Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer Peak 4

For all foil kite riders
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1991
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:58 pm
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 346 times

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby Regis-de-giens » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:34 pm

a short video of a test in very light wind (too light for fun); sorry the camera is not focussed on the kite, but at least you can see probably the easiest / faster launch of any foil kite (except Firefly even more easy)

geron
Frequent Poster
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:08 am
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Progreso,Yucatan
Gear: TT & foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby geron » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:03 pm

Janus wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:17 pm
27kts is the max for me on the3m. 70kg
I only have the 4m as my smallest peak. Today I tried these 4m in 25 to 30 knots on a wave nomad tt.

A downwind along the beach cost line with this might be the greatest experience yet. The agility of this board and kite in waves downwind in high winds (Low 30 knots seemed very possible); and the sense of security this also gives. 👌

mister-z
Rare Poster
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:44 am
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 180
Local Beach: San Diego
Style: poor
Gear: AXIS Tray 94 + 760 foil, 12m Hyperlink, 5m Peak4, Cabrinha LEIs, shitty old TT that I need to replace
Brand Affiliation: AXIS ambassador
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby mister-z » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:40 am

Onda wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 pm
Hi all you Peak lovers,
I´m super happy with my 5 m² Peak4. Now I´m contemplating on getting the 8 m² version as well.
The 5 m² works for me from 11/12 kts until maybe 17 kts (75 kg / Moses 633).

Will the 8 m² cover 8/9 kts to 12 kts?
Would be very interested to hear about your experiences regarding the wind range of the 8 m².

Many thanks in advance :-)
I can't offer a number, but what I can say is two days ago, as the wind dropped at our flat water spot, the 8m P4 was the last man standing. Outlasted a 15m Chrono and a 6m* Kitech FRS. All three of these riders are experienced light winders. Also outlasted a 17m OR Aluula Flite, but I don't know the skill level of that pilot.

I personally only have a 5m right now, but am becoming more and more tempted to get an 8...

*Corrected from earlier version of the post claiming the Kitech was a 12m.
Last edited by mister-z on Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author mister-z for the post:
zivshr (Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:16 am)
Rating: 3.03%

ice
Medium Poster
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:46 am
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby ice » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:41 am

Onda wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 pm
Hi all you Peak lovers,
I´m super happy with my 5 m² Peak4. Now I´m contemplating on getting the 8 m² version as well.
The 5 m² works for me from 11/12 kts until maybe 17 kts (75 kg / Moses 633).

Will the 8 m² cover 8/9 kts to 12 kts?
Would be very interested to hear about your experiences regarding the wind range of the 8 m².

Many thanks in advance :-)
I just got the 8m. Had it out a few times. I reckon 3 knots better at the low end compared to the 5m. Top end similarly 3 knots lower.

I am heavier than you at 90 kg so for me the 8m seems to be 10knts to 13knots. 5m 13knots to 16knots. talking sweet spots.

ice
Medium Poster
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:46 am
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby ice » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:47 am

Ok, so we have been foiling on water with Peak4's for a while now.

Anyone finding issues with canopy wear, due to the flutter?

Yes, I try to minimise flutter by sheeting in and changing to smaller kites.

User avatar
bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1519
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp
Location: 43.5320° S, 172.6306° E
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 328 times
Contact:

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby bragnouff » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:01 am

ice wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:47 am
Anyone finding issues with canopy wear, due to the flutter?
Nah, nothing so far, after a year of pretty frequent usage. And I put a fair bit of sand or snow on all the trailing edge for setup and hot launches, and I haven't noticed any sign of wear due to that. Same, I try to minimize the flutter, not because I worry about the kite, but just for comfort, and for the pleasure on being on the right size.
These users thanked the author bragnouff for the post:
andrzej351 (Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:27 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

xoen
Medium Poster
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:34 pm
Local Beach: Castelldefels, Mar bella, Riumar
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Flysurfer Speed Lotus 15m. 2013 Cabrinha Switchblades 7,9,12 m/ Shinnster/Cabrinha Tronic/Sroka Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby xoen » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:55 pm

mister-z wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:40 am
Onda wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 pm
Hi all you Peak lovers,
I´m super happy with my 5 m² Peak4. Now I´m contemplating on getting the 8 m² version as well.
The 5 m² works for me from 11/12 kts until maybe 17 kts (75 kg / Moses 633).

Will the 8 m² cover 8/9 kts to 12 kts?
Would be very interested to hear about your experiences regarding the wind range of the 8 m².

Many thanks in advance :-)
I can't offer a number, but what I can say is two days ago, as the wind dropped at our flat water spot, the 8m P4 was the last man standing. Outlasted a 15m Chrono and a 12m Kitech FRS. All three of these riders are experienced light winders. Also outlasted a 17m OR Aluula Flite, but I don't know the skill level of that pilot.

I personally only have a 5m right now, but am becoming more and more tempted to get an 8...
How can it be ? why do 5 m peaks 4s have more power than ither kites'bigger sizes? is it because they are faster?

drsurf
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:42 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NSW South Coast
Gear: Too much too describe
Brand Affiliation: Whatever I sell
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 267 times
Contact:

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby drsurf » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:30 pm

xoen wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:55 pm
mister-z wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:40 am
Onda wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 pm
Hi all you Peak lovers,
I´m super happy with my 5 m² Peak4. Now I´m contemplating on getting the 8 m² version as well.
The 5 m² works for me from 11/12 kts until maybe 17 kts (75 kg / Moses 633).

Will the 8 m² cover 8/9 kts to 12 kts?
Would be very interested to hear about your experiences regarding the wind range of the 8 m².

Many thanks in advance :-)
I can't offer a number, but what I can say is two days ago, as the wind dropped at our flat water spot, the 8m P4 was the last man standing. Outlasted a 15m Chrono and a 12m Kitech FRS. All three of these riders are experienced light winders. Also outlasted a 17m OR Aluula Flite, but I don't know the skill level of that pilot.

I personally only have a 5m right now, but am becoming more and more tempted to get an 8...
How can it be ? why do 5 m peaks 4s have more power than ither kites'bigger sizes? is it because they are faster?
I've heard that Flysurfer Wizard Armin Harich sprinkles magic dust on each Peak4 kite :o

Well that's the scientific explanation anyway ... :D

drsurf
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:42 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NSW South Coast
Gear: Too much too describe
Brand Affiliation: Whatever I sell
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 267 times
Contact:

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby drsurf » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:36 pm

Peak4 8m, last kite standing in light wind :o


a99
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1040
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:10 am
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 546 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby a99 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:18 pm

What whas about wind in this session? I think 6-7 knots.


Return to “Foil Kites”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bohme, Turbaani and 20 guests