Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:25 pm

juanpasala wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:04 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:28 pm
juanpasala wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:08 pm

Got myself a 11m Sonic Race
What didn't you like about the Race? I've considered getting a VMG due to my impatience with waiting for the Sonic3. I would never buy a used race kite though.
juanpasala wrote: Can I ask you what issues?
I know there s a new 9m, a friend bought it and i am planning on trying it this week end, but the thing here might be the aspect ratio of thi kites, I understand the 9m is very close to the same aspect ratio of the 8m and the 10 is closer in AR to the 12, so that might give a hint on how the different sizes behave.
I'm having some major overflying problems and some very strange inverting issues that I've never seen before. I'm pretty sure it's not the bar and it's a new kite so I like to wait 5-10 hours before I dive into the mixer so it could be and hopefully will be a easy correction. My time on the water has drastically been reduced due to a new job so I also haven't had time to dig into it either. The strangest part is at the very low end, the kite will invert which I've never seen happen on a Soul before. It actually makes relaunching much easier but again very unusual. I'll have some time off in about 10 days and hope to get it figured out then.

=J-
I love the Sonic Race, but my main spot is Calima Lake in Colombia, so lots of wind, but a bit crazy (Loads of puffs, loads of dead zones, shifty winds and different wind speeds all along the lake), and the Sonic Race, being so light, doesnt like extreme conditions that much, that s why I am looking to add a soul for those crazy days.
I've been there, epic spot especially when the fog rolls in. Did it on my motorcycle trip down to Argentina, definitely unforgettable. I'm jealous that's your main spot!

=J-

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby foilholio » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:10 am

elguapo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:42 pm
anyone try out horue's "albatross"?
their XXLW wing?

(the wing is being carried at the 2 second point)
I would like to try out all their models.

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: cabarete, kanaha
Gear: ..
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby elguapo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:27 pm

juanpasala wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:08 pm
elguapo wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:17 am
juanpasala wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:59 pm
Has anyone made a comparison between an 8m and a 10m soul?
I had an 8- 12 - 15 Soul quiver. Wasnt using the 8 so I sold it, and exchanged my 12 for a 11mt race kite (deeply regretting it).
I want to get a medium number again, but between my 8m and 12 mt I always prefered the behaviour of the 12...
What do you guys think?
which race kite?
Got myself a 11m Sonic Race
yeah..i traded a couple souls for a pair of hardly used (but still used) sonic VMGs..
i can only fly on 10m lines.... and i dont dare fly underpowered (unless i fancied a swim)

i'll give an effort to get competent flying them..but i'll probably get rid of them sooner than later.

Return to “Foil Kites”