Flysurfer Soul

For all foil kite riders
Skywalker7
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Sostó
Favorite Beaches: Ulcinj
Style: Freeride
Gear: I have 14 kites, covering most of the major brands.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby Skywalker7 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:23 pm

mgs wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:22 pm
That’s definitely an option as all my kites are Ozone in which the HL 9m V2 or even an HL 9m V1 would be fine,i'm sure.
There are several guys on FS kites at my local beach and just fancied the idea of trying something else. :D
It will all come down to price anyway.
Just test the Soul 10 M and 8 M and decide for yourself. I have the Soul 10M and it is possible to depower a lot but definitely try for yourself.

cwood
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil

Postby cwood » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:00 pm

PurdyKiter wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:55 pm
Could someone here with very recent information tell me what to purchase for a good bar for a brand new Soul? I have my 12m on order and it's waiting in California at the shop.... but I've told them to wait 2 weeks until the new FS bar apparently arrives.
Any new information here on the 2019 compatible FS bar for the 12m Soul?
TIA
I would not recommend anything less than 60cm. These kites need lots of steering input. I ride 60 even on the 8m

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko

Postby Adventure Logs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:24 am

cwood wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:00 pm
PurdyKiter wrote:
Could someone here with very recent information tell me what to purchase for a good bar for a brand new Soul? I have my 12m on order and it's waiting in California at the shop.... but I've told them to wait 2 weeks until the new FS bar apparently arrives.
TIA
I would not recommend anything less than 60cm. These kites need lots of steering input. I ride 60 even on the 8m
I would disagree with that statement. I’ve used the 50cm bar on the 15 without any big problems. I wouldn’t want the 60cm on the 8m or smaller. You run into the problem of stalling one side of the wing more when turning hard and end up losing a lot of power in the process.

Sometimes this is a good thing but when I want to do it I’ll pull a ball on the steering lines. Having this happen accidentally could be big problems for me during kiteloops, starting at the very bottom end of the wind window, during hard carves, etc.

The 12m is kinda the break over point where you could go either way. Personally the 12 and larger is when I go with the larger bar.

cwood
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil

Postby cwood » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:58 am

Adventure Logs wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:24 am
cwood wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:00 pm
PurdyKiter wrote:
TIA
I would disagree with that statement. I’ve used the 50cm bar on the 15 without any big problems. I wouldn’t want the 60cm on the 8m or smaller. You run into the problem of stalling one side of the wing more when turning hard and end up losing a lot of power in the process.

Sometimes this is a good thing but when I want to do it I’ll pull a ball on the steering lines. Having this happen accidentally could be big problems for me during kiteloops, starting at the very bottom end of the wind window, during hard carves, etc.

The 12m is kinda the break over point where you could go either way. Personally the 12 and larger is when I go with the larger bar.
Interesting, have not had this issue that I can tell and prefer the harder snap for foil boosting. Just a preference I guess...

Return to “Foil Kites”