Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:40 pm

I also ride a 6/10 Soul quiver and for me it works great but I do change line lengths. I also had an 8 but I greatly regret selling it because it was fantastic on a twintip. I’m always trying to slim down my quiver as much as possible for travel though. The 6m has been my most favorite hydrofoil kite to date. The range for me is huge and overlaps a lot on my 10m even. I ride the Moses 633 on a Groove Skate 110cm, 80kg

tkaraszewski
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Hood River
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer/Mikes Lab kite, Ozone/Moses wing

Postby tkaraszewski » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:15 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:40 pm
I also ride a 6/10 Soul quiver and for me it works great but I do change line lengths. I also had an 8 but I greatly regret selling it because it was fantastic on a twintip. I’m always trying to slim down my quiver as much as possible for travel though. The 6m has been my most favorite hydrofoil kite to date. The range for me is huge and overlaps a lot on my 10m even. I ride the Moses 633 on a Groove Skate 110cm, 80kg
What are the longest lines you run on your 6m? I'm running a 15m line set, and I have some 5m extensions that I could use but I'm lazy and typically don't bother. Maybe when I switch down from 10m on 15m lines I should go to 6m on 20m lines? I never feel like that makes *that huge* of a difference though.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:25 pm

tkaraszewski wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:15 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
What are the longest lines you run on your 6m? I'm running a 15m line set, and I have some 5m extensions that I could use but I'm lazy and typically don't bother. Maybe when I switch down from 10m on 15m lines I should go to 6m on 20m lines? I never feel like that makes *that huge* of a difference though.
Ah that’s most likely why you aren’t getting as much of a range out of your 6m. I’m usually running the stock 23m lines on my 6m and will run up to 30m lines on my 10m to get a better lower end. Longer lines give you a longer power stroke which greatly helps your low wind limit. The 6m turns so quickly that the longer lines have no effect really on turning speed.

tkaraszewski
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Hood River
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer/Mikes Lab kite, Ozone/Moses wing

Postby tkaraszewski » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:17 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:25 pm
tkaraszewski wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:15 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
Ah that’s most likely why you aren’t getting as much of a range out of your 6m. I’m usually running the stock 23m lines on my 6m and will run up to 30m lines on my 10m to get a better lower end. Longer lines give you a longer power stroke which greatly helps your low wind limit. The 6m turns so quickly that the longer lines have no effect really on turning speed.
Alright, I'll run longer lines on both kites at the bottom of their ranges and see what that does. I have enough spare line here to build some more extensions, can probably go to 25m or so.

Darky
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Waddenzee
Ijsselmeer
Noordzee
Favorite Beaches: Stavoren
Mirns
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Speedball
Liquidforce nv
Been thanked: 0

Postby Darky » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:27 am

Thans for all the info is there anyone that uses the 9m and dan tell me the windrange

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Armin Harich » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:09 pm

To define a Windrange is not that easy. I depends more on skills, wind conditions, Board, ...

I speak here more about windrange, as there where questions about Sonic 3.

The SOUL 9.0 was my main kite since I use now the SONIC 3 9.0 as my main kite. With a great Hydrofoil Levitaz Shaka M and MioBoard I had plenty of fun with 10 knt already.

Cheers, Armin
These users thanked the author Armin Harich for the post:
Oldman (Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:08 am)
Rating: 8.33%

Kristan
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Plescheevo lake
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Flysurfer Soul 12m, Blade Fat Lady 17m, Flysurfer Pulse2 14m. Boards: Crazyfly Raptor 140x42, Flysurfer Flydoor4 170x50

Postby Kristan » Wed May 06, 2020 11:20 am

I need an advice. I'm having troubles steering my 12m Soul. With 50cm Infinity 3.0 bar it takes quite some effort, sometimes a bit too much that one of my nerves shoots through my forearm, which is quite nasty. I mean casual riding doesn't require that much steering, but with intense traffic I'm having troubles maneuvering, so I'm trying to get enough preemptive free space before maneuvering.

Would a bigger bar solve that issue? I'm thinking of Force Control 55-63. Not a fan of my current bar anyway. Also I know that there are some mixer settings that help with steering, yet there is written that it also reduces stability, which is not great for gusty conditions that I have.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Wed May 06, 2020 12:21 pm

IMO its crazy they recommend the 50cm bar. I ride 60 and yes it will make a difference on responsiveness. It won't make much difference on bar pressure though. You might also look at your line lengths and make sure all is in order.

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: https://goo.gl/maps/bc4TAhGN26ewTLJW9
Style: Freeride
Gear: *

Postby Janus » Wed May 06, 2020 1:02 pm

I fly the 12m on M bar, no problem. one hand steering. (at 10 kts on hydrofoil)
Edit: I fly on shorter lines.

Before getting another bar:
Check lines, do a long mixer test. Don't be afraid for instability.
Make al briddle lines equal at long mixer test, check Armin's vid's.
If you find more instability at gusty conditions (tips collapsing) shorten C with 1cm, (B will follow 2:1) Go Fly the kite again, problem solved? if not shorten C again with 1cm.

The tubing on the depower lines on the Force Control bar is very nice, much nicer feel then the unsheeted line on the infinity bar setup imo, so you won't regret buying it i guess.

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Armin Harich » Wed May 06, 2020 8:52 pm

Hi Kristan.

The SOUL should me more on the light side compared to the most kites.
Otherwise maybe the Mixer C/B-Main is too long, which result to more bar pressured as breaklines at the trailing edge get too much tension. Compared it with an other SOUL Barpressure to check that.

Long mixer test can be done here.

Return to “Foil Kites”