worrying. On my other pansh's it's fine, so hopfully just some weird anomaly.

I have flown all the speeds so I will give some comparison. It looks more like a HQ Matrix to me.

What do you think of the H8? http://panshkite.com/index.php?gOo=good ... oductname=

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:04 pm

H8 is no doubt effective kite, quite high AR and cell count, but fixed AoA. Bridle is not a good design, as far as I can see from the pictures. Again unneccessary long primary lines and lacking cascading upper levels. Kite has not very much canopy curve, so turning may be less good than desired. I usually prefer powered arcing turns to powerless pivotal turns, then you can create power by flying the kite.

"The bridle stitching in that picture is a bit worrying."

Yes, it seems like stiching is not ended. Correct way to end and lock the stitch is done by sewing backward and forward (with smaller stitch lenght). Stupid to show something like that on Pansh pages.

I agree A15 is closer to Matrix than Speeds, cell count and AR. I haven't tried Matrix.

Magnetic blow-off valve sound quite cool, perhaps better than it is. But original thinking and tells that Pansh has some R/D skills. Pansh strategy to offer 13 different foilkites is a mystery to me, wouldn't it be more reasonable to try to make fewer and better kites?

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:43 pm

kitexpert wrote: Pansh strategy to offer 13 different foilkites is a mystery to me, wouldn't it be more reasonable to try to make fewer and better kites?
Pansh has been around since 2006, and they have been bringing out a new product about every year. The thing they don't do is discontinue old products. I think that's why they have so many products. They really need to discontinue some of their bad kites and just sell their good ones, go figure.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:22 am

I think they are generally on demand production. So because the designs are complete doesn't really cost anything to still offer them for sale. Pansh still has a ways to go to being mainstream. Lack of support and documentation, poor communication and occasional bad quality. But they are really the only other direct from manufacturer option next to Switch. If a brand like flysurfer would offer direct sales and more options like kite only with the appropriate pricing I would be buying them in a heartbeat even at double or triple the price of Pansh. Sad to see flysurfer going the path of other brands with more adverts and pro riders. Most pro riders and shops are dicks, why would anyone want to support them.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby corbett » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:21 am

foilholio wrote: Most pro riders and shops are dicks, why would anyone want to support them.
Flexifoil recently went direct only as well, selling via Amazon, ebay and themselves.

Regarding kite shops being dicks. I bet you a million pounds that I could bullshit a brand or distributor into selling to me direct.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:14 am

I will have to consider flexifoil for future purchases. Hadlow must have nearly sent them to the wall.

Any hints how to do this bullshiting :-)

Return to “Foil Kites”