Flysurfer Soul

For all foil kite riders
Armin Harich
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby Armin Harich » Wed May 06, 2020 8:54 pm

If you still want it super light instead of light bar pressured, you can extend the 3 Top Bridles at wingtips each side for 4 cm.
For sure bar feedback is less direct and we don't recomend to do that for a normal person.

BTW, if you shorten the 3 lines bar pressure increase this way too. That can be done by a second larkshead knot over the LCL.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-06 um 21.45.51.png

Kristan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Favorite Beaches: Mejvodnoye, Crimea
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Eleveight XS 14m, Paraavis Smile 3 15m. Boards: Flysurfer Radical 6 144x46, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50

Postby Kristan » Wed May 06, 2020 9:50 pm

Short mixer test has been done. Had some deviation in B on left side, right side is completely fine. Guess that was one of the reasons my kite didn't fly straight for a couple of sessions. Long test will be done on the spot when we would have the lockdown lifted. Not sure about bridle modification, since I don't have spare lines and overall a bit afraid to modify it in any way. What about the bar, Armin, would a bigger bar help with responsiveness of the kite?

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Armin Harich » Wed May 06, 2020 10:11 pm

Long mixer test is more accurate, as it includes bridle stretch. So ignore at Soul and Sonic 3 the short mixer test and only do the long one.
Very important also: always measure with 5Kg! of load at each A, B, C and Z Main. Otherwise you measure B and C 3-5mm too short. Than means you extend it for this 3-5mm which will increase the bar forces.
Just compare the mixer without load and with 5Kg. You will see the difference.
The difference is noticeable in bar forces.

People how keep there hands close to the winders love wider bars.
People how love to ride one handed at the center hole, prefer more narrow bars. In that case the wider bar would increase the steering forces.

I am quite sure, your B/C is a bit too long. You can also make B -2mm and C-4mm and will get also less steering forces.

I hope, you soon can get out on the beach and water to do sports to strength your immun system.

We will help you.

Cheers, Armin
These users thanked the author Armin Harich for the post:
Valk (Tue May 26, 2020 6:53 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Thu May 07, 2020 7:57 am

Kristan wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:50 pm
Not sure about bridle modification, since I don't have spare lines and overall a bit afraid to modify it in any way.
I think Armin's suggested modification is very simple to do. From kite spare bag take 12x LCL (~1cm white and pink loops) with same color as LCL already attached to kite. If no enough LCLs at spare part do fishing line extension loops with figure-8 knot by yourself. Insert spare part LCL between bridle top end and kite's LCL. Very simple with Flysurfer because of the LCL and you have just extended 3 tip bridle by about 2cm. Test and see if your hands like it or not.

But isn't Flysurfer after market support remarkable..

tkaraszewski
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Hood River/Caribbean
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone/Levitaz

Postby tkaraszewski » Fri May 15, 2020 11:52 pm

I have a question about bridle adjustments on my Soul 10m.

In particular, the A9 line seems too short, like it's "kinking" the leading edge down toward the ground, as if it's too short.

Also, and it may or may not be related, the entire leading edge of the kite looks a bit like it's stretched diagonally downward, towards the wingtips, putting wrinkles into the leading edge of the kite. I wonder if the A bridle in general is too short compared to the B bridle? Does anyone know what I should look at?

tkaraszewski
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tkaraszewski » Sun May 17, 2020 1:06 am

tkaraszewski wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:52 pm
I have a question about bridle adjustments on my Soul 10m.

In particular, the A9 line seems too short, like it's "kinking" the leading edge down toward the ground, as if it's too short.

Also, and it may or may not be related, the entire leading edge of the kite looks a bit like it's stretched diagonally downward, towards the wingtips, putting wrinkles into the leading edge of the kite. I wonder if the A bridle in general is too short compared to the B bridle? Does anyone know what I should look at?
Quoting myself, but I just extended a9 by about 1cm, not sure if this was the best option? I haven't flown the kite yet. Let me know if this is the wrong thing to do.

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Style: Freeride
Gear: *

Postby Janus » Tue May 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Don’t know if it’s wrong, but I would have tried one LCL extra to try instead of that higher breaking load line you used.

You don’t have a knot somewhere in that briddle line which causes the dent?

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Tue May 19, 2020 1:51 pm

Breaking load would also be my concern, as LCL is supposed to break before stitching of the kite or bridle line. A load fuse. So I also would have chained two similar color LCL together or if not available, similar breaking strength fishing line. I think we discussed this on other "LCL" topic just day or two ago.

tkaraszewski
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tkaraszewski » Tue May 19, 2020 5:19 pm

joriws wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:51 pm
Breaking load would also be my concern, as LCL is supposed to break before stitching of the kite or bridle line. A load fuse. So I also would have chained two similar color LCL together or if not available, similar breaking strength fishing line. I think we discussed this on other "LCL" topic just day or two ago.
We did. I ordered some extra line with similar breaking strength to the original LCL, but wanted to try this just to see if it looks like it flies better. So far I haven't had the chance to fly it yet.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Fri May 22, 2020 8:44 am

Hey,

Did someone recently made transition from LEI to Soul 8/9m on TT and get some insight how does the ride compares? Getting my Switchblades 10 & 14m sold this year and would consider 9m soul for TT but can't demo anywhere I live this kite.
I wonder how is lunching of small 9m soul is like in 20-30kts.
I'm mainly jumping with some basic hooked tricks

Return to “Foil Kites”