Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:40 pm

I also ride a 6/10 Soul quiver and for me it works great but I do change line lengths. I also had an 8 but I greatly regret selling it because it was fantastic on a twintip. I’m always trying to slim down my quiver as much as possible for travel though. The 6m has been my most favorite hydrofoil kite to date. The range for me is huge and overlaps a lot on my 10m even. I ride the Moses 633 on a Groove Skate 110cm, 80kg

tkaraszewski
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Moses/F-One/Flysurfer mostly

Postby tkaraszewski » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:15 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:40 pm
I also ride a 6/10 Soul quiver and for me it works great but I do change line lengths. I also had an 8 but I greatly regret selling it because it was fantastic on a twintip. I’m always trying to slim down my quiver as much as possible for travel though. The 6m has been my most favorite hydrofoil kite to date. The range for me is huge and overlaps a lot on my 10m even. I ride the Moses 633 on a Groove Skate 110cm, 80kg
What are the longest lines you run on your 6m? I'm running a 15m line set, and I have some 5m extensions that I could use but I'm lazy and typically don't bother. Maybe when I switch down from 10m on 15m lines I should go to 6m on 20m lines? I never feel like that makes *that huge* of a difference though.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:25 pm

tkaraszewski wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:15 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
What are the longest lines you run on your 6m? I'm running a 15m line set, and I have some 5m extensions that I could use but I'm lazy and typically don't bother. Maybe when I switch down from 10m on 15m lines I should go to 6m on 20m lines? I never feel like that makes *that huge* of a difference though.
Ah that’s most likely why you aren’t getting as much of a range out of your 6m. I’m usually running the stock 23m lines on my 6m and will run up to 30m lines on my 10m to get a better lower end. Longer lines give you a longer power stroke which greatly helps your low wind limit. The 6m turns so quickly that the longer lines have no effect really on turning speed.

tkaraszewski
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Moses/F-One/Flysurfer mostly

Postby tkaraszewski » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:17 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:25 pm
tkaraszewski wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:15 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
Ah that’s most likely why you aren’t getting as much of a range out of your 6m. I’m usually running the stock 23m lines on my 6m and will run up to 30m lines on my 10m to get a better lower end. Longer lines give you a longer power stroke which greatly helps your low wind limit. The 6m turns so quickly that the longer lines have no effect really on turning speed.
Alright, I'll run longer lines on both kites at the bottom of their ranges and see what that does. I have enough spare line here to build some more extensions, can probably go to 25m or so.

Darky
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Waddenzee
Ijsselmeer
Noordzee
Favorite Beaches: Stavoren
Mirns
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Speedball
Liquidforce nv
Been thanked: 0

Postby Darky » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:27 am

Thans for all the info is there anyone that uses the 9m and dan tell me the windrange

Return to “Foil Kites”