Favorite Beaches: St Kilda
Gear: Duotone,Kauper, Ozone, Shinn, Flysurfer, Moses, Axis,Slingshot
Reo,Edge,Rebel,R1,
Sonic,Peak4,Soul,
Falcon
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best freeride bars for foil kites?

Postby sonny2727 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:12 am

short answer is ozone foil race v3 ...I have this in 62cm for Soul 15m and this combination is probably the best bar and kite freeride combo. Thing that's missing in ozone bar compare to say click bar is adjustable stopper which comes in handy when you loop the kite and spin bar in light conditions u don't want bar to go up and loose power...that said click bar is complicated and more things to break. Click bar you can loop endless without line crossing and massive depower range that will work well with small foil kite but not if you sheet in while looping.
All said I think currently Ozone bar is the best bar in the market, don't know new FS bar and Hyperlink v2 so BEST will change ...interesting times for foil kites..:)
These users thanked the author sonny2727 for the post:
noahsw (Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:04 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

noahsw
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Long Beach
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana, Belmont Shore
Style: Freeride foil
Gear: Flysurfer Sonics on Taaroa race board and Slingshot Ghosts on the Triton T1 monowing

Postby noahsw » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:04 pm

SalmonSlayer wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:29 pm
noahsw wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:47 pm
I'm looking for 50/60cm bars with 14-15m lines (preferably out of the box), relatively lightweight, long depower, strong enough for jumping, auto-untwist.

I ride Souls. It seems like my needs are in-between normal bars and race bars, but curious if anyone has found good options out there.

Thanks!
What does long depower mean? How long?

Auto-untwist is a tough one to get. I have heard that Core has one that works as well and the North Click bar. Having a QR/Chicken loop set up that you can manually untwist is the best option if you dont go with Core or the North (dutone?) Click bar.

I was referring to the throw. I'd like to be able to stretch my arm out completely.

But I also want to be able to trim the kite quite a bit if it ramps up.

br44
Frequent Poster
Gear: LEIs, foils

Postby br44 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:30 pm

tomtom wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:05 pm
Carbon one. There are many option, SK bar, Groove, and some other google it. Once you try bare carbon bar without EVA you will not going back,
I need a couple of extra bars myself. SK and Groove don't work for me - too expensive and not worth it for casual use. Any cheaper ones? Also can you forward the link to carbon DIY bar if you have it handy? Thanks

windrider1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: FLYSURFER, HQ KITES, OZONE KITES

Postby windrider1 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:09 pm

Where are u located I have a new liquidforce bar for sale $225 , 52cm adjustable length. Im in the usa , NY . pm me

br44 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:30 pm
tomtom wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:05 pm
Carbon one. There are many option, SK bar, Groove, and some other google it. Once you try bare carbon bar without EVA you will not going back,
I need a couple of extra bars myself. SK and Groove don't work for me - too expensive and not worth it for casual use. Any cheaper ones? Also can you forward the link to carbon DIY bar if you have it handy? Thanks
Attachments
IMG_1588.JPG
Last edited by windrider1 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:10 pm

viewtopic.php?f=107&t=2395445&hilit=car ... e&start=10

for example - but this is not rocket science... - basically you paying with your time - the more neat and functional bar you want the more time you spend.

Basicaly is 25mm outside to 22mm inside diameter premade carbon tube then 22/18 mm insert in middle as reinforcement - and some 18mm solid plastic rode /nylon/delrin/ as "hole material"
so full lenght is 25mm/22 - ca. 10cm center is 22/18 and ca, 7cm piece is solid plastic. Sand every surface glue with epoxy. Done. Then bar ends and winders but this is cosmetic.
Whole material is about 40E per bar. Then you must learn how to splice lines /brummel splice/ and use your creativity. About QR - if you dont unhook this is cheap and work

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2385302&hilit=pin&start=790 - this is also good inspiration
These users thanked the author tomtom for the post:
br44 (Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:14 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:47 pm

Ozone foil race bars work great, wide depower range, easy to build custom linesets for because they're not over-engineered. Haven't tried a carbon bar, from what some have said they're absolutely amazing for kite control and others think they're a death trap because they break (???)

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:22 pm

Never heard of any carbon bar break. Anyway i had aluminium bar breakage in 2000s and it wasnt much drama even with old C kites...

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Has thanked: 0

Postby elguapo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:19 am

sonny2727 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:12 am
short answer is ozone foil race v3 ...I have this in 62cm for Soul 15m and this combination is probably the best bar and kite freeride combo. Thing that's missing in ozone bar compare to say click bar is adjustable stopper which comes in handy when you loop the kite and spin bar in light conditions u don't want bar to go up and loose power...that said click bar is complicated and more things to break. Click bar you can loop endless without line crossing and massive depower range that will work well with small foil kite but not if you sheet in while looping.
All said I think currently Ozone bar is the best bar in the market, don't know new FS bar and Hyperlink v2 so BEST will change ...interesting times for foil kites..:)
any links for info about this Hyperlink v2?

Return to “Foil Kites”