I recently bought a second-hand conceptair Pulsion 3.69m2 that tested today. This foilkite is so small that it deserves a dedicated post ...
When packed, It enters in a shoes carton box !!! Or 15 liters back pack.
My objective is both wave-foil riding in high wind and ponctual use on snow with very high winds.
Today was without waves but extreme irregular wind : from 7 knots lulls to 45 knots gusts and variable orientation within a minute. Local kiters were sitting on the beach praying for smoother conditions to come.
I launched the kite very easily (middle of the wind window and felt very safe on the beach so i took my large hydrofoil (1200cm2) and tried ... (we have rocks shelters around)
It worked well even if i am not used to such conditions and small kites. Kite is safe and agile enough, but not too much ( like could a 4m LEI be, at least too much for my comfort and taste).
- Depower is good ; 45 knots seems the limit for my light weight. Even with this small size, a trim is useful.
- lower end is hard to announce due to the wind varations today but I would say between 10 knots and 14 knots to be confirmed when steady.
- 1 relaunch from the water : same technics as LEI .... but fare more rapid and easy !
- stability is incredible and combined to its excellent drift you can let the bar go and kite stays up almost alone even in gusts.
- when drastic turbulences collapse the kite, it closes in two during 1-3 seconds but re-open very smoothly even in the middle of the window (i was so in confidence that i have even let the bar fully go while it was re-opening just to see and get no "ejection". This is a good point for snowkite .
- I was not in confort overall in these conditions but I was the only one riding 3x30 minutes (others tt and foilers tried and gave up rapidly).
- loop is powerfull (like bigger pulsions). This could be disturbing in waves if not prepared to but provides a very good low end.
I am very happy with it. The combo with large hydrofoil leads to incredible wind range ... and riding with such a micro-kite is awsome (agility, space in the window for loops) ... and I could envisage even smaller !