Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Peter Lynn Nova

For all foil kite riders
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Peter Lynn Nova

Postby Regis-de-giens » Mon May 27, 2019 7:41 am

Any comparison with another moderate ration foilkite that you could have tested ? (Soul, pulsion, hyperlink, frs, halo ) .
Any drawbacks ?
Thank you.

kitejumping
Medium Poster
Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites

Postby kitejumping » Thu May 30, 2019 5:33 pm

I got my 8m and took it out snowkiting yesterday evening. Inflates easier than the Aero v2, really smooth power delivery and you don't have to worry about redirecting it back during jumps as quickly as you do with race foils. I flew it on my 60cm bar with line extensions (bigger bar and longer lines makes loops easier when climbing). Loops are slower and easier to do than the aero as the power delivery is more predictable and with the big bar trimmed just right I could stall it and kill the power with it pulled all the way in or make it spin like a helicopter (both fun foil kite features). When looping race kites they tend to take off in speed and surge in power, so the slower looping speed is much easier to manage. Slightly more bar pressure than the Aero, but less pressure than the Charger V3s. The wind was amazingly good, so hard to do a proper comparison as I usually kite in gusty unpredictable winds at 11,500 to 12,500ft elevation. Also had 6 to 8in of fresh powder, did 24 miles on it, 5,732ft of vertical (up and down) over 3 hours. As far as making flying foil kites more accessible to LEI riders, they really nailed it with this kite.

queneseb
Medium Poster
Gear: Peterlynn NOVA
Peterlynn AEROv2
Peterlynn HOOK
Brand Affiliation: Peterlynn
Chubanga
Has thanked: 0

Postby queneseb » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:15 pm

I have some clip of the NVOA from facebook, how could i integrate the video here?

mar menor
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 70kgs
Local Beach: Mar Menor - los narejos ,la llana, Cabo de palos
Favorite Beaches: Calblanque, El Pinet
Gear: Ozone Alpha V2 10m,PLKB Ozone Alpha v1 8m,PLKB Synergy and Swell 8m & 6m
Boards-Groove skate and moses 633 and 679,north fish.ocean rodeo mako,Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Ozone ,PLKB,Prolimit

Postby mar menor » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:55 pm

Nova soon to be released in Ultra Light version..

queneseb
Medium Poster
Gear: Peterlynn NOVA
Peterlynn AEROv2
Peterlynn HOOK
Brand Affiliation: Peterlynn
Chubanga
Has thanked: 0

Postby queneseb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:08 pm

I receipt it yesterday !!
Canopy is amazing ! try it this week end on the water !

here a quick pics
20190718_181626.jpg

Macster
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne
Gear: Moses and Ozone

Postby Macster » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:38 pm

I bought the 6m Nova. Only used it once so far. Incredibly got me going from 9-10 knots on 23m lines at 85kgs. Rode it all the way up to 20 knots.

Not use to such a small foil kite and how responsive it is, lost positioning / timibg a few times in transitions but started to get the hang of it after 30mins.

Really looking forward to putting it through its paces. I also own the 8m Soul. Huge overlap and very close in bottom end. I'll probably sell my 8m Soul as a result in time.

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Grandmesa CO
Favorite Beaches: Ivanpah CA, Metro Park MI, 6 Mile on lake Mohave NV. Daulpin island Al
Style: Snow kiting, buggy, water
Gear: 21m Flysurfer Soul, 17m LEI Cabrinha Contra, 13m Waroo LEI, 11 m foil Frenzy Ozone, 11m Lei Escape PL, 9m Lei Nemesis Best, 7m Lei Waroo, 6m foil apex HQ, 174 SB for the Pow, 169 split SB for the outback, Cabrinha 154 twin tip for the lake, 600 switchback Polaris to get me there, and why not add in a nice new big foot buggy for that once a year buggy blast at Ivanpah.

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:02 pm

kitejumping wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:33 pm
I got my 8m and took it out snowkiting yesterday evening. Inflates easier than the Aero v2, really smooth power delivery and you don't have to worry about redirecting it back during jumps as quickly as you do with race foils. I flew it on my 60cm bar with line extensions (bigger bar and longer lines makes loops easier when climbing). Loops are slower and easier to do than the aero as the power delivery is more predictable and with the big bar trimmed just right I could stall it and kill the power with it pulled all the way in or make it spin like a helicopter (both fun foil kite features). When looping race kites they tend to take off in speed and surge in power, so the slower looping speed is much easier to manage. Slightly more bar pressure than the Aero, but less pressure than the Charger V3s. The wind was amazingly good, so hard to do a proper comparison as I usually kite in gusty unpredictable winds at 11,500 to 12,500ft elevation. Also had 6 to 8in of fresh powder, did 24 miles on it, 5,732ft of vertical (up and down) over 3 hours. As far as making flying foil kites more accessible to LEI riders, they really nailed it with this kite.
Great report kitejumping. We have to get together next winter. I just got my 21soul last winter and am thinking of purchasing a smaller foil maybe 15m was thinking Soul again really like it. But the nova has me intrigued. I have an old 2nd gen PL escape and it just keeps on going great kite. Any chance we could get together at maybe Big Mac or Blue Mesa I would love to test fly that nova and what did you pay for it. I cannot find a dealer in us that even carries it. :o
Last edited by Anthonyshopguy on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:27 pm

Macster wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:38 pm
I bought the 6m Nova. Only used it once so far. Incredibly got me going from 9-10 knots on 23m lines at 85kgs. Rode it all the way up to 20 knots.

Not use to such a small foil kite and how responsive it is, lost positioning / timibg a few times in transitions but started to get the hang of it after 30mins.

Really looking forward to putting it through its paces. I also own the 8m Soul. Huge overlap and very close in bottom end. I'll probably sell my 8m Soul as a result in time.
How would you compare on the bar pressure? Turning speed? I know the 6 will be much faster but how does it react to bar inputs? Any other large differences you can see?

Macster
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne
Gear: Moses and Ozone

Postby Macster » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:28 am

Adventure Logs wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:27 pm
Macster wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:38 pm

How would you compare on the bar pressure? Turning speed? I know the 6 will be much faster but how does it react to bar inputs? Any other large differences you can see?
Still only had the one session unfortunately. I did the fly the 12m Nova as well before buying the 6m. The 12m Nova had higher bar pressure than the 12m soul which I also own but I actually liked the pressure for more feedback . Turning speed was a bit slower on the 12m Nova than Flysurfer but low end was notably more. I liked the Soul slightly better in the 12m due to its agility but I really like this smaller sized Nova and I do think its a contender / replacement for the 7m and maybe even 8m Soul.

I suspect (need to count chambers and bridals to confirm) the Nova is more rigid and twists less than the Soul. This could explain why it turns slower but has more grunt.

Btw I don't have a lot of foil kite experience just the hyperlink, soul, chrono v3 and diablo, now Nova.

Sorry, will write more when I have something more useful to say from more ride time. Definitely worth a test ride.

mar menor
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 70kgs
Local Beach: Mar Menor - los narejos ,la llana, Cabo de palos
Favorite Beaches: Calblanque, El Pinet
Gear: Ozone Alpha V2 10m,PLKB Ozone Alpha v1 8m,PLKB Synergy and Swell 8m & 6m
Boards-Groove skate and moses 633 and 679,north fish.ocean rodeo mako,Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Ozone ,PLKB,Prolimit

Postby mar menor » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:50 pm

I have the 10m and love it,will the UL be significantly better? I have seen many comments re Ozones that UL has much better performance.

Return to “Foil Kites”