Peter Lynn Nova

For all foil kite riders
Brian H
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Whiterock British Columbia
Favorite Beaches: Hurgada egypt
Style: Foilboarding
Gear: 120 groove skate board 110 & 150 Mhl lift. 9m hyperlink ultra light . 4m 5m 8m peak .4.5m Concept-air wave.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Peter Lynn Nova

Postby Brian H » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:57 am

I had a flysufer go down in the surf on a holiday and had 8 LCL break and I had my spare part kit with me and I was up and riding the kite the next day . If I ever had to do any bridle work I would put on lcl on a kite that doesn't have them as I have lots of them from old flysurfers kites ive owned .
These users thanked the author Brian H for the post:
foilholio (Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:27 am)
Rating: 3.03%

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:27 am

Adventure Logs wrote: I was seriously considering a 4m but without an adjustable bridle, I'm out. Something like that is a must for me and smaller foils are more sensitive to bridle changes and without being able to bring it back into tune easily is a deal breaker. It's a shame, I have a lot of respect for Peter Lynn. I'd still love to demo on and do some comparisons but I don't even know where there's a dealer in the states.

=J-
It is nice manufacturers like Flysurfer include adjustments. But it is actually quite easy to just add a few pigtails which you can adjust. A lone adjustment for Z is I find far superior to the Flysurfer method anyway.
Brian H wrote: I had a flysufer go down in the surf on a holiday and had 8 LCL break and I had my spare part kit with me and I was up and riding the kite the next day . If I ever had to do any bridle work I would put on lcl on a kite that doesn't have them as I have lots of them from old flysurfers kites ive owned .
Exactly.

The concept of the LCL as a fuse is very good. Having a simple tiny part break vs a bridle or worse, is much better. Flysurfer learnt this early on when kites literally exploded. Attachments would rip out and shred the kite into pieces. Failures could cascade into many bridles breaking.

I have found LCLs breaking in waves then saving kites from damage to the fabric many times. It is easy enough to carry spares to the beach, on you or even on the kite.

I will add that when Flysurfer switched to the stronger Pink LCLs they would tend to allow more damage to the kite or bridle. And as bridles get older they can get a lot weaker and will break before the LCL.

They are a great invention and it is stupid other brands don't use them.

mar menor
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 70kgs
Local Beach: Mar Menor - los narejos ,la llana, Cabo de palos
Favorite Beaches: Calblanque, El Pinet
Gear: Ozone Alpha V2 10m,PLKB Ozone Alpha v1 8m,PLKB Synergy and Swell 8m & 6m
Boards-Groove skate and moses 633 and 679,north fish.ocean rodeo mako,Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Ozone ,PLKB,Prolimit

Postby mar menor » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:13 pm

Anymore reviews of the NOVA ?

geokite
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Silver Strand, Mission Bay
Favorite Beaches: Sherman, Belmont
Style: Surf, Foil
Gear: Avoid the Triton foil board, made by Newind!

B: [Firewire SP, Kanaha MM, Triton] F: [Lift, Triton, Axis] K: [Kitech, Gin]

Postby geokite » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:11 am

queneseb wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Speed : f*** ! this kite is Fast (unexpected !!) ... I reach speed over 38 knot on reaching, and made it several time !!
Here one of the track : http://www.sportstracklive.com/track/de ... pe/2540618
That is disappointing. While I understand most want a fast kite, IMO this style kite should be slow. I'd like a small kite for high wind, nice and slow on the foil.

Kitech is coming along with a 6 and 4m kites that have been redesigned to not be very fast.

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:26 am

geokite wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:11 am
queneseb wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Speed : f*** ! this kite is Fast (unexpected !!) ... I reach speed over 38 knot on reaching, and made it several time !!
Here one of the track : http://www.sportstracklive.com/track/de ... pe/2540618
That is disappointing. While I understand most want a fast kite, IMO this style kite should be slow. I'd like a small kite for high wind, nice and slow on the foil.

Kitech is coming along with a 6 and 4m kites that have been redesigned to not be very fast.
Don't confuse straight line speed with an uncontrollable kite.

I found the 4m very playful and predictable with good feedback on the bar. Extremely fun to carve, loop and freeride with. Can't wait to ride it again!

Compared to a tube kite the smoothness is a pure joy as tubes wobble all over the place, feel very on-off and direct every gust and wobble into the bar and rider where the nova just hangs there and only moves and delivers power when you want.
These users thanked the author evan for the post:
geokite (Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:02 am)
Rating: 3.03%

queneseb
Medium Poster
Gear: Peterlynn NOVA
Peterlynn AEROv2
Peterlynn HOOK
Brand Affiliation: Peterlynn
Chubanga
Has thanked: 0

Postby queneseb » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:12 pm

Wow ! Don't expected all this answers ..

Yes there is not LCL ... But like a lot of brand isn't it ?

Gonna send you the speed system picture to avoid lot of missunderstanding ...

And last.. yes i reach 38knot, but i'm Fast by the way... on Chubanga.. don't think you can reach this kind of speed with other foil lol... but kite has a lot of depower... i just ride it full speed in the highwindrange to get that speed...

jannik
Medium Poster

Postby jannik » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:06 pm

andylc wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:25 pm
Is it just me or does that look like a blatant copy of a Hyperlink??
Ha ha you could say the same about most kites/products targeting the same market.
Consider the Hyperlink against the HQ Matrixx which came out in the first edition in, I think 2011 - maybe even 2010. Long before the Hyperlink. The below is version 3 from 2017 but HQ pretty much had that marked to themselves for 6-7 years after Flysurfer pulled the Psycho. For 2019 it has been discontinued and replaced by a new model complete with removable air intakes :lol:

mar menor
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 70kgs
Local Beach: Mar Menor - los narejos ,la llana, Cabo de palos
Favorite Beaches: Calblanque, El Pinet
Gear: Ozone Alpha V2 10m,PLKB Ozone Alpha v1 8m,PLKB Synergy and Swell 8m & 6m
Boards-Groove skate and moses 633 and 679,north fish.ocean rodeo mako,Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Ozone ,PLKB,Prolimit

Postby mar menor » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:08 am

If comparisons are done with the Hyperlink ,it really should be with the v2 as HL v1 no longer in production

kitejumping
Medium Poster
Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites

Postby kitejumping » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:17 pm

On all the Sonics I've had, never had an LCL break, just bridle lines, but usually those lines that did break were cut by ice shards so LCLs wouldn't help there. Looks like a fun kite but they need a 15 / 18 size.

queneseb
Medium Poster
Gear: Peterlynn NOVA
Peterlynn AEROv2
Peterlynn HOOK
Brand Affiliation: Peterlynn
Chubanga
Has thanked: 0

Postby queneseb » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:38 pm

Adventure Logs wrote: I was seriously considering a 4m but without an adjustable bridle, I'm out. Something like that is a must for me and smaller foils are more sensitive to bridle changes and without being able to bring it back into tune easily is a deal breaker. It's a shame, I have a lot of respect for Peter Lynn. I'd still love to demo on and do some comparisons but I don't even know where there's a dealer in the states.

=J-

Hey ! Kite is adjustable !! it's not a "Splice speed system" like VMG or sonic race, but adjustable by knots that you can remove and made it again up and down

Return to “Foil Kites”