Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Peter Lynn Nova

Postby elguapo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:58 am

Macster wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:38 pm
I bought the 6m Nova. Only used it once so far. Incredibly got me going from 9-10 knots on 23m lines at 85kgs. Rode it all the way up to 20 knots.

Not use to such a small foil kite and how responsive it is, lost positioning / timibg a few times in transitions but started to get the hang of it after 30mins.

Really looking forward to putting it through its paces. I also own the 8m Soul. Huge overlap and very close in bottom end. I'll probably sell my 8m Soul as a result in time.

well.

got my hands on a 4m...

now all i need are some decent winds
:-/

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster

Postby elguapo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:04 am

yeah..

no clue on upper and lower limits yet..
..and i've only used it on a foil..but i'm impressed so far.
i cant recall flying something with similar turning speed and maneuverability (maybe...similar to smaller brm clouds)

not sure if im ready put the 6m soul on the marketplace....but this 4m nova is making me consider it.

Macster
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne
Gear: Moses and Ozone

Postby Macster » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:32 am

Winter here and we either get just enough wind to launch a foil kite or it's nuking 25+ knots. So sadly after a month I have still only flown my 6m once...

kitejumping
Medium Poster
Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites

Postby kitejumping » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Macster wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:32 am
Winter here and we either get just enough wind to launch a foil kite or it's nuking 25+ knots. So sadly after a month I have still only flown my 6m once...
I've used my 4m a few times snowkiting, when its nuking its a rocket ship with super fast loops, but it has a nice consistent pull uphill like a t bar lift.

Macster
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne
Gear: Moses and Ozone

Postby Macster » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:55 am

Finally got another session in on the weekend. Started off at 15 knots and then rapidly built from 15 to 28 knots. Crazy gusts.

On full depower I could still hold the kite down on the moses 683 at 85kgs but it wasnt easy 23m lines. So I guess my max top end is 28-30 knots, sweet spot 15-20 knots.

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster

Postby elguapo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:21 pm

you got 25+ kts with a 6?......niiiice.

i can say i can not successfully use a 4m in 8-12ish kts on ~29m lines...
a slow double loop could get the butt out the water..but not reliably onto the foil. (winds were not constant..didnt want to risk swimming back)

NEkitesurfing
Frequent Poster

Postby NEkitesurfing » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:16 pm

I have choosen the NOVA Ultra Light in 10 sqm as my light wind option for Foilboarding and for training my foil kite skills. So far I had two sessions with wind that has varied between 5 and 12 knots and I'm really happy with my kite because it stays in the air when other kites are falling in the water, because I'm feeling more and more comfortable with it in a very short time and because I love Orange. Coming from tube kites I had expected that I need more time to get used to it especially on a foil board. But that is not the case. It feels like it helps me to train foot switches.
I use the NOVA with the Aviator M3 bar (53 cm, 19 m lines) My weight is around 67 kg and my board is the SHINN Jackson 128 equiped with the K2 Foil.

By the way the 10 sqm NOVA Ultra Light has a weight of 1485 g.

NEkitesurfing
Frequent Poster

Postby NEkitesurfing » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:02 pm

After a few more sessions with my NOVA Ultra Light on my Shinn Foil I'm really excited! The NOVA is really easy to use and to control even in gusty conditions and in anykind of maneuver. It make me think to switch completly from my tube kites to NOVA's in smaller sizes for stronger wind as well. The Aviator Race bar with thin lines and the ClamCleat Adjuster works very well too. The only part that could get an update would be the Quick Release. A ONE Click Quick Release would be nice to have.

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster

Postby elguapo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:39 pm

we got 35+ knots as dorian was passing by...
i rigged up the 4m nova on 10m lines..to make an attempt to play in the washing machine the waves were creating.

not overpowered at all.
but..the way the kites races to front after stalling.. is useful on long lines but on short lines the kite would often race behind me (and out of vision)
(i prefer the 4m on long lines)

also in strong gusty winds...the kite this a weird habit of inverting...and then reverting back to form.

the 4m also relaunches itself similar to a CA's Wave kite...whichs means it is as challenging as my old wave for self landing.

that's actually what this reminds me of... a more refined/updated wave.
i can drift..stall it far back in window while riding swell... but then have it race to front on a jib/needing power

mar menor
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 70kgs
Local Beach: Mar Menor - los narejos ,la llana, Cabo de palos
Favorite Beaches: Calblanque, El Pinet
Gear: Ozone Alpha V2 10m,PLKB Ozone Alpha v1 8m,PLKB Synergy and Swell 8m & 6m
Boards-Groove skate and moses 633 and 679,north fish.ocean rodeo mako,Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Ozone ,PLKB,Prolimit

Postby mar menor » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:29 am

10m Nova for sale,
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2403783

Return to “Foil Kites”