Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pansh Aurora2 it's here!

Postby foilholio » Wed May 25, 2016 1:30 am

Why would I? You are arrogant, contradict yourself, belittle me for even trying things and not particularly helpful. You just had a go at EDT through me, hopefully he sees you for what you are, a kitemoron.

The explanation about autozenith is from Peter Lynn. Not only do you consider yourself smarter than Flysurfer you consider yourself smarter than him. Bravo is there anymore proof needed you are an arrogant prick? Oh I forgot you are smarter than Benoit Tremblay too. Wow. You must consider yourself the smartest person in the world? Ever thought to try and get something like a nobel peace prize or something? You truly are a fuckwit. Are you sure you are not Ken Winner trying to pretend he knows something about foil kites?

But sure go ahead, do offer your self-worshiped understanding of autozenith. I'm calling your bluff. You either don't have one, or it has to be different than what Peter Lynn describes, so good luck making that one up. It should be creative at least, hopefully.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Wed May 25, 2016 3:48 am

kitexpert wrote:I dare say there is a problem in that explanation. Then why bridled kite (like C-shaped P4) does not have autozenith? It has very similar weight distribution than arc has. Your (EDT's) explanation reveals lack of knowledge about arcs.
Nope. I got this explanation straight from the Peter Lynn web site. Peter Lynn has explained this quite a few times. both you had folioholio have so much more knowledge than me about foils, I'm glad to learn anything I can from either of you. But this autozenith thing is simple enough even I can understand it.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Wed May 25, 2016 4:26 am

EDT foils are some what complicated but not terribly so. What is difficult about understanding them is a true minefield of incorrect facts about them, purported as being true. You will find these spouted in all corners unfortunately. Kitemoron is well and truly guilty of it. Hopefully I don't , but you don't know what you don't know, so :-/ Even Armin is sadly on video making incorrect statement/s, hopefully he doesn't support them any longer.

A particular incorrect statement I heard from everywhere especially along time ago, but still today:-( is "lines stretch". Nope not true today, they shrink. The subject is a bit complicated itself. But a long time ago they did stretch. This was before prestretch. Lines can give the illusion they stretch because after prestretch they shrink and if you do pull on them they stretch again or restretch. There is surely lines still available today that aren't prestretched, I think the heavier ropes aren't.

There is plenty I don't know about them and many other things. Hopefully you don't expect me to be an authority on them. I would be highly skeptical of anyone claiming to be an authority or expert, especially some who post anonymously on the internet with no record of there previous work designing kites. If any of the great designers do come post here , do listen, I sure do. There are many kite designers out there though, particularly in inflatables, that flat out don't have a clue on some things. Even a little bit of physics , engineering or aerodynamic understanding and you can see right through their BS. I have met a few, they too apparently know everything about foil kites, even how to make them better than the main brands selling like flysurfer, never made any themselves of note though! Had lovely strong opinions and I think they would be the type to get on and post like a certain mor0n.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Wed May 25, 2016 2:27 pm

"...belittle me for even trying things..." -foilholio

No, that is not my goal. I try to protect newcomers to not to try to invent the wheel again. You don't foilholio seem to understand that there is certain limits in AoA change foils tolerate - and 1:2:4 speedsystem can make it happen within reasonable bar movement. There was perhaps a need for more efficient system for the biggest of kites, but now going to high AR has made it unnecessary, even biggest kites don't have a long chord any more.

I have tried to warn foil kite makers not to stretch cell width too far. If it was a good solution, there would be more kites like that. Trend is opposite, to increase cell count. If it wasn't so beneficial why manufacturers are doing so, increasing complexity, weight and costs of kites?

"I would be highly skeptical of anyone claiming to be an authority or expert, especially some who post anonymously on the internet with no record of there previous work designing kites." -foilholio

I have my own reasons to stay incognito here. That is why I don't present my kites here, except some design pictures. I think it is quite clear that my postings tell I have quite a lot knowledge of kites... It would be strange if I hadn't, I've used years of my life for kites and kiting. It hasn't been at all easy road all the time, but at best a very rewarding one.

"The explanation about autozenith is from Peter Lynn." -foilholio

It is correct, but it is not complete explanation. Peter Lynn of course knows why arcs especially have auto-zenith, but same weight distributed bridled foils don't. So do I, but you don't, foilholio.

I see you couldn't tell from the P4 lineplan why that kite has a variable PA. However your words about changing line lenghts are true, prestreched lines shrink more than stretch.

I think I have much more respectful opinion for pro kite designers than you do. And paradoxally the one you constantly pick up, Greg of BRM, has probably more limited knowledge than designers usually have. That estimate is based on some of his videos where he explains his kites and some other things. Man,that guy talks a lot... But I'm not saying his kites are bad. And of course he knows his kites and he knows what he wants. Technically Clouds are very simple kites.

I don't take seriously your insults, foilholio :) You must accept the level of understanding you have. You must study and listen those who know better if you want to improve it. A bit more respect would be good, otherwise I don't know if I bother to help more.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby corbett » Wed May 25, 2016 2:36 pm

Don't worry about Foilholio, Kitexpert, they call him Enfant Terrible on that french foil forum :) With regards to his kite talk of course.

Now, more and more people are putting their brake landing strap over the top of the power lines. Any advantages to this assuming you have no old top hat release?

edt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby edt » Wed May 25, 2016 4:14 pm

kitexpert wrote:Peter Lynn of course knows why arcs especially have auto-zenith, but same weight distributed bridled foils don't.

when i get a chance I'll tie a sand bag to the trailing edge of my envy. What do you bet it autozeniths? If it's just about center of lift and center of gravity it will. I suspect it will autozenith.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Wed May 25, 2016 4:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS7179f5E2Q

Looks good! looks fast! profile looks thinner. yummy. I want to see the 22 in action!

Couple more shots of the Aurora 2 in this pansh prototype race kite video from the same guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQz5Dh3yynY

edt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby edt » Wed May 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Soon as Eric Sanders gets his 22 I'm gonna borrow it to demo if he lets me lol

EricSanders
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Metro Beach Detroit
Favorite Beaches: Tawas, OBX
Style: Freeride
Gear: Blade Trigger 7.0
LF NRG 10.0
Best Kahuna 13.5
Blade Fat Lady 17.0
Royal Rush 19.0
Pansh Aurora2 22m
Spleen door 164
OceanRodeo Mako King
Liquid Force Edge 146
Axis Vanguard 148
Axis Vanguard 136

Postby EricSanders » Wed May 25, 2016 6:09 pm

>Soon as Eric Sanders gets his 22 I'm gonna borrow it to demo if he lets me lol
No problem Eric. All I want in exchange is a Vulcan mind meld so I can shred like you :thumb: .
I'll be in Tawas second week of July camping. Got skunked last year, but with this kite in hand, I can't imagine not getting out at least once.

EricSanders
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Metro Beach Detroit
Favorite Beaches: Tawas, OBX
Style: Freeride
Gear: Blade Trigger 7.0
LF NRG 10.0
Best Kahuna 13.5
Blade Fat Lady 17.0
Royal Rush 19.0
Pansh Aurora2 22m
Spleen door 164
OceanRodeo Mako King
Liquid Force Edge 146
Axis Vanguard 148
Axis Vanguard 136

Postby EricSanders » Sat May 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Just looked at the bridle layout and realized that this is a five line kite. All my bars are setup for four line. Has anyone used the Pansh bar? At 50% off, I tempted to order contact them and get their bar as well.

Return to “Foil Kites”