do yourself a favour and skip this idea.
I actualy fly all price levels of foil kites from exaggerated SonicRace down to simple but good ConceptAir Wave and I am always interested to see if new designs are coming up like lecca-lecca:
But when I had a Pansh in my hand from a friend on the beach 1 or 2 years ago the impression out of 19 years of foil kite flying, repairing, testing and partially developing was:
I don't even want to waste a minute of my time with this one. 18 years ago tinkering my self on bridles of in this age very basic kites made me also believe, that it is 90% about a good bridle. But it is not, it is 90% about the canopy and you can't tinker a garbage bag to a kite by tinkering on the bridle, you just will make the garbage bag flying, thats all. And especially as beginner in foil kites you don't want to waste your time with this one:
If you need even more independend impressions, just check who is flying Pansh kites and what those guyes are doing with them in real world (not the 100 pages in forums):
and who flies for example other cheap constructions, but serious by good riders developed kites and what they are doing with the kites in comparision:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ptair+kite
VB705 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:18 pmLooking to try a foil kite for free ride hydrofoiling and some twin tip. I see a few older models of various brands for sale often.
Not really sure which brands and versions to stay away from or are not friendly to the beginner foil kiter.
Any suggestions on which models?
Your first question was already the right idea, to give you some short answers and posibilities:
- as too much race: FS all Sonics; Ozone all R1 and Chrono V1; Fone Diablo, …
Yes and No:
- FS Pulse 2 (ca. 2010) a bit old and not too much depower and upwind, but easy and for the first steps if getting cheap and not too much used, maybe
- Flysurfer Speed 3, if yes just in the heavy but rare "normal" cloth not Deluxe as if used a lot will loose its watertightness, or maybe one of the younger "colored Edition" which should be a Deluxe+
Yes (from easy to hard):
- Ozone Hyperlink not tried, but can't go wrong, should be easy
- Flysurfer Speed 4 Lotus (not normal) best size in 10 m² little risk to get cracks inside if crashing it hard but very light and also good relaunch and if not crashing will live extremely long.
- Flysurfer Speed 5, more freerace orientated sorfter barfeeling and a bit harder relaunch, but if you feel that you have the experience maybe also ok.
- Ozone Chrono 2, just shortly tested, but similar to Speed 5, if you want to risk, that it can be a bit to hard, but with for sure better / harder bar feeling as FS, but worser relaunch
just seen: User "Adventure Log" has already recommended pretty much the same