Peterlynn AEROv2
Peterlynn HOOK
Brand Affiliation: Peterlynn
Chubanga
Has thanked: 0

Re: Peter Lynn Nova

Postby queneseb » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Hi all,

So here is my review of @Peterlynn Nova in 10 sqm.

Background : owner of sonif FR/v2, Aero v1/v2, Diablo 4, Ozone r1v2, Mikes lab 3 & 4, chubanga v1/2, spotz etc.. I ride on HF since 4 years and pretty good result in comp. I leave in caribbean, so the test is in SUNNY/WAR, REGULAR WIND from 8 to 25 knot.

First i want to copy and paste the feedback i send directly to PL, uncut, to be as unbiased as possible :

" Hi XXX, first try of hte Nova today ! Really really enjoy it ! its a toy ! was kind of the hook for foiling (nb:Peterlynn inflatable) but feel the Nova better!
Kite is so easy to use, no preinflation, put it on the ground and go.
No tangle with ear, easy to relaunch and reverse relaunch on the water. Very good for hydrofoil in light wind without the hight ratio technical stuff. Pleasure of foil kite with the easilu side of inflatable.
As far as i'm used with short line on 10 sqm (11m), i try it on 23m line, think its too much and found the kite a little bit slow (turn), think 18-20m line lenght should be better"

"Try it in 16m line lenght. Was abble to ride in light wind but i think a 18+3m set should be good. Same mood like yesterday. Myabe i expected a quicker turning speed in shorten line lenght. So easy to launch alone and relaunch, it keep air a lot ! very impress and really discover a new way to ride a foil kite"

---

So first NOVA is a very user friendly foil kite, it's made for Foil and it's made for freeride and beginner on foil Kite. For me the kite change a lot my quiver because it become a must have because its so fun and easy to use ! Like i say the kite is a real toy, dedicaced for HF 100%

Launch : kite is easy to setup and launch, without pre-inflation, kite goes quick in the air totally inflate.

Relaunch : Very easy, you can relaunch it like a inflatable if you want, or reverse, it relaunch in weird position easily contrary to high ratio. Some friend who are 100% beginner on foil kite, test and used it and have 0 problem during their test on relaunch, pretty amazed as far as they thought a foil kite sink :allbegood:

Stability : i don't experient any unexpected closure of the kite, in stable or gusty condition.

Turning : it's pretty slow, seems to be a choice from Peterlynn to make it easier for beginner, but kite backstall and its easy to heli-loop. For Kiteloop like bridge on soul.. forget it ! it's not made for that

Bar pressure : more equilibrate in comparison to High ratio (witch pull hard on the harness), here the bar pressure is well distributed between front and back line (harness and bar). Very good feeling for me, some friend prefer when it pull more in the harness.

Speed : f*** ! this kite is Fast (unexpected !!) ... I reach speed over 38 knot on reaching, and made it several time !!
Here one of the track : http://www.sportstracklive.com/track/de ... pe/2540618

Jump/hangtime : Kite allow to jump high but hangtime is less in comparison to race kite, i prefer use it for big air on HF in the high windrange. But Nova allow to land easy and smooth compare to high ratio kite, i'm abble to made a small downloop when i touch the water with my HF to land as smooth as possible.

Angle : of course nothing compare with race kite, upwind skill is little bit better versus inflatable and same thing for the dowwind, but with a foil kite you dont have to move the kite into the wind window to reach the better angle

Power/depower/windrange : windrange of the kite is very good, i use it with 16m line lenght (75kg), abble to ride from 8 to 25knot. Better from 8 to 20, and 25 for extraball/big air and speed. I personnaly dont recommand to ride it with 21 or 23m line lenght.

Construction : i use the kite since 5 month regularly and it doesnt move, speedsystem dont move, i dont change anything yet and don't see any wikness or wear. Briddle are big in comparison of race kite

Maybe i miss something or feedback, let me know for question.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby foilholio » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:48 pm

queneseb wrote:speedsystem dont move

:roll: Ozone made that claim too at one point.

The kite doesn't look particularly innovative. The lack of LCL's or something better is disappointing and for that alone I wouldn't buy it.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:57 pm

Foilholio, are you putting LCL on the Pansh you spend so much time tuning?

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:42 pm

what is LCL?

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:15 pm

I think tomtom you are serious with the question.

LCL is Flysurfer name for little connection line which is load fuse designed to snap before bridle snaps or kite tears. They are easily replaceable one-by-one and allows bridle line swap also from the top. LCL also allows easy long mixer test and tune by larks heading bridle more around lcl knot to compensate bridle changes over time.

In non-lcl kite swapping bridle line requires disassembling from bottom up starting disassembling mixer and many levels of bridle. And bridle tuning you are out of luck.

Edit:
lcl know => lcl knot
like disassembling => starting disassembling
Last edited by joriws on Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:49 pm

Yea, it was serious question. Never realized that is important - im foil newbie :) Thanks

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Easy to tune up bridle using pigtails w/o LCL. Yes you do have to dissasemble from the bottom. Not a big deal. Every bridle line I have damaged was from abrasion e.g. at launch or land at a rocky spot. I've never broken a LCL.

I think LCL are nice but not a primary driver of my purchase decisions. Have Ozone and FS in my quiver now and some Pansh in the shed I need to sell. Maybe one day Nova?

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:10 pm

It is far from easy to disassemble mixer, and all of the bridles, then reassemble all the bridles and mixer. VS disconnect and reconnect a bridle or two at LCLs.

Pansh come with LCLs.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:36 pm

I was seriously considering a 4m but without an adjustable bridle, I'm out. Something like that is a must for me and smaller foils are more sensitive to bridle changes and without being able to bring it back into tune easily is a deal breaker. It's a shame, I have a lot of respect for Peter Lynn. I'd still love to demo on and do some comparisons but I don't even know where there's a dealer in the states.

=J-
These users thanked the author Adventure Logs for the post:
Clickmouse (Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:26 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Foil Kites”