Style: Twintip & hydrofoil
Gear: Naish Pivots 6m, 7m, 9m
Naish Boxer 12m
Ozone Chrono V4 13m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pulsion 18m

Postby dave1986 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:35 pm

Can the Pulsion be purchased in the UK?

How does the 18m Pulsion compare in price to an 18m Ozone Chrono V4, or an 18m Flysurfer Sonic 3?

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:35 pm

I think that concept air (canada) sends in UK yes ; for the price, it is the number on the site (2650 CAD= 1626 pounds) plus part of the VAT of your country , the shipment and the bank fee, so overall about 150-200 Pounds to add I would say.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:26 pm

one session 5 month ago very light wind, , with good music, a backlog at the lowest limit , and a jump of fish just under my eyes :
These users thanked the author Regis-de-giens for the post (total 2):
sonny2727 (Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:01 am) • Trent hink (Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:20 am)
Rating: 6.06%

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:58 pm

Nice to see the video Regis, that the 18 has higher AR just like you said so even more low end because of that also, and not just because of more area.
Turning will be compromised of course, but doesn't matter much when marginal conditions :naughty:

8) Peter

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:46 pm

Thanks.
It is slow turninh but mainly due to poor wind (turning speed decreases with wind speed of course).

But it remains far more agile than the higher AR like the Aero Peter Lynn or sonic2 or elf that I tried. So to me it is the good balance (efficience/stability/agility) for very low winds.

I compared pulsion 12m "standard" with pulsion "S" 12m (higer aspect ratio, same cloth and Weight) , and the lowest wind ridable was clearly better with the lower AR of the standard pulsion. l'ESS speed but more grunt to do the waterstart...

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:54 pm

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:46 pm
Thanks.
It is slow turninh but mainly due to poor wind (turning speed decreases with wind speed of course).

But it remains far more agile than the higher AR like the Aero Peter Lynn or sonic2 or elf that I tried. So to me it is the good balance (efficience/stability/agility) for very low winds.

I compared pulsion 12m "standard" with pulsion "S" 12m (higer aspect ratio, same cloth and Weight) , and the lowest wind ridable was clearly better with the lower AR of the standard pulsion. l'ESS speed but more grunt to do the waterstart...

That is completely different to my experiences....

Eventhough I dont know these two kites in 12 m2 relative to each other, but maybe the high aspect has a very flat less powerful profile?

My problem with grunty kites is, they dont have sufficient speed so too little peak powerspike and I can not waterstart.

Which is the critical point - once up on the board, one can ride in even lower wind, than possible to waterstart.

You have found the opposite - that you can waterstart better with a grunty kite than a peak power kite?

8) Peter

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:13 am

yes indeed it is my personal feeling ; I must precise, it is for my very light weight , with very light kite and lines : so in a very minimal wind where only few UL kites hang in the air (pulsion, frs , Falcon, ect).

But indeed, in this situation, the power generated by a grunt kite is delivered during more time (even if instant max peak could be slightly below, to be discussed, but in too short time before you have to re-direct the kite) and the fact that loops are more efficient (higher AR kite loose too much power when turning in light wind , one tip is "backstaling" , even with a very large turning) ; and when you need to work the kite or do several loops in a raw, the middle AR kite becomes more efficient to keep a minimal pull that allows you to remain up on the board before foiling-up.

I should test a kite of same weight with same lines but higher AR, on same day , etc ... but I played a lot with several kite in marginal winds...
And again, the difference between the 2 Pulsions has shown this clearly (same manufacturer, same cloth, and I played with the mixer test on both kite, both on snow and hydrofoil) ;

When wind is just slightly higher, then I agree that you can benefit of the better instant speed / peak of higher AR kites in straight line , and without suffering from its degraded glide during a turn. But not for the lowest low ends, where, in my experience, the better turning (and glide ratio when re-directing the kite) of the lower AR takes advantage for waterstart phase; My lowest end on the peter Lynn Aero 17m, even if very light weight kite, (very high AR), was not as good as Pulsion 15m. Same for ELF 15m or Sonic2 15m I tried where I needed 1 full more knot to ride.

It is hard to get a real back-to-back test , but this is my personal findings.

bitxopalo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 65
Style: Lazy style
Gear: Gong Matata 5.0
flysurfer peak 3&5
Gong Allvator curve M
Concept'air Pulsion 12&18

Postby bitxopalo » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:30 pm

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 8:48 am
The stopper is placed on the SPL B, just before the connection to C ; Actually it decreases camber (B) at the very end of the sheet-out stroke.
Hi Regis, whereis placed exactly the stopper? ...is a knot?

I suppouse is there¿?... but if the kite is at the zenit and this mod decreases the camber, in my little experience it would go forward and take the risk of overfly me, isn't it? or it works different.... the same airfoil with less camber creates less drag in the low lift zone (IMO) eexample (naca 2412 vs naca 1012), I want for the kite at zenit to be a little backward, to avoid problems.

As I live in "low wind country", and have to improve my light wind skills and materials ...if I want to ride, I appreciate a lot your videos explanations and effort to share your skills.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:26 pm

Thank you bitxopalo. Great if it Can help.

Indeed you sketch is correct . It is an old message , so i need to remember since i changed my setting now.

The kite was Indeed more stable to allow letting the bar fully go and swimm backward without frontstall in lulls. It does not change the camber in itself. It changes the local angle on AB only. The overall camber ACZ is not impacted with this mod. This was the objective.

But this modification led unfortunetelly to loose too much power for waterstart so i came back in a normal setting on my current pulsion. I even increased the camber. It is a bit less stable but more grunt and agility with this setting like on this video
These users thanked the author Regis-de-giens for the post:
bitxopalo (Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:42 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

bitxopalo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 65
Style: Lazy style
Gear: Gong Matata 5.0
flysurfer peak 3&5
Gong Allvator curve M
Concept'air Pulsion 12&18

Postby bitxopalo » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:56 pm

I had the same problem swimming backwards with the kite in its low limit. To keep the bar sheeted in, I use a sliding stopped, as soon as my feet are on the board I move the stopper up.

Is the black pieces here:

Return to “Foil Kites”