Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Concept Air Smart Wave 6.5 & 4.5 & 3 and now 8.5

For all foil kite riders
gl
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 4, Concept Air Smart, Water Smart, Pulsion, Firefly and Wave kites. Slingshot foil boards and foils, North Nugget
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Concept Air Smart Wave 6.5 & 4.5 & 3 and now 8.5

Postby gl » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:42 pm

The following is the information regarding the different settings directly from Ben. These are exactly his words: The photo number 1 is regular, the number 2 is a bit more rapid and less on the harness, the 3 you lost a bit in the low end and the kite is more light, 4 is not for all kite but some size could using this, more slowly and more power but backs stall is close, the 5 is very good too depend upon feeling closer than the one powerful, all combination depend upon rider, age of your kite too, question of feeling, thank you very much. Ben.

merl
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: RL kitefoil
Newind split wave

CA Pulsion 12m
FS Peak 4 5m
Gong strutted 9m
Slingshot SST 7m
Gong strutwave 5m
OR Razor 4m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Concept Air Smart Wave 6.5 & 4.5 & 3 and now 8.5

Postby merl » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:50 pm

merl wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:35 pm
screenshot.png

I found this pic on one of the French forums and saved it. But what are the purposes of the different settings? CA use yellow for the A line on one side, and Red for the B, and the opposite on the other side. In this picture, is it the case that red = A...?
OK so if indeed red=A then you can get the first two settings with a bit of dyneema with one single knot. Otherwise there are way too many knots to get tangled. The loop is around 11cm. Lower one is equal to pic 1, the upper one is like pic 2.
20191029_213053.jpg
EDIT: looking again I see that my lower pic is like the setting I actually had on my kite, and the upper setting is like picture 1. So you probably need one knot to get the equivalent of pic 2. Anyway you get the point if you want to reduce the number of knots floating around waiting to get tangled.

Return to “Foil Kites”