Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The Pansh A15, an A18 review

Postby foilholio » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:26 am

So I tested out on land the mod aka Jackos mixers but technically more like a diablo line on my 18m A15 with as already modded to have no C. The ratio I previously had was 3Z to 1B this remains the same with the new mod but ratios to the bar are an extra 50% over my mod but for a standard a15 an extra 100% of B and 50% of Z.

The first thing I noticed was that the bar throw from stall to B slack or full depower was very short, about 40-50cm. The bar pressure increases a bit over just my no C mod. It is heavy but I would say more like light tube kite or heavy foil kite bar. Switching from normal A15 to this will be very noticeable, but the normal A15 is extremely light. The increase in bar pressure is nowhere near as heavy like on the Genesis with the mod. The turning and response is better but not tube kite. Back stall is greatly reduced and power seems improved but maybe just the tune has change a bit over my mod with Z pulled more, it looked like that. Kite behaves similar to as without the mod, I have already altered my kite to work with this ratio mixer and no C, so it is expected. Backstall landing is harder with more pull but the kite sits on the ground just fine. Relaunch works fine but I think the light wind relaunch is a little affected. Maybe with the C bridle relaunch would be better but it seems quite usable as is, and one line relaunch is improved. Not that I can remember if it could do it before.

Overall this seems a very good mod. It was very easy to do. No cutting of lines was needed and you just have to rearrange the parts. If you own an A15 I would definitely try it. I think most people will be much happier with it. It seems to work fine with my no C mod. The path to this mixer mod is easy and then that makes the path to my C mod easier as well. Some of the harder parts of my no C mod was the new mixer, which this replaces entirely. If you wanted to try both at once, you just need the tip altering parts of my mod and to of course remove C.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Tested it on water, excellent. The response and turning is much improved. Bar pressure didn't seem too high at all but after 30 minutes I was noticing it. I have very light pressure on my other kites. This mod seems to improve my no C mod. The shape or creases on the wing seems improved now. With the new mod the kite is much harder to stall, which makes it easier to fly and extract the most out of it. I am using a 65cm bar but even down to 50cm would be fine now. The shorter bar throw really helps with kite control.
These users thanked the author foilholio for the post:
ljackov (Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:36 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

S2000kitesurfer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Poole sandbanks
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius le morne
Fuerteventura
Sardinia
Style: Moved to foiling
Gear: Flysurfer soul.

Postby S2000kitesurfer » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:07 pm

foilholio wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:52 pm
Tested it on water, excellent. The response and turning is much improved. Bar pressure didn't seem too high at all but after 30 minutes I was noticing it. I have very light pressure on my other kites. This mod seems to improve my no C mod. The shape or creases on the wing seems improved now. With the new mod the kite is much harder to stall, which makes it easier to fly and extract the most out of it. I am using a 65cm bar but even down to 50cm would be fine now. The shorter bar throw really helps with kite control.
Fantastic review I'm just about to purchase a 9m used 10x £150 supposedly with bar and lines 😍😍🥰
These users thanked the author S2000kitesurfer for the post:
ljackov (Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:34 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

15toeside
Rare Poster
Gear: SupaEZ's old kites, ask "pullstrings"
Has thanked: 0

Postby 15toeside » Sun May 10, 2020 2:28 pm

So update on the A15 mods. On the No C mod I have removed the AB tip line. The effect was to improve the tip stability and opening, but to also massively improve turning response and speed, and in addition it improves depower, upwind, lowend and lift. I have also removed to tip Z bridle, as I feel it is better without it.

With the Jackomixer I have now done it an alternate way which removes the B main line and the folded Z main line. It also folds the A main in half and moves the Z pulley line down to just above the B pulley and gives you a knot on the end of the Z pulley line to adjust Z length.

The function is much the same as the other way of the jackomixer mod. Except this has more range, increases depower range, has adjustment, is less parts and stronger.

The main disadvantage is it moves the trim ~20cm to more powered. So you need to find some way to either extend your rear lines ~20cm or shorten your front lines 20cm or a combination between both. I managed to do both at the bar, which actually worked out well. If you replace the rear main with the B main folded in half that will get you 10cm on the rears. I am sure people will be able to work a solution at the bar or something else simple.

Of note though reducing drag at the kite is far more important than at the rider :-)

I highly recommend these mods now. Particularly if you have tried the Jackomixer, the alternate Jackomixer and No C offer quite a bit more.

hongchew
Medium Poster
Gear: airush

Postby hongchew » Sun May 10, 2020 4:33 pm

15toeside wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:28 pm
So update on the A15 mods. On the No C mod I have removed the AB tip line. The effect was to improve the tip stability and opening, but to also massively improve turning response and speed, and in addition it improves depower, upwind, lowend and lift. I have also removed to tip Z bridle, as I feel it is better without it.

With the Jackomixer I have now done it an alternate way which removes the B main line and the folded Z main line. It also folds the A main in half and moves the Z pulley line down to just above the B pulley and gives you a knot on the end of the Z pulley line to adjust Z length.

The function is much the same as the other way of the jackomixer mod. Except this has more range, increases depower range, has adjustment, is less parts and stronger.

The main disadvantage is it moves the trim ~20cm to more powered. So you need to find some way to either extend your rear lines ~20cm or shorten your front lines 20cm or a combination between both. I managed to do both at the bar, which actually worked out well. If you replace the rear main with the B main folded in half that will get you 10cm on the rears. I am sure people will be able to work a solution at the bar or something else simple.

Of note though reducing drag at the kite is far more important than at the rider :-)

I highly recommend these mods now. Particularly if you have tried the Jackomixer, the alternate Jackomixer and No C offer quite a bit more.
Much help if you could provide some illustration. :thumb:

15toeside
Rare Poster
Gear: SupaEZ's old kites, ask "pullstrings"
Has thanked: 0

Postby 15toeside » Sun May 10, 2020 11:15 pm

a15-NO-C-and-ALT-JACKOMIXER-MOD.jpg
These users thanked the author 15toeside for the post (total 2):
Delta99 (Tue May 19, 2020 11:45 am) • esme (Sun May 31, 2020 1:22 am)
Rating: 6.06%

esme
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: Fone Breeze, Flysurfer Sonic FR

Postby esme » Mon May 18, 2020 10:42 pm

Thanks for this. I tried it today and it works really well. The tips look a little weird but the kite goes much better. It sits far more forward in the window like a sonic in a way.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:52 pm

OOPS !
just tried to contact , (15toeside) and he's gone ; what happened ?

Bille

F-Bear
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: SpaceBall Beach
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Gear: Kites: Switch Element V3 9m, Switch Nitro V4 14m, Best Waroo 17m, Airush DNA 13m, Pansh A15 12m with Jackomixer, Genesis 6m with Jakomixer, Flysurfer Peak4 5m
Boards: Lightwave Wing, Slingshot Wakefoiler with H2 wing
Bars: Mash-up (favorite is older Airush with ozone trimmer, Switch CL, custom lines), older Switch with ozone trimmer and modified quick release so it actually works.

Postby F-Bear » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:55 pm

Hey Billie, I'm guessing 15Toeside is foilholio, who appears to be banned from this site. Real shame, he had great advice sometimes but for sure offended people and Toby ended it.

F-Bear

Matty V
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made

Postby Matty V » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:24 pm

esme wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:42 pm
Thanks for this. I tried it today and it works really well. The tips look a little weird but the kite goes much better. It sits far more forward in the window like a sonic in a way.
Didnt need tuning eh? 😂

Return to “Foil Kites”