Postby blu » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:58 pm

Nem0 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:50 am
blu wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:21 am
blu wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:27 pm
ronstan.jpg

any one replaced pulleys with bigger more solid( Ronstan with bearings) in your Soul kite?
can you share your experience and opinion on those?
I'm replacing them on the Soul bridle only. I have seen the bridle line brake due to bad pully and kite landed on the tree.
Anybody experienced pully failure on the Soul?
Not at all!
I love my new 9m Soul but I will be watching those pulley blocks very closely :o

JakeFarley
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Florida Left Coast, USA
Favorite Beaches: Any that are not crowded.
Style: Old fart style
Gear: Kites: Flysurfer Speed5 21m, Soul 12m, Cabrinha 16m Xbow, 11m Xbow, Best 14m HP Nemesis, 9m Yarga C Hybrid
Boards: Crazyfly 135 x 46 Pro, Cabrinha Spoiler 140, 6' custom surfboard, 122 x 46 custom twintip, custom 140 x 50 strapless twintip/skim
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby JakeFarley » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:04 am

No problems with pulleys on my Soul, Speed 5 or any other kites. After each session I wash/spray each pulley with fresh water and make sure it runs freely. Also I check for wear on the mixer and bridle lines.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Has thanked: 0

Postby cwood » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:06 am

JakeFarley wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:04 am
No problems with pulleys on my Soul, Speed 5 or any other kites. After each session I wash/spray each pulley with fresh water and make sure it runs freely. Also I check for wear on the mixer and bridle lines.
Exactly!

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 am

Flysurfer pulleys, sprenger kite blocks, are really good even Pansh uses them too. Those ball bearing blocks get jammed with sand and they are like twice as heavy so they cause tangles.
spengerkiteblock.jpg
spengerkiteblock.jpg (15.38 KiB) Viewed 235 times
You can still sort of fly foil kites with broken pulley or pulley line, well mainly down wind but a little to the side. Remember A and Z have direct connections. It can be hard to avoid collapses with a kite like that and once it collapses it can be pack up and swim.

Ronstan also have a kite block like sprenger, they actually had it first. It is good too, a little lighter as well. The sprenger I think is a tighter fitting block, so harder for sand to get in, but can jam maybe easier. Hard to remember, I do like to always rinse my pulleys.
ronstankiteblock.jpg
ronstankiteblock.jpg (28.29 KiB) Viewed 235 times
These users thanked the author foilholio for the post:
blu (Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:17 pm)
Rating: 10%

blu
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 10
Local Beach: Great Lakes
Favorite Beaches: Cayo Coco
Gear: Flysurfer Ozone Slingshot Cabrinha Nobile Lift LF

Postby blu » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:25 pm

foilholio wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 am
Flysurfer pulleys, sprenger kite blocks, are really good even Pansh uses them too. Those ball bearing blocks get jammed with sand and they are like twice as heavy so they cause tangles.

spengerkiteblock.jpg

You can still sort of fly foil kites with broken pulley or pulley line, well mainly down wind but a little to the side. Remember A and Z have direct connections. It can be hard to avoid collapses with a kite like that and once it collapses it can be pack up and swim.

Ronstan also have a kite block like sprenger, they actually had it first. It is good too, a little lighter as well. The sprenger I think is a tighter fitting block, so harder for sand to get in, but can jam maybe easier. Hard to remember, I do like to always rinse my pulleys.

ronstankiteblock.jpg
great info
thanks

Return to “Foil Kites”