Rare Poster
Gear: Flysurfer Boost
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Trim Ozone Hyperlink

Postby Luchini » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Hi folks,

I've just been riding and still have the issue that I have to steer way more up if I go to right compare to the left.
For foil tack it feels the same way.

If I center the Kite there is no tendency to one side also double check the lines from the bar.

I've also downloaded the bridle chart but there isn't anything big as far I can tell.

Does anyone have this issue? The Soul got a trim option does the Hyperlink have at least a little option to adjust?

The Kite isn't actually old :-?

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Re: Trim Ozone Hyperlink

Postby jakemoore » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:31 am

Luchini wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:19 pm
I center the Kite there is no tendency to one side also double check the lines from the bar.
Does it fly true with the bar sheeted in and also depowered?

If you fly in light winds on the beach, does it turn the same right and left? Both powered and depowered?

If you look at the leading edge of the kite in the sky, is it symmetric, or does one side dimple more?

Are you stronger on one side?

I like to anchor all 4 bridle ends even at one point. Then under equal tension test the right and left side of the bridle at the kite for each pair of lines.

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Are your line lengths equal?

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Unstraight flight can be fixed. What you describe is a bit strange because it should have a tendency to go to one side at 12. Maybe it is the rear lines? I have described the process to straighten a kite out before, try search. The process is basically locate and eliminate asymmetry in the order of front lines then mixer end points in order A B C then Z, then even bridles left to right in same order. If all that doesn't work sew camber into a side of the kite.

Luchini
Rare Poster
Gear: Flysurfer Boost
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Luchini » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Check the lines again at the 12m and 9m. Also when I pulled the bar. And the tendency to one side was even more. Therefore I check the length again and there was indeed a cm difference. Will fly again next weekend and keep you updated.

Thanks folks

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Are both kites doing this? If not, swap bars/lines and see if the same thing occurs on the other non-affected kite.

Return to “Foil Kites”