Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer Soul, BRM Clouds, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Chrono V3 Vs Flysurfer Soul

Postby PurdyKiter » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:23 pm

jyka wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:12 am
People are saying soul is more stable. No doubt it is. But I have 13m v2 chrono and it's also so super easy and stable. Haven't had any problems with instability. Other people also keep asking when I have dropped it to water, how did you manage it get it up :D I'm also wondering it by myself every time
I'm a rookie to Souls and every time I water relaunch post-crash I ask myself "What did I just do?" Seems to relaunch with minimal input from me.... or it doesn't :(

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:57 pm

PurdyKiter wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:23 pm
jyka wrote:
People are saying soul is more stable. No doubt it is. But I have 13m v2 chrono and it's also so super easy and stable. Haven't had any problems with instability. Other people also keep asking when I have dropped it to water, how did you manage it get it up :D I'm also wondering it by myself every time
I'm a rookie to Souls and every time I water relaunch post-crash I ask myself "What did I just do?" Seems to relaunch with minimal input from me.... or it doesn't :(
You’ll get adjusted in how to relaunch a foil. Sometimes it requires back swimming to put tension on the lines. Other times it requires numerous “yanks” or a large amount of pulling on one line. I don’t remember the last time I haven’t been able to relaunch my foil short of the wind dropping basically down to nothing. This is why I think the Soul is the best out in the market right now. It’s ability to relaunch is the best there is. Can’t wait for the next Sonic. I predict more performance with almost the same ease of handling.

dave1986
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: .

Postby dave1986 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:38 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:57 pm
PurdyKiter wrote:
jyka wrote:
You’ll get adjusted in how to relaunch a foil. Sometimes it requires back swimming to put tension on the lines. Other times it requires numerous “yanks” or a large amount of pulling on one line. I don’t remember the last time I haven’t been able to relaunch my foil short of the wind dropping basically down to nothing. This is why I think the Soul is the best out in the market right now. It’s ability to relaunch is the best there is. Can’t wait for the next Sonic. I predict more performance with almost the same ease of handling.
Out of interest, have you directly compared the Soul to most or all other options? I have no doubt that the Soul is fantastic, I'm just interested to know which other kites that you're comparing it with that you flew?

PurdyKiter
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Jones Beach, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer Soul, BRM Clouds, Moses

Postby PurdyKiter » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:26 am

dave1986 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:38 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
PurdyKiter wrote:

Out of interest, have you directly compared the Soul to most or all other options? I have no doubt that the Soul is fantastic, I'm just interested to know which other kites that you're comparing it with that you flew?
If you're asking me... Nope. I went from Park to Pivots to Clouds (for 4 years Clouds) and now I'm dabbling in Souls. Clearly a world apart from my usual Cloud experience.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:54 pm

dave1986 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:38 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
PurdyKiter wrote:

I've flown Speeds, Sonics, Pyschos, Chronos, and kitechs. Haven't gotten my hands on a hyperlink and I definitely want to try a Nova sometime.

Return to “Foil Kites”