Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm

andylc wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:20 am
Not sure many would agree with the above - it completely depends on the kite. Hyperlink is a good first foil kite, Chrono is higher performance and R1 is a race kite. Equally Flysurfer make several different kites. Of all the foil kites I’ve flown, the Soul imho is probably the easiest to get on with coming from flying LEIs.
How is the hyperlink a good first foil? You accidentally tomahawk it and blow it up and you are fucked. With Flysurfer warranty, they’ll fix it for free. I sure wouldn’t want to fly my kite afraid all the time that I might damage it.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm

I’m not talking about warranty I’m talking about usability. Not sure wtf you are doing with your kites but I’ve had 4 different foil kites over the years and haven’t accidentally damaged any of them. Flysurfer has a great warranty for sure. I’d be interested to see hi often the 12 mtb free repair is actually used.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Wed May 16, 2018 7:54 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm
How is the hyperlink a good first foil? You accidentally tomahawk it and blow it up and you are fucked. With Flysurfer warranty, they’ll fix it for free. I sure wouldn’t want to fly my kite afraid all the time that I might damage it.
Seems like we are reaching here. Not really hearing reports of exploding Ozone kites. Any kite could get smashed. Flysurfer warranty is awesome. I don't think bashing a kite that for all reports is a success is helping their brand.

Hope I get to fly a Soul some day.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Example of me having to use the Flysurfer warranty; I was working on my back rotation with downloop which ended up having the kite crash hard on a submerged log. Completely destroyed the kite by ripped a wing off. I bought this kite second hand and I was in South Africa at the time. Not only did the USA dealer replace my kite with a completely new Speed 3 DLX since it was still under the one year warranty, he shipped it down to SA free of charge. Every since then he has had customer for life.

Here’s a comparison to Ozone’s customer service. The first gen Chronos had a know defect with a weakness in the bridle which ended up breaking up on me and destroying the kite without any warning. Sure they offered to repair it for free but I had to pony up the $300+ dollars to have it shipped to the factory to have it done.

Now you tell me which type of service you would rather have? I like to loop my foils and I work them hard like most of my stuff. Hell I took my Sonic2 with me on a trip last year to over 25 different countries and I beat the shit out of it but I have never worried because I know Flysurfer has my back. Can you say the same?

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that

Postby slowboat » Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 pm
Example of me having to use the Flysurfer warranty; I was working on my back rotation with downloop which ended up having the kite crash hard on a submerged log. Completely destroyed the kite by ripped a wing off. I bought this kite second hand and I was in South Africa at the time. Not only did the USA dealer replace my kite with a completely new Speed 3 DLX since it was still under the one year warranty, he shipped it down to SA free of charge. Every since then he has had customer for life.

Here’s a comparison to Ozone’s customer service. The first gen Chronos had a know defect with a weakness in the bridle which ended up breaking up on me and destroying the kite without any warning. Sure they offered to repair it for free but I had to pony up the $300+ dollars to have it shipped to the factory to have it done.

Now you tell me which type of service you would rather have? I like to loop my foils and I work them hard like most of my stuff. Hell I took my Sonic2 with me on a trip last year to over 25 different countries and I beat the shit out of it but I have never worried because I know Flysurfer has my back. Can you say the same?
Why so confrontational and aggressive. Your overall tone on the thread and the other one you started is so strident. We get it that you love these kites but try to calm down a bit.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby andylc » Wed May 16, 2018 11:20 pm

Didn’t you know the best way to get your point across is to be a dick about it?🙄

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu May 17, 2018 7:48 am

slowboat wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 pm
Why so confrontational and aggressive. Your overall tone on the thread and the other one you started is so strident. We get it that you love these kites but try to calm down a bit.
Did I read that correctly? I'm confrontational, aggressive, and strident? Someone mentioned about having no real need for that FS warranty and I gave a personal testimony about when it saved not only my new kite, but my trip. Any tone you read through just texts are usually your own feelings reflected back at yourself. But I will apologize for not catering to the snowflake in you. I'm sure there's a safespace near by for you to have a good cry in. Any when that's done, think about putting on your big boy britches and realize that 1. Not everyone is going to agree with you. 2. people (like myself) are just going to tell it to you straight and 3. There are much more important things out there to worry about than getting your feelings hurt by bad strong words, so man up.

Oh and have a nice day :-)

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that

Postby slowboat » Thu May 17, 2018 10:42 am

Adventure Logs wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:48 am
slowboat wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 pm
Did I read that correctly? I'm confrontational, aggressive, and strident? Someone mentioned about having no real need for that FS warranty and I gave a personal testimony about when it saved not only my new kite, but my trip. Any tone you read through just texts are usually your own feelings reflected back at yourself. But I will apologize for not catering to the snowflake in you. I'm sure there's a safespace near by for you to have a good cry in. Any when that's done, think about putting on your big boy britches and realize that 1. Not everyone is going to agree with you. 2. people (like myself) are just going to tell it to you straight and 3. There are much more important things out there to worry about than getting your feelings hurt by bad strong words, so man up.

Oh and have a nice day :-)
Your response makes my point. Nobody’s feelings are hurt. If you disagree with my statements, explain why you disagree. Why the personal attacks?

Just go back and read some of your writing on this thread and the other one on Flysurfers that you started. The language and tone are just so angry. We r just discussing kites here.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu May 17, 2018 11:39 am

You can't read tone through texts, whatever "tone" you set it's your own reflections. How did I not explain how I disagreed? I stated a very good example of how yes that warranty can make or break a kiting experience and especially with new kiters or those who are for the first time using a foil kite will have a tendency to crash it and be much harder on the equipment where once again, the warranty makes a difference. My suggestion is to grow some thicker skin, be less butthurt, and realize when you are in a losing argument and learn to step away from the keyboard. Yes I'm blunt and direct, it's who I am. It's not my problem if you can't take that.

=Jason-

andylc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby andylc » Thu May 17, 2018 11:57 am

You’re really helping the Flysurfer brand here...

Return to “Foil Kites”