Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Elf Joker 6 9m, my first foil kite

For all foil kite riders
WH Lithuania
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Melnragė, Elektrėnai, Vievis
Favorite Beaches: Melnragė
Style: wave, hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone Chrono V3 UL 13m. Ozone Reo V5 9m and 7m, V4 10m. BWS Aeneema 5'5. Tons of GoFoil, Moses, Takuma foils. BWS Mulcoy Pro 6'0.

Re: Elf Joker 6 9m, my first foil kite

Postby WH Lithuania » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:55 am

Thanks Mossy. Let us know when you fly your new J7 15m, I'm very interested to hear comparision J5 vs J7 15m.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby foilholio » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:30 pm

I am still lost with that Z pigtail it looks like the knots are on the C pulley line. So if that is not the case it just hangs loose at the end which is out of shot?

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:55 pm

foilholio wrote:I am still lost with that Z pigtail it looks like the knots are on the C pulley line. So if that is not the case it just hangs loose at the end which is out of shot?

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:47 am

Thanks for that.

That is a lot of adjustment for Z. It looks like B pulley can hit the knot when depowered. Does B go slack or stay tight on the kite when fully depowered?

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:18 am

It doesn't hit the knot, there's a lot more length there than it shows without tension on the lines.

WH Lithuania
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Melnragė, Elektrėnai, Vievis
Favorite Beaches: Melnragė
Style: wave, hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone Chrono V3 UL 13m. Ozone Reo V5 9m and 7m, V4 10m. BWS Aeneema 5'5. Tons of GoFoil, Moses, Takuma foils. BWS Mulcoy Pro 6'0.

Postby WH Lithuania » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:05 pm

I tried Joker 7 11m today in steady low wind for the very first time. No previous experience with foil kites. It was epic, flies in almost no wind. Handles very easy. Very predictable and stable. Generates tons of power when moved.

windmlv
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Gordon's beach, LaVentana, Baja
Gear: Slingshot Hypermiler 4'8", Moses 633, Naish Slash 7m
Has thanked: 0

Postby windmlv » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:12 pm

Hey Lithuania, we want more, more, more. Photos and more details of your 11m Elf 7 experience.
Just joking, but sounds like you really enjoyed it.
I have the Joker 6 9m but looking to possibly getting the 11m Elf 7. Think I need more time with the 9m first.
Winter in LaVentana once again ( I hope ).

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:55 am

WH Lithuania wrote:Generates tons of power when moved.
:lol: twitspert the local fool wants to tell you you are wrong. But I believe you 100% :thumb:

How much does it weigh?

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:47 am

Messed up again, foilholio? I'm afraid you are the local fool here :roll:

I wrote earlier race foil generates its power when given time to get its speed up, before that it does not pull very much. Small sizes generate power faster than bigger ones, because their inertia is relatively smaller.
foilholio wrote:How much does it weigh?
:D This is foilholios biggest concern about the new race kite... For real, this kite has 62 cells, meaning it has 124 panels and 61 ribs, tens of diagonal ribs, 186 pieces of spanwise straps, 9 air intakes with valves, 61 plastic rod LE stiffeners, quite complex (even though well designed) bridle... Lightest possible weight seems not to be very high in design requirements list.

I don't know the exact weight of J7, but J6 was a bit heavier than J5. Air inside 11m kite weights near 2kg, kite itself about 2,5kg, perhaps close to 3kg because of the high cell count. So total weight is more than in similar sized LEI. However high L/D ratio is much more essential than agility with these kites. I wouldn't say 11m race foil is very slow, but of course it is slower to turn and accelerate than same sized LEI, these have also much lower AR (shorter wingspan). For its designed use as a race kite there is plenty of time to collect the speed, it is very much a park-and-ride sport.

Jokers are kites in which designer has done his work, I don't see much to add or criticize :thumb:

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:22 am

Weight is THEE highest most important design criteria when it comes to things that fly. The next is drag. You fail on both counts.

All of the latest race kites and kites designed for foiling and WAVES and light wind are moving to be lighter. You are so stupid that you can't work out why a kite needs to be lighter than the lift in the minimum wind it will fly in. Let me spell it out for your stupid head right now, the minimum wind is LESS than you know it to be. IT IS IN FACT 0 KNOTS YES ZERO 0 0 0 0 0.0000 nada zilch knots. Are you so stupid that I need to explain WHY that is? Please don't make me as talking at your level hurts. You can't even get basic physics right, WEIGHT and MASS are not the same thing numb nuts.

oh and

It is only park and ride for kooks. Your not so extensive experience amounts for nothing how do you feel?

An 11m race kite is both faster and has more lift than any other 11m. The two go together, speed and lift, fat fucking kites need not apply.

Return to “Foil Kites”