Flysurfer Soul

For all foil kite riders
Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby Ice101 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:11 am

I flew Lei delta kites for years and loved them but discovered the soul last year and haven’t flown one since. The soul pulls way faster than a delta Lei! Since having a 10m soul I can power past people riding similar boards and weight on Lei easily. The 10m soul pulls as hard if not harder than a 17m edge when wound up. It’s awesome and goes upwind way better.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:39 am

Kristan wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:50 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:57 pm
Funny thing is this was done on the Soul.
Yeah, okay, one dude have made it on a custom board. It's totally legit to compete against high aspect race foils now. Good luck, fellas!

How many other did compete for that? What gear did they use? What are their results? How close were they? How niche is that "achievement"? So many questions.
Dude it was a world record, calm down.
slide wrote:having a bad day bud
Don't blame him. He was having problems with his Soul, kept blaming the kite even though we told him it wasn't. Turned out it was him so now he's just a little "sensitive" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kristan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Favorite Beaches: Mejvodnoye, Crimea
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Paraavis Smile 3 15m. Boards: Flysurfer Radical 6 144x46, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50

Postby Kristan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:00 am

Adventure Logs wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:39 am
Dude it was a world record, calm down.
As far as I know the world record is twice than that. Or again, this "world record" is too niche. Like those Guinness records of shooting grasshoppers out of the nostril.
Turned out it was him so now he's just a little "sensitive"
Dude, seriously, f*ck you. You're the one sensitive when it comes with mentions of Souls in any negative light, so you take it personal and go on your holy crusade and personal attacks. Grow up. :nono:

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:35 am

I’m also somewhat confused about the ‘world record’ though - I also thought it was much faster than that. I’m assuming it’s because it was over an entire nautical mile rather than 500 metres but even so it’s way slower than the world kitesurfing speed record which is nearly 60 knots.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:18 am

Oh, and

calm down!!

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:45 pm

Kristan wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:00 am
Dude, seriously, f*ck you. You're the one sensitive when it comes with mentions of Souls in any negative light, so you take it personal and go on your holy crusade and personal attacks. Grow up. :nono:
Here’s the news article:
https://www.surfertoday.com/kiteboardin ... -on-a-kite

And for the other thing, I haven’t taken anything personal. I’m not the one cussing or attacking on the forum. My problem is when people bash a product due to their bias or incompetence which you have a history of doing. Like others have said, calm down.

Kristan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Favorite Beaches: Mejvodnoye, Crimea
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Paraavis Smile 3 15m. Boards: Flysurfer Radical 6 144x46, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50

Postby Kristan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:09 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:45 pm

And for the other thing, I haven’t taken anything personal. I’m not the one cussing or attacking on the forum. My problem is when people bash a product due to their bias or incompetence which you have a history of doing. Like others have said, calm down.
You spread slander and trying to belittle me wherever I go. "Oh you know, that guy is incompetent, because yada yada, don't take his opinion". You act like a woman. No wonder you shave and gloss everything, except your beard and eyebrows, even have a couple of wacky tats. I will not calm down, neither take shit from you. Stop acting like you're innocent, because you're still acting like a douche canoe.

Also because I mostly got used to Soul still doesn't got rid of its flaws. It's still slow in the turns, still breaks bridle lines coating within first hours, still fronststalls in gusty or turbulent winds, still gets dragged off from parking spot, still refuses to sit tightly when backstalled, and so on. It has nothing to do with my competence, but rather with the kite itself and how it was made.

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:37 pm

you say your pulse2 14metre refused to jump,so how do you find the soul ? does that say no -has she been in the mood , or does it get a headache too
I have found my pulse2 6 metre very obliging , but you need to whine and dine her with a big wind, she is a whore , she likes a big un

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Kristan wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:09 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:45 pm

You spread slander and trying to belittle me wherever I go. "Oh you know, that guy is incompetent, because yada yada, don't take his opinion". You act like a woman. No wonder you shave and gloss everything, except your beard and eyebrows, even have a couple of wacky tats. I will not calm down, neither take shit from you. Stop acting like you're innocent, because you're still acting like a douche canoe.

Also because I mostly got used to Soul still doesn't got rid of its flaws. It's still slow in the turns, still breaks bridle lines coating within first hours, still fronststalls in gusty or turbulent winds, still gets dragged off from parking spot, still refuses to sit tightly when backstalled, and so on. It has nothing to do with my competence, but rather with the kite itself and how it was made.
And you say I’m the one making personal attacks :roll:
Jesus dude get a grip.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:10 pm

And now back to the actual topic...
cwood wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:45 pm
slide wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:38 pm
I got my 10 metre soul today , and I love the 2 bag setup , and I get my 6 metre soul next week
It's more like a 1 bag setup, and a hideous backpack. 😁
I actually think this new bag is the best FS has made in a long long time. The grey/orange simple bag was ok but without a shoulder strap, I found it pretty useless. This new bag is very useable. I can fit both my 6 and 10 with bars and the pockets are nice and large. While the color is a little too “youthful” in my opinion, it does ooze quality. My only complaint is I wish the bag was a little longer. It’s difficult to fit a 60cm bar rolled in a kite in the bag. It’s doable but I fear I’ll eventually pop a zipper.

Return to “Foil Kites”