kitexpert wrote: ↑Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:19 amDyneema fabric is too expensive. Even now material costs are considerable part of the final cost of the kite. Work is cheap in sweatshops, good materials not so.
We wouldn't buy (as many) kites if decent salaries could be payed to workers. Geez it is nice to be wealthy and to live in free prosperous western world, isn't it?
You have a "recent" thread here on kiteforum viewtopic.php?t=2393279 which doesn't sound very optimistic on the sewing part. Maybe worth continuing discussing on this dedicated thread?
HiTony wrote: ↑Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:40 pmAny thoughts on how the CA Waves compare (wind range) to LEI kites?
Would the 8.5/4.5 compare to LEI 10m/7m, other?
That helps me understand ranges a bit more and takes rider weight and wing size out of the equation.
I also like a nice overlap, my current LEI kites are 7/9/12 which is perfect for me.
I was hoping the 8.5 would be similar to the 12m but seems a bit smaller although I am not using it effectively yet so that could change.
Sure. I'll make one in a bit.stefFZ wrote: ↑Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:57 pmYou have a "recent" thread here on kiteforum viewtopic.php?t=2393279 which doesn't sound very optimistic on the sewing part. Maybe worth continuing discussing on this dedicated thread?
Thanks Sombra, That helps and kind of confirms what I'm thinking.
I can also confirm your findings. My 4.5 and 6.5 replaced 5 and 7m. Switch Elements. I might have a bit better range in both ends but nothing major. I can ride the 6.5 when most people ride 9(as before) and I have never been overpowered on the 4.5. For once we are comparing LEIs and foils with close to same ARs which makes them more similar.Tony wrote: ↑Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:48 pmThanks Sombra, That helps and kind of confirms what I'm thinking.
I'm not having much luck getting this kite out in the right winds. Saturday was blowing pretty hard, averaging 22. I was on my own and a little unsure so waited a bit. It dropped to 18 and I headed out. Well I tried side launch twice but wasn't working, needed more weight on the upwind tip and the kite was a bit shadowed. The winds were dropping so I launched straight downwind, no issues.
Was able to get up on foil looping the kite but 15min needed two loops to get on the foil and not enough power to stay there. The wind completely dropped out. Got close to shore and the kite dropped, wouldn't stay in the air. Should have gone out a bit sooner, think it would have been fine.
Sunday was way too strong and bad direction for the foil.
Hope to get more time on this kite soon. Hope the really cold weather holds off for a bit.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests